Author Topic: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13899 times)

jeanmiche777

Re: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #180 on: August 26, 2012, 05:21:16 PM »
the production on any album is as important as the rhyme.

How are niggas gunna front like Illmatic's beats were out of this world? If Slaughterhouse's album had Illmatic's exact production today it would get crucified.

That's probably the greatest album of all-time to me, but the beats didn't "wow" me.

The production on Illmatic is really incredible. The world is yours is your is probably Pete Rock best work, and he's my favorite producer ever. What's so good about these beats? They changed the way producers tried to sound after that and influenced a whole generation of beatmakers. The sound is so cohesive but yet you can recognize every producer on the album.

This Slaughterhouse album? I just can't understand how someone says, ''you should like the album, the raps are good, idc 'bout the beat'', the fuck? It's music, not poetry. If you only like lyrics, go read some books. The production on this album sucks, doesn't match their style at all. I guess if you don't mind listening to generic beats with no cohesion with poppy shitty singers on the hook, but with great raps, this album is for you

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #181 on: August 26, 2012, 05:43:08 PM »

the production on any album is as important as the rhyme.

How are niggas gunna front like Illmatic's beats were out of this world? If Slaughterhouse's album had Illmatic's exact production today it would get crucified.

That's probably the greatest album of all-time to me, but the beats didn't "wow" me.

The production on Illmatic is really incredible. The world is yours is your is probably Pete Rock best work,

wrong.
"Shut em down (remix)"Public Enemy,, and "troy"PR & Cl Smooth --> Nas "World is yours"
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 05:57:59 PM by Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation) »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #182 on: August 26, 2012, 05:46:10 PM »
Even the production Nas just got on "Life Is Good" isn't that great, but I still think the album is great because Nas just goes in on every song.

I think you guys just need to come to realization that:

1. You just flat out hate Slaughterhouse & won't give them credit no matter what they do or put out.
2. Have a bland taste in Hip Hop where you want everything to sound the same.
3. Can't fuck with anything having to do with mainstream no matter the sound due to close-mindedness.

1. We liked their debut. Wrong.

2. We're the ones with bland taste when you're the one stanning the blandest sounding album of the year?  :eh:  Wrong. We want Slaughterhouse to put out fire instead of trying to sound like Recovery 2.0

3. I don't know about anyone else, but I fuck with a lot of mainstream music. Prossibly more than you do. Wrong again.

I don't even know why I'm replying, you lost all credibility by bringing up illmatic. Comparing its classic production to this is a self ether on the level of when radiotube compared Gucci Mane to Nas. And anyway we all know you'll hate this album in a few weeks, just like when you were stanning Recovery and then later changed your mind.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #183 on: August 26, 2012, 06:15:22 PM »
Even the production Nas just got on "Life Is Good" isn't that great, but I still think the album is great because Nas just goes in on every song.

I think you guys just need to come to realization that:

1. You just flat out hate Slaughterhouse & won't give them credit no matter what they do or put out.
2. Have a bland taste in Hip Hop where you want everything to sound the same.
3. Can't fuck with anything having to do with mainstream no matter the sound due to close-mindedness.

1. We liked their debut. Wrong.

2. We're the ones with bland taste when you're the one stanning the blandest sounding album of the year?  :eh:  Wrong. We want Slaughterhouse to put out fire instead of trying to sound like Recovery 2.0

3. I don't know about anyone else, but I fuck with a lot of mainstream music. Prossibly more than you do. Wrong again.

I don't even know why I'm replying, you lost all credibility by bringing up illmatic. Comparing its classic production to this is a self ether on the level of when radiotube compared Gucci Mane to Nas. And anyway we all know you'll hate this album in a few weeks, just like when you were stanning Recovery and then later changed your mind.
LOL
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #184 on: August 26, 2012, 06:24:38 PM »
you lost all credibility by bringing up illmatic. Comparing its classic production to this is a self ether on the level of when radiotube compared Gucci Mane to Nas.

ouchhhh

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #185 on: August 26, 2012, 06:28:22 PM »
you lost all credibility by bringing up illmatic. Comparing its classic production to this is a self ether on the level of when radiotube compared Gucci Mane to Nas.

ouchhhh
like puttin' duct tape on a mustache and yankin' it off.....
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #186 on: August 26, 2012, 07:03:05 PM »

ouchhhh
like puttin' duct tape on a mustache and yankin' it off.....

lmao

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #187 on: August 27, 2012, 12:10:00 AM »
Life Is Good isn't great because Nas goes in on every song. It's great because it's a cohesive album, that you can play from top to bottom. Basically a full body of work. Something which the Slaughterhouse album ain't.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2012, 12:41:22 AM »
lol @ saying I "compared" the two. I'm just saying the beats on Illmatic weren't amazingly out of this world. One Love is probably my favorite song off that album, but the beat is simple as fuck. Y'all just weren't as harsh on those albums. End of the day, a nigga can sound dope over me beat boxing. Classic production is just icing on the cake, but cake tastes good no matter what.

& you guys "liked the first album?". Hack, get on your thread bump grind. I'm pretty sure more than half the feedback was shitting on the production there too & the fact they rapped about nothing.

But I guess I should expect people on Dubcc, who rep Dre, Game & Snoop to the fullest would prefer beats over lyrics.

Matty

« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2012, 02:51:12 AM »
lol @ saying I "compared" the two. I'm just saying the beats on Illmatic weren't amazingly out of this world. One Love is probably my favorite song off that album, but the beat is simple as fuck. Y'all just weren't as harsh on those albums. End of the day, a nigga can sound dope over me beat boxing. Classic production is just icing on the cake, but cake tastes good no matter what.

& you guys "liked the first album?". Hack, get on your thread bump grind. I'm pretty sure more than half the feedback was shitting on the production there too & the fact they rapped about nothing.

But I guess I should expect people on Dubcc, who rep Dre, Game & Snoop to the fullest would prefer beats over lyrics.

i don't think you're really listening to what's being said about the album. this stubbon line of arguing hit a brick wall a while back and you're still repeating the same stuff. makes no sense. i already said it's nothing to do with a vendetta against SH and that people have different tastes within genres. it's only logical that a lot people who enjoyed the previous SH material won't be feeling the vibe of this album. we're talking the transition from a more hip hop sound to urban pop melodies. you can't just seperate beats and lyrics like that, especially with a full on LP.

then to brush that all aside and make broad assumptions about people's musical tastes is straight up cheap and arrogant. personally my taste spans a lot of genres, decades and includes loads of mainstream/pop music. just because some of the current 'urban' sounds are being hated on doesn't speak to people's musical background. some people just know what they like. and i'm always open to something new if it works but this SH album isn't it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 08:01:52 AM by Matty »

Matty

« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2012, 02:59:25 AM »
if i had to pick another standout track besides 'hammer dance', 'get up' is dope. even with a more mainstream sounding production, No I.D. stays killing it. and crooked 8)

Will_B

« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2012, 03:26:43 AM »

Snap. People who say anyone can make a banger, with the right production etc etc

Garbage/dumb/lazy lyrics are a waste of good beats. Dope spittin over cheap beats, bad mixin etc = also a waste

This album is nice in places but Em and his sidekicks are mostly taking 'route one' in their concepts and execution. Its a well trodden path, but we've all heard it before...and better.

Eddz

« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2012, 06:01:36 AM »
I would of preferred a more "Hip-Hop" sound to the album but I'm still really liking the album. If they would of trimmed off a few tracks it would of went together a lot nicer.

The song featuring B.o.B. goes hard 8)

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #193 on: August 27, 2012, 06:08:49 AM »
 My copy should be in after work tomorrow so hopefully i can check it out and drop my opinion.
 Mix tape had instant appeal(aside from track one though^^; lol ) i get the feeling the actual album may take a few listens.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #194 on: August 27, 2012, 06:16:05 AM »
havent listened to the album yet...but having looked at the production credits and seen Hit Boy, Boi 1nda, Kane Beatz and Alex Da Kid all over it, i do have the feeling im not gonna like it as much as the first album...with that being said, i will give it a fair few spins and see how it is

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare