Author Topic: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13892 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #300 on: September 05, 2012, 04:07:35 PM »
lololol @ Rick Ross not even getting close to 500,000. Some boss. ::)

Ross is gonna go gold eventually which is great in this climate. Slaughterhouse just dropped a flop of an album quality wise and commercial wise, getting outsold by a Christian rapper named Toby Mac. So, I wouldn't talk.

Niggaaaaa please. If you're going to act like MMG isn't one of the biggest names in Hip Hop, I'd have to question if you listened to it. Em, Jay & Wayne sell a million in a week.

Whose going to buy a Slaughterhouse album? The only appeal was an Eminem feature & kids are just going to download that one song off iTunes. I'm considered a "stan" of the group & I didn't buy the album lol.

Only person that believes that Ross is in the same league as those guys is Rick Ross himself. MMG is a fad like G-Unit and Dipset were. If this was 05 they'd be going platinum. But everybody knows that they won't last 5 years.

I mean, I agree. He's still popular. I was just making fun of the fact he hasn't hit 500,000 but talks more shit than any of them.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #301 on: September 05, 2012, 05:56:20 PM »
congrats to slaughter for the #1 hip hop album

shoulda and coulda done alot better sales wise tho...not their fault

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #302 on: September 05, 2012, 10:31:19 PM »
 Yeah congrats to them for charting so high. Dosent seem it will sell big overall but still grats to them.
  Yep better single selection it could have done so much better. A single with Eminem should've happened.

Anyways after a 4th listen i now like the album^^; Its a good album. Not a classic but the fact all four of them are great rappers and lyrical makes it good. i mean you wont find many other albums with these sort of lyrics other than very underground. The songs definitely grow on you.
 Well iam gonna stop posting after every listen now.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 02:01:25 AM by KrazySumwhat »

Portugoal

« Reply #303 on: September 06, 2012, 01:23:03 AM »
lololol @ Rick Ross not even getting close to 500,000. Some boss. ::)

Ross is gonna go gold eventually which is great in this climate. Slaughterhouse just dropped a flop of an album quality wise and commercial wise, getting outsold by a Christian rapper named Toby Mac. So, I wouldn't talk.

Niggaaaaa please. If you're going to act like MMG isn't one of the biggest names in Hip Hop, I'd have to question if you listened to it. Em, Jay & Wayne sell a million in a week.

Whose going to buy a Slaughterhouse album? The only appeal was an Eminem feature & kids are just going to download that one song off iTunes. I'm considered a "stan" of the group & I didn't buy the album lol.

Ask anybody who doesn't listen to hip hop who Rick Ross is... None would have a clue. They'd know who Eminem and Jay-Z are, possibly Lil Wayne too... but they don't know who Rick Ross is, let alone what MMG is. Trust me.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #304 on: September 06, 2012, 08:14:28 AM »
Possible....however people who "don't listen to Hip Hop" probably aren't going to buy a Hip Hop album anyway lol.

It's not that Jay-Z is getting people to buy his album that Rick Ross can't. Every fan of the genre knows them, Rick just ISN'T a boss.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #305 on: September 06, 2012, 08:53:50 AM »
Crooked I's clique is named Circle Of Bosses. Is he a boss ? Gucci Maine calls himself trap God. Is he ? It's just rappers being confident about themselves. Nothing new. I don't know why Rick Ross is such an exception. He has been calling himself boss since he got into the game. It's obviously his trademark phrase or whatever.

MistaNova

« Reply #306 on: September 06, 2012, 09:20:14 AM »
It's not that Jay-Z is getting people to buy his album that Rick Ross can't. Every fan of the genre knows them, Rick just ISN'T a boss.

In a sense it's kinda like that.
Jay-Z at least gets every hip hop fan to check his shit out.
Rick Ross on the other hand gets "wack" stamped across his shit by almost everyone who listens to hip hop before they hear anything.

What I mean is that Rick Ross is looked at as one of hip hop's biggest cancers. He and Lil Wayne are constantly lumped together and said to be ones who ruined hip hop in the late 00's. Rick Ross' image amongst people who listen to hip hop is that he's wack, he's fat and if you listen to him you are automatically considered uncool or "know nothing about real hip hop." As a result the shallow listeners who think they have to have the same tastes that the "hip hop experts" have consider him wack before listening to any of his songs to be accepted and alot of these people are usually people who are new to hip hop and don't know who makes good music and who makes bad music (a lot of times they consider a rapper wack even before they've established what their standards for quality music are).
Whereas with Jay-Z he's got this image as the face of the franchise (so to speak) and it's not cool or bad or really anything to call him wack so people don't and give his stuff a try, whether they'll buy it or not is up to them.

So basically Jay-Z gets some people to buy his album that Rick Ross can't get to buy his because he's commonly considered wack.
And yes I consider at least 50% of people who listen to hip hop to be shallow fucks who think they have to like the same artists and hate the same artists as everyone else to be accepted. There are a lot of these people in society, I have no doubt that there are a lot of them amongst those who listen to hip hop.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #307 on: September 06, 2012, 09:50:44 AM »
Crooked I's clique is named Circle Of Bosses. Is he a boss ? Gucci Maine calls himself trap God. Is he ? It's just rappers being confident about themselves. Nothing new. I don't know why Rick Ross is such an exception. He has been calling himself boss since he got into the game. It's obviously his trademark phrase or whatever.

You must be a big fan, bro lol.

I just found it funny he hasn't sold 500,000 yet. I don't check soundscans, so it came to a surprise to me.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #308 on: September 06, 2012, 11:45:21 AM »
yeah even Royce has sold 500 K now  ;D

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #309 on: September 06, 2012, 01:22:33 PM »
Ross was expecting to go Platinum with this album but its barely gonna push gold. For all the hype he tried to create, and the fact people thought this was the biggest album of his career, he didn't meet the standards, critically or commercially., Wale's gonna end with bigger numbers than Ross

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #310 on: September 06, 2012, 03:07:21 PM »
Expecting to go platinum ? By who ? Who in their right mind would expect an artist that never did platinum before all of a sudden, in this terrible climate, push platinum ? Other than of course, the MMG camp. Ross had the biggest first week sales of his career and he is 5 albums deep. That's a success. Critically it did good. Below expectations but far from bad. And one could argue again, that those expectations were build by the MMG camp. Rick Ross is not capable of a classic album, that he always claims so.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #311 on: September 06, 2012, 05:31:58 PM »
Expecting to go platinum ? By who ? Who in their right mind would expect an artist that never did platinum before all of a sudden, in this terrible climate, push platinum ? Other than of course, the MMG camp. Ross had the biggest first week sales of his career and he is 5 albums deep. That's a success. Critically it did good. Below expectations but far from bad. And one could argue again that those expectations were build by the MMG camp. Rick Ross is not capable of a classic album, that he always claims so.

Like you just said, MMG hyped their own shit up like crazy, and failed to meet the expectations they set for themselves. Ross likes to think he's on the same level as Jay, Ye, Drake and Wayne but he's a step down.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #312 on: September 06, 2012, 08:56:53 PM »
^That's basically all I was trying to say.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #313 on: September 07, 2012, 03:53:09 AM »
The Other Side is such a quality song, BIG single potential for sure.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #314 on: September 07, 2012, 05:21:06 AM »
Look at these white folk actin like they know hip hop smh.  

Nobody in the streets claim Ross and Wayne are "cancers that killed hip hop", just white suburban kids with computer access.  hip hop was born in the streets and will always be in the streets even if Execs from all over the globe make their own kareoke rap songs.  Niggas from the street born and kill rappers, not bloggers, even if Wayne dresses like a transvestite sometimes and we fry him for it.  It'll never change, it'll always be that way.  Especially when they're brought up constantly by every rap fan with a keyboard and Internet access (like y'all).  The Ross and Wayne punchlines are old news, white kids from the suburbs be the only ones talkin about it.  We don't care about y'all unless y'all spendin money, other than that fuck y'all.  Fuck wit it or fuck off

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xLLlYVVN_vU&amp;feature=youtube_gdata_player" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xLLlYVVN_vU&amp;feature=youtube_gdata_player</a>

As far as SlaughterHouse goes.  I think they've almost achieved what they set out to accomplish (but I'm not telling what that is).  I'm proud of them dudes, all of them.

Y'all forget that the Internet is a fantasy land reeking with innuendos everywhere.  I heard that this year at a popular nightclub in DC (luxe or ibiza, it escapes me at the moment) made money off of booking French Montana and they lost money booking Nicki Minaj [i assumed it was becuz of her rate but then again the DMV ain't exactly a broke and run down area and she has fans from all walks of life].  

Most Rap Niggaz don't be givin a fuck about a Grammy in real life, shit don't even be crossin our mind foreal foreal (fuck em).  That's that shit that Y'ALL care about.  We only say shit becuz Your People act like they don't see us (and their own children)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 05:26:46 AM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »