Author Topic: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13891 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #225 on: August 28, 2012, 08:41:58 PM »
Don't get all puckered up fam

I'm not typing with angst in my heart, I'll do some more smilies next time ;)

Classics don't automatically mean the track is some kind of masterpiece tho you're right. I totally get u.

Doggystyle isn't a masterpiece?  :-\

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #226 on: August 29, 2012, 12:30:47 AM »
Just got my copy bout to eat then listen.
 Illmatic is not overrated. IMO.

what did you eat, bro bro?
I ate dog penis cos tiger penis was too expensive.

lol @ anyone who says this album isnt lyrical. its actually very lyrical especially for a mainstream again. use your OWN ears...
I dont recall anyone bagging the lyrical side of things just the gay production and even gayer hooks.

Still havent givin it a second listen yet though but oh what could have been....

dnjp4life

« Reply #227 on: August 29, 2012, 03:36:53 AM »
Bought the album yesterday and have given it a couple of spins.  I'm in two minds about it at the moment.

Whilst there are quite a few decent tracks, it seems to be a case of 'too many producers spoil the broth' which has resulted in the album not having a cohesive sound.  As with a lot of releases these days the album is far too long (e.g. like Snoop Dogg's latter albums) and would benefit with some of the poorer tracks being scrapped.  

Some of the beats are overproduced Southern-sounding tinny productions that don't suit Slaughterhouse at all and verge on the unlistenable ('Throw That', 'Walk of Shame' and 'Coffin' immediately come to mind), and some of their subject matter sounds out of place on the beats.  Eminem put in a lacklustre verse on 'Our House' and compared to the last album, the creative lines and punchlines are a little on the low side and some of the choruses are annoying as others have said.  Also, I know it's pedantic but it annoys me that they have a song called 'Throw That' and a similar named joint called 'Throw it Away' on the same album.

That said, Crooked I steals the show here and his verse on 'Flip A Bird' is one of the standout points of the album for me.  Also, I've always been a fan of 'Hammerdance' and 'My Life' unlike a lot of other people here, and so their inclusion on the album is a plus for me.

I think I need to give it a few more listens to really get a proper appreciation for the album but at the moment I have to say I'm a little disappointed with it.  It's such a shame considering the time and the budget they had to make it.  I think if they had used all of the beats from Hell: The Sequel that would have been perfect for them.

Ps: Note to Slaughterhouse - never use an Alex Da Kid beat again, Please!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 03:50:06 AM by dnjp4life »

Matty

« Reply #228 on: August 29, 2012, 03:56:05 AM »
lol @ anyone who says this album isnt lyrical. its actually very lyrical especially for a mainstream again. use your OWN ears...

No one said that. Pointless post.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #229 on: August 29, 2012, 06:03:57 AM »

I'm not typing with angst in my heart,

lmao well, thats nice for a change.
we're all proud of u
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:22:43 AM by Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation) »

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #230 on: August 29, 2012, 06:28:59 AM »
 Ok, gave it a second listen. Definitely sounded alot better upon another spin.
 So, its not as shit as i thought. I think this time around i listened to all the lyrics more closely and i was more prepared and knew what to expect. prolly more open minded cos i already knew the album wasn't what we'd all like and expect.
 But i guess we all knew slaughter house would be hard to market and a major is business rather that art form and creativity and originality.

I liked it alot more, was feelin it more. i didn't feel like songs sucked so bad or were the worst but it still is a "what could've/should've been' album.
 But i had a six pack or so in me and kept drinking beer and some vodka whilst listening so maybe thats why i was liking it more.
 Weird album really. A song or two reminded me some Mo thugs shit or something.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #231 on: August 29, 2012, 06:50:05 AM »
video teaser for throw it away

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:53:44 AM by Episcop Cruel Cvrle »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Eddz

« Reply #232 on: August 29, 2012, 04:05:34 PM »
I liked it a lot more on the second listen and think it's a great album. Even "Throw It Away" is growing on me ;D

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #233 on: August 29, 2012, 05:21:08 PM »
Alright, I've bumped it enough, it's time.

1. The Slaughter - N/A
2. Our House - 5/5; personal favorite off the album. Alex Da Kid's drums are a little weak, but Skylar kills the hook & all verses are extremely on point, especially Eminem's which surprised me. I heard Joe had a pretty awesome verse for this; shame they cut him off.
3. Coffin - 3.5/5; Cool for a banger, beat is a little weak. They come kinda silly lyrically, but nothing stupid. I fuck with that Busta hook though.
4. Throw That - 3/5; Catchy single. Even though Em's hook is strange as fuck, shit kinda bumps. Verses are decent, but nothing really to write home about.
5. Hammer Dance - 3.5/5; At first I fucked with this joint, but it got old kinda fast to me. I feel it's a step back lyrically, little dumbed down because it was the lead single to the album. Beat knocks, but not all that great.
6. Get Up - 4.5/5; No I.D gave them a fucking joint right here. I fuck with every aspect of this song.
7. My Life - 2/5; Never cared for this song or anything about it lol. If the entire album was like this, I'd understand where some of you are coming from.
8. We Did It - N/A...but really not needed at all.
9. Flip A Bird - 4/5; I fuck with this. Smooth flowing song. Mixed well. Chrous is unique, everyone goes in.
10. Throw It Away 1/5; Worst song ever.
11. Rescue Me - 5/5; Skylar & Alex Da Kid really don't miss, in my opinion. Joe Budden stands out, but everyone just came threw on this joint. Beat just goes in the whip.
12. Frat House - 4.5/5; "The One" on steroids. I like how they all stick to the "college" theme of this & nobody gets off track. Absolutely bangs. Joe & Joell come dope as fuck with the back & forth. Royce & Crooked kill their verses.
13. Goodbye - 5/5; One of the top joints from the album. Nice to hear real deep shit from Crooked I. He needs to do it more. Joe & Joell really came through on this too. Beat had an awesome feel & the hook just compliments it so well. Arguably the best song.
14. Park It Sideways - 4/5; Feel good song. Fuck with the opera-like background vocals & the beat overall. Royce's hook comes correct & everyone just does their thing on this.
15. Die - 4.5/5; Coulda done without that little intro; they probably should of used that as the intro to the album, but whatever. The song itself is sick from top to bottom.
16. Our Way - 5/5; Royce sets the tone right off the bat. Beat is nice & dark. The message was dope as fuck.
17. Asylum - 4.5/5; Sounded like Eminem had some Dre elements on the production. Also came through with a correct hook. All went in on the verses. Another song Joe shouldn't have been left off though. Overall, very nice cut though.
18. Walk of Shame - 4/5; Should have been a single, in my opinion. Better than all the ones they chose. Cool vibe to it. Lyrically clever which made it dope for me.
19. The Other Side - 5/5; I almost don't even want to talk about this song. How this didn't make the "16 song cut" is beyond me. One of the best songs the group's ever made. Hook was dope as hell. All come correct as hell. So strange why Shady didn't push this beyond a "bonus track".
20. Place To Be - 4.5/5; BoB came through decently. Slaughterhouse went in. Beat is a little off for me, hook is on point though.

The album started off shakey, but after My Life was really good. Shady could of done without the singles they chose & used "Our House", "Walk of Shame" & "Frat House" & probably do better numbers than they will. Also cut the weakest songs off the album, making it appear stronger. But if you cut the singles they chose completely, overall it's better than the debut for me.

Also matty, hop off my dick, fam.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2012, 05:27:24 PM »
projected to sell 50-60k first week...doubling their first album sales, may get number 1 album in country which would be a W

I expected 70 to 90k tho..if anyone took an L its hip hop not slaughterhouse

anyways I would love to see them get number 1 in country..2 yrs ago ppl would laugh at slaughterhouse having a number 1 record in country...jokes on you now

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2012, 05:49:05 PM »
coffin is teh best song but Crooked should have been given the ability to drop 2 verses  8)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #236 on: August 29, 2012, 08:21:20 PM »
The second half of the album is definitely the strongest, and like Cham I don't realise why the "Bonus Tracks" were left as "Bonus Tracks", could of easily replaced some of the album tracks imo.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2012, 10:33:54 PM »
projected to sell 50-60k first week...doubling their first album sales, may get number 1 album in country which would be a W

I expected 70 to 90k tho..if anyone took an L its hip hop not slaughterhouse

anyways I would love to see them get number 1 in country..2 yrs ago ppl would laugh at slaughterhouse having a number 1 record in country...jokes on you now

Thats not bad then. iam guessing better than yelawolf?(or what ever his name is).
 Did this album get rated in the source or XXL?
 wtf i keep getting flip a bird and my life stuck in my head. Thats why they make annoying hooks i guess..

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2012, 10:37:33 PM »
Yelawolf sold about 86 copies

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #239 on: August 29, 2012, 11:17:29 PM »
 :laugh: