Author Topic: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13896 times)

ANgry!

• Lil Geezy
Re: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #270 on: September 01, 2012, 01:14:41 PM »
clearly eminems recovery is going well...

hes 45 rapping about throwing dicks with slaugterhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sure his handlers are thrilled with his progress!!!!!!!!!!!!

ems up late pumping profopol putting finishing touches on slauterhouse throwaways!!!!!!!!!!

LOL @ skyler grey and b.o.b. hooks

u know these bums thought they had a secret weapon with those... really broguht in the big guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slaugter doing their best to emulate eminem and his circle chants... hold your lighters in the sky and cry shit...

for all these rhymes not one is memorable...

LOL @ crooked i trying to deliver super technical catchy sing a long lyrics on walk of shame

BHWBWHBAHHWHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

just make sure to rhyme "here" and "clear" like wiz khalifsgay and youre platnium right crook...

get a clue u BUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

been riding the bench for 20 years now hes getting his first run ever and they already want him gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joell ortiz needs to get into voice acting... cartoon goof... yaawaaaaaaa and pork rine giggles nigga has all these sound effects backing super corny lines on TRASH production

please slaugter fans tell me what im missing here

royce has all these start and stop flows where hes rapping about jack shit

joell giggles and bumbles his way through candyland like a fat little pussy

crooked i comes super technical on cee-lo stinkers that flop and raps about left eye and explains to u how real that is!!!!!!!!!!

joe buddens tries raping like southern club niggas jay-z and eminem and fails EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

these guys got one last shot and blew it like no one else could!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eminem thought these guys were gonna blow and let him retire...

WRONG

album time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #271 on: September 01, 2012, 10:44:37 PM »
How is this guy still posting regularly? lmfao.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #272 on: September 02, 2012, 11:50:08 AM »
How is this guy still posting regularly? lmfao.

it takes a lot to get banned here in 2012

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #273 on: September 02, 2012, 09:36:14 PM »
Alright, I've bumped it enough, it's time.

1. The Slaughter - N/A
2. Our House - 5/5; personal favorite off the album. Alex Da Kid's drums are a little weak, but Skylar kills the hook & all verses are extremely on point, especially Eminem's which surprised me. I heard Joe had a pretty awesome verse for this; shame they cut him off.
3. Coffin - 3.5/5; Cool for a banger, beat is a little weak. They come kinda silly lyrically, but nothing stupid. I fuck with that Busta hook though.
4. Throw That - 3/5; Catchy single. Even though Em's hook is strange as fuck, shit kinda bumps. Verses are decent, but nothing really to write home about.
5. Hammer Dance - 3.5/5; At first I fucked with this joint, but it got old kinda fast to me. I feel it's a step back lyrically, little dumbed down because it was the lead single to the album. Beat knocks, but not all that great.
6. Get Up - 4.5/5; No I.D gave them a fucking joint right here. I fuck with every aspect of this song.
7. My Life - 2/5; Never cared for this song or anything about it lol. If the entire album was like this, I'd understand where some of you are coming from.
8. We Did It - N/A...but really not needed at all.
9. Flip A Bird - 4/5; I fuck with this. Smooth flowing song. Mixed well. Chrous is unique, everyone goes in.
10. Throw It Away 1/5; Worst song ever.
11. Rescue Me - 5/5; Skylar & Alex Da Kid really don't miss, in my opinion. Joe Budden stands out, but everyone just came threw on this joint. Beat just goes in the whip.
12. Frat House - 4.5/5; "The One" on steroids. I like how they all stick to the "college" theme of this & nobody gets off track. Absolutely bangs. Joe & Joell come dope as fuck with the back & forth. Royce & Crooked kill their verses.
13. Goodbye - 5/5; One of the top joints from the album. Nice to hear real deep shit from Crooked I. He needs to do it more. Joe & Joell really came through on this too. Beat had an awesome feel & the hook just compliments it so well. Arguably the best song.
14. Park It Sideways - 4/5; Feel good song. Fuck with the opera-like background vocals & the beat overall. Royce's hook comes correct & everyone just does their thing on this.
15. Die - 4.5/5; Coulda done without that little intro; they probably should of used that as the intro to the album, but whatever. The song itself is sick from top to bottom.
16. Our Way - 5/5; Royce sets the tone right off the bat. Beat is nice & dark. The message was dope as fuck.
17. Asylum - 4.5/5; Sounded like Eminem had some Dre elements on the production. Also came through with a correct hook. All went in on the verses. Another song Joe shouldn't have been left off though. Overall, very nice cut though.
18. Walk of Shame - 4/5; Should have been a single, in my opinion. Better than all the ones they chose. Cool vibe to it. Lyrically clever which made it dope for me.
19. The Other Side - 5/5; I almost don't even want to talk about this song. How this didn't make the "16 song cut" is beyond me. One of the best songs the group's ever made. Hook was dope as hell. All come correct as hell. So strange why Shady didn't push this beyond a "bonus track".
20. Place To Be - 4.5/5; BoB came through decently. Slaughterhouse went in. Beat is a little off for me, hook is on point though.

The album started off shakey, but after My Life was really good. Shady could of done without the singles they chose & used "Our House", "Walk of Shame" & "Frat House" & probably do better numbers than they will. Also cut the weakest songs off the album, making it appear stronger. But if you cut the singles they chose completely, overall it's better than the debut for me.

Also matty, hop off my dick, fam.

didnt read just skimmed
dont understand ur rating-system
how can u bump a track & then come to the conclusion - "well this song deserves 3.5 or 3.7"?,,,
 what's the difference between "3.5, 3.7 and 4"?

do u use a scale?

Remedy360

« Reply #274 on: September 02, 2012, 09:53:36 PM »

1. The Slaughter - N/A
2. Our House - 5/5; personal favorite off the album. Alex Da Kid's drums are a little weak, but Skylar kills the hook & all verses are extremely on point, especially Eminem's which surprised me. I heard Joe had a pretty awesome verse for this; shame they cut him off.
3. Coffin - 3.5/5; Cool for a banger, beat is a little weak. They come kinda silly lyrically, but nothing stupid. I fuck with that Busta hook though.
4. Throw That - 3/5; Catchy single. Even though Em's hook is strange as fuck, shit kinda bumps. Verses are decent, but nothing really to write home about.
5. Hammer Dance - 3.5/5; At first I fucked with this joint, but it got old kinda fast to me. I feel it's a step back lyrically, little dumbed down because it was the lead single to the album. Beat knocks, but not all that great.
6. Get Up - 4.5/5; No I.D gave them a fucking joint right here. I fuck with every aspect of this song.
7. My Life - 2/5; Never cared for this song or anything about it lol. If the entire album was like this, I'd understand where some of you are coming from.
9. Flip A Bird - 4/5; I fuck with this. Smooth flowing song. Mixed well. Chrous is unique, everyone goes in.
11. Rescue Me - 5/5; Skylar & Alex Da Kid really don't miss, in my opinion. Joe Budden stands out, but everyone just came threw on this joint. Beat just goes in the whip.
12. Frat House - 4.5/5; "The One" on steroids. I like how they all stick to the "college" theme of this & nobody gets off track. Absolutely bangs. Joe & Joell come dope as fuck with the back & forth. Royce & Crooked kill their verses.
13. Goodbye - 5/5; One of the top joints from the album. Nice to hear real deep shit from Crooked I. He needs to do it more. Joe & Joell really came through on this too. Beat had an awesome feel & the hook just compliments it so well. Arguably the best song.
14. Park It Sideways - 4/5; Feel good song. Fuck with the opera-like background vocals & the beat overall. Royce's hook comes correct & everyone just does their thing on this.
15. Die - 4.5/5; Coulda done without that little intro; they probably should of used that as the intro to the album, but whatever. The song itself is sick from top to bottom.
16. Our Way - 5/5; Royce sets the tone right off the bat. Beat is nice & dark. The message was dope as fuck.
17. Asylum - 4.5/5; Sounded like Eminem had some Dre elements on the production. Also came through with a correct hook. All went in on the verses. Another song Joe shouldn't have been left off though. Overall, very nice cut though.
18. Walk of Shame - 4/5; Should have been a single, in my opinion. Better than all the ones they chose. Cool vibe to it. Lyrically clever which made it dope for me.
19. The Other Side - 5/5; I almost don't even want to talk about this song. How this didn't make the "16 song cut" is beyond me. One of the best songs the group's ever made. Hook was dope as hell. All come correct as hell. So strange why Shady didn't push this beyond a "bonus track".
20. Place To Be - 4.5/5; BoB came through decently. Slaughterhouse went in. Beat is a little off for me, hook is on point though.

The album started off shakey, but after My Life was really good. Shady could of done without the singles they chose & used "Our House", "Walk of Shame" & "Frat House" & probably do better numbers than they will. Also cut the weakest songs off the album, making it appear stronger. But if you cut the singles they chose completely, overall it's better than the debut for me.

didnt read just skimmed
how can u bump a track & then come to the conclusion - "well this song deserves 3.5 or 3.7"?,,,

do u use a scale?

Just halves..definitely not the first time I've seen someone do that.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #275 on: September 03, 2012, 12:06:59 AM »

1. The Slaughter - N/A

didnt read just skimmed

do u use a scale?

Yeah, there was no 3.7. Only .5's, which is pretty standard for a review.

Will_B

« Reply #276 on: September 03, 2012, 02:08:55 AM »
Mike always exaggerates to get a his point accross.

Rain Man here had no feeling for music, no point trying to explain fam  :)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #277 on: September 03, 2012, 08:03:58 AM »

1. The Slaughter - N/A

didnt read just skimmed

do u use a scale?

1. The Slaughter - N/A

didnt read just skimmed

do u use a scale?

how can a person evaluate ratings wit .5's and .7's when they rate them?
do u use a ruler or scale?

like for example, when i listen to songs from an album - its not like i listen to it, and then "bam, this specific track right here deserves 5.5 or 5.9, cuz the lyrics were a tad better on this 3rd verse" or whatever

im glad that sites like IMDB.com stopped using it.
it's just retarded, and doesnt say anything about the quality to a reader

Invincible

« Reply #278 on: September 03, 2012, 08:16:31 AM »

like for example, when i listen to songs from an album - its not like i listen to it, and then "bam, this specific track right here deserves 5.5 or 5.9, cuz the lyrics were a tad better on this 3rd verse" or whatever

Basically, if you are going to rate in halves, why wouldn't you just rate out of 10 instead? If you are going to rate out of 5, then there should only be 5 marks available.

Portugoal

« Reply #279 on: September 03, 2012, 09:12:02 AM »
you can also rate in %

i like the song with Cee Lo Green 87.4%

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #280 on: September 03, 2012, 10:28:47 AM »

Basically, if you are going to rate in halves, why wouldn't you just rate out of 10 instead? If you are going to rate out of 5, then there should only be 5 marks available.

I've always thought a 3/5 is a better rating than a 6/10 though.

Matty

« Reply #281 on: September 03, 2012, 10:30:40 AM »
you can also rate in %

i like the song with Cee Lo Green 87.4%

that's 87.4% overated.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #282 on: September 03, 2012, 05:21:16 PM »

1. The Slaughter - N/A

didnt read just skimmed

do u use a scale?

1. The Slaughter - N/A
5. Hammer Dance - 3.5/5; At first I fucked with this joint, but igot old kinda fast to me. I feel it's a step back lyrically, little dumbed down because it was the lead single to the album. Beat knocks, but not all that great.

didnt read just skimmed

do u use a scale?

There are no .9 or .7 ratings though, even The Source gives 3.5 mics sometimes, . I dunno if decimals are hard to learn in your country but you're trying to make a retarded point here.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #283 on: September 03, 2012, 06:35:57 PM »
my review

2 Our House:  4/5   hook is nothing special and this being the first song NEEDED all 4 members on it

3-Coffin:  5/5  verses should have been longer but who cares?  beat is BANGING and the raps are all tight

4-Throw That:  3/5 i like the song but so much more could have been done

5-Hammer Dance 4/5 the el-p remix is better but i love both

6-Get Up 3/5  another wack hook

7-My Life  5/5  pop as fuck but they got Cee Lo on this one (a legit force in the game for years) and the rhymes are dope.  Crooked kills it.

8- worthless skit

9-Flip a Bird 4.5/5  hook is simple, kinda grows on me.  the verses are great and beat is dope.

10-Throw It Away:  4/5 hated it at first, LOVE it now.  Swizz is perfect for this hook.  this should have been the first song on the album

11-Rescue Me  4/5  only downside again is the hook

12-Frat House  5/5  best song on the album

13-Goodbye  4.5/5  deepest song on the album i'd say and Joell drops the deepest one i think

14-Park It Sideways 3/5  Werid ass hook, raps are simple and beat is simply not fit for Slaughterhouse.  Song could be worse, it could have Skyler Gray on it

15-Die  5/5  amazing song, the hook sounds like a Bone Thugs song in a good way

16-Our Way 4/5  this is pretty damn dope, each verse was better than the previous one

17-Asylum  4.5/5  could have been the best song on the album if Joe was on it OR Eminem could have done a 4th verse

18-Walk of Shame  4/5 nice song

19-The Other Side 4.5/5  would be 5/5 if Crooked were on it, perhaps instead of Joey

20-Place To Be with B.O.B.  5/5  second best song on the cd, even if B.O.B. is on it he didn't fuck it up

76 out of 90 so 84%

compliments and complaints:

1-eminem should have had a song with just the 5 of them all spazzing out over a beat

2-instead of that weak skit they should have kept Joe's verse on Our House

3-who the fuck is Skyler Gray?

4-Crook killed it

5-I See Dead People should have been the last song with Eminem replacing DJ Drama's talking part before Joe raps....oh well one can wish.

6- did anyone notice the CD is 80 minutes and 39 seconds??  is single disc technology really able to go OVER 80 now?  I've never seen that before....good work on filling it up with music

despite all the criticism I find myself satisfied with my purchase

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #284 on: September 03, 2012, 07:53:16 PM »
 After a third listen(drunken i might add) it dose seem to sound better with every listen. I think now i dont feel like it sux but it definitely isnt a great album. Its good but some of those beats and hooks really ruin it and make it hard to listen to.
 I'd probably be embarrassed to play alot of the songs in my car or at a party or something.
 Some of the songs are really catchy though and get stuck in your head.
 I think if your in the right mood its a pretty decent album, once you get over the fact that its not a dope hip hop album and except it for what it is and listen with an open mind.
 But because of what could have been i'd have to say 6/10.