Author Topic: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13991 times)

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
Re: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2012, 05:36:27 AM »
Production is so bland ... both Yela and SH albums sound Recovery-ish ... not sure what is the purpose of making a whole album of poppy tunes since both acts won't sell shit regardless ..

Matty

« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2012, 05:49:57 AM »
Well i ordered my copy of the deluxe edition today, will pick it up Tuesday. iam looking forward to hearing it and judging it for myself. Gonna give the mix tape a listen tonight.

the mixtape has a more hip hop vibe as opposed to the album which is mainly pop. a shame it's not mixed because you can barely hear the beats properly with the loud vocals. limits its playability.

did you expect mixtape to be more pop than an album then?

nope, but i didn't expect the album to be so strongly pop sounding. i mean the mixtape isn't that street or anything, but a pretty strong contrast to the LP...

not to necessarily disagree with you since i myself dont think this is the way they should approach their album, but i guess they just wanted to use interscope resources, cause i doubt they would be able to get alex da kid or skylar grey in the studio or to get boi-1da, No I.D., Hit-Boy, T-Minus beats

seems more about eminem steering the project toward what's worked for him in the mainstream, as opposed to just using resources. like someone else said, he could of got them on dre and premo beats no problem. how about jake one? khalil? and it's not like there's just a few of the blatantly pop sounding beats, it's most of the album. to my ears it doesn't fit with SH. an introspective track here or there, but not a whole album of it. aside from hammerdance, i find the few harder sounding tracks dissapointing too.

there's nothing that comes close to their early material and the first album beats it for something i can happily bump.

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2012, 07:51:24 AM »
Well i ordered my copy of the deluxe edition today, will pick it up Tuesday. iam looking forward to hearing it and judging it for myself. Gonna give the mix tape a listen tonight.

the mixtape has a more hip hop vibe as opposed to the album which is mainly pop. a shame it's not mixed because you can barely hear the beats properly with the loud vocals. limits its playability.

did you expect mixtape to be more pop than an album then?

nope, but i didn't expect the album to be so strongly pop sounding. i mean the mixtape isn't that street or anything, but a pretty strong contrast to the LP...

not to necessarily disagree with you since i myself dont think this is the way they should approach their album, but i guess they just wanted to use interscope resources, cause i doubt they would be able to get alex da kid or skylar grey in the studio or to get boi-1da, No I.D., Hit-Boy, T-Minus beats

seems more about eminem steering the project toward what's worked for him in the mainstream, as opposed to just using resources. like someone else said, he could of got them on dre and premo beats no problem. how about jake one? khalil? and it's not like there's just a few of the blatantly pop sounding beats, it's most of the album. to my ears it doesn't fit with SH. an introspective track here or there, but not a whole album of it. aside from hammerdance, i find the few harder sounding tracks dissapointing too.

there's nothing that comes close to their early material and the first album beats it for something i can happily bump.

doubtfuly eminem told them on what beats to rap on, since they said it themselves that they only picked beats that all 4 of them liked, probably wanted to appeal to bigger audiences themselves. plus i remember yela saying that many of radioactive's songs was already made before joining eminem. Also em himself had khalil, just blaze and dre on recovery and it still sounded pop like, so maybe thats just the way hip hop sounds nowadays, i mean even nas had that random ass swizz track on his album

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2012, 08:41:56 AM »
^ Yeah but thats how SH album should have been. A whole bunch of Reach Out, Back When, Queens Story, Roses, Daughters, Nasty, You Wouldnt Understand etc. and then ONE ''Summer On Smash'' joint like My Life.

If an album has one radio cut on it I cant be mad at that but the whole damn album? Hell no.

And btw.. Do you really think they would go out and say they were handed WACK beats BEFORE the album is released? No sir, that would be the dumbest move ever if your plan is to have the album out.
I wouldnt be surprised if one of them started bitchin real soon about the album direction, beats, promotion etc.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2012, 09:52:11 AM »
I wouldnt be surprised if one of them started bitchin real soon about the album direction, beats, promotion etc.

coughJOEBUDDENcough

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2012, 10:01:35 AM »
I wonder how an "ideal sounding" Slaughterhouse album would sound to some of you lmao.

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2012, 10:06:37 AM »
^ Yeah but thats how SH album should have been. A whole bunch of Reach Out, Back When, Queens Story, Roses, Daughters, Nasty, You Wouldnt Understand etc. and then ONE ''Summer On Smash'' joint like My Life.

If an album has one radio cut on it I cant be mad at that but the whole damn album? Hell no.

And btw.. Do you really think they would go out and say they were handed WACK beats BEFORE the album is released? No sir, that would be the dumbest move ever if your plan is to have the album out.

I agree that thats how their album should sound like, but since they failed to do so with their debut, its silly to believe they would do it on major. Also even tho i like them they are not to be compared with nas, nas can make ALBUMS, SH is good for verses, songs (even tho i like this one).

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2012, 10:09:02 AM »

I agree that thats how their album should sound like, but since they failed to do so with their debut, its silly to believe they would do it on major. Also even tho i like them they are not to be compared with nas, nas can make ALBUMS, SH is good for verses, songs (even tho i like this one).

lol theres only so few acts in hip hop history who can be compared with Nas.

random to bring him into it

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2012, 11:29:13 AM »
I wonder how an "ideal sounding" Slaughterhouse album would sound to some of you lmao.

I think their debut is as close to "ideal" as the group is gonna get.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2012, 12:58:16 PM »
Crook still delivers some funny shit though.

''Fuck the whole world mayn
we are the freshest
Im higher than a baby on a seesaw with Precious''

LOL

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2012, 12:59:05 PM »
Crooked delivered on everything, as expected  8)

Crooked's first verse on the Cee Lo song is the only reason I can stomach that song.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2012, 01:07:56 PM »
Crooked delivered on everything, as expected  8)

Crooked's first verse on the Cee Lo song is the only reason I can stomach that song.

truth. Only thing is I hate when Crook starts spellin shit. It just sounds lame.

Like he absolutely had to spell out Eminem and Jay-z on Die?

Doesnt matter though. Still my all time fav  8)

Eddz

« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2012, 03:21:56 PM »
The album isn't as bad as all you are making out. Sure it would of been great to hear them rapping over more "hip-hop" beats but the album still goes hard. After listening to the album straight through most of the tracks are great. Most people were complaining about the production the the first album so they switch it up and everyone still complains.

We all know Jimmy Iovine isn't going to release an album full of Preemo, ALC & Khalil beats.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2012, 04:33:02 PM »

I'd guess it'd sound like "Microphone". Gonna listen to the album tonight, surprised Buddens ain't on the opener, Em came weak on that shit as well, didn't mind the hook though.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2012, 07:09:25 PM »
great album, might even be better than first

to the people crying it sounds too pop...shut the fuck up and play the mixtape than

COP THIS !!