Author Topic: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 14215 times)

Will_B

Re: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2012, 01:51:39 PM »
it has been downloaded.
i cant listen to this right now tho. too much rap too many bars, i have to be in the right mood

LOL

LMFAO bless :camp:

Better listen to some Niggarchi beats for now, or Snoopy Blue

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2012, 01:55:52 PM »
i like Snoopy Blue

Will_B

« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2012, 01:59:00 PM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2012, 05:24:19 PM »
I wonder how an "ideal sounding" Slaughterhouse album would sound to some of you lmao.

Them rapping over beats of Primo, Khalil, Alchemist, Nottz, Jake One and M-Phazes. That would be ideal for me.
but you guys will still find something wrong with it anyways

Yeah, lol. Then it "wouldn't have any substance or variety".

you asked what people would prefer, someone told you, then you say they wouldn't like it anyway. maybe give people's opinions a little more respect...they may genuinely not like the album because of the direction it took. perhaps it has nothing to do with being impossible to please. maybe the same people don't enjoy albums like recovery or a lot of the rap crossover stuff these days. people listen for different things in different genres...

likewise i see a few of the posters in this thread construing criticism as a vendetta against SH. again, i think it's got a lot more to do with the sound of the album. it's reasonable that a group like SH in particular is going to get flak for going in this direction.

C'mon, the first album was like that. Maybe not Premo but him scratching the entire song is boring anyway; but they had 80% banging beats or "not poppy" beats & they rapped with almost no substance outside of "Rain Drops" & we got "Wow, can they make a song for their lives?".

Outside of the singles, I don't know what's "awful" about any other song. Personally "The Other Side", "Our House" & "Get Up" are three of the best songs & I'd say they sound the most "poppy".

It's almost like you guys listen to two seconds of the song & just skipping past them ripping the song in half lyrically.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2012, 08:55:24 PM »
it has been downloaded.
i cant listen to this right now tho. too much rap too many bars, i have to be in the right mood

:eh:

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2012, 09:27:52 PM »
I wonder how an "ideal sounding" Slaughterhouse album would sound to some of you lmao.

Them rapping over beats of Primo, Khalil, Alchemist, Nottz, Jake One and M-Phazes. That would be ideal for me.

you asked what people would prefer, someone told you, then you say they wouldn't like it anyway. maybe give people's opinions a little more respect...they may genuinely not like the album because of the direction it took. perhaps it has nothing to do with being impossible to please. maybe the same people don't enjoy albums like recovery or a lot of the rap crossover stuff these days. people listen for different things in different genres...

likewise i see a few of the posters in this thread construing criticism as a vendetta against SH. again, i think it's got a lot more to do with the sound of the album. it's reasonable that a group like SH in particular is going to get flak for going in this direction.

C'mon, the first album was like that. Maybe not Premo but him scratching the entire song is boring anyway; but they had 80% banging beats or "not poppy" beats & they rapped with almost no substance outside of "Rain Drops" & we got "Wow, can they make a song for their lives?".

Outside of the singles, I don't know what's "awful" about any other song. Personally "The Other Side", "Our House" & "Get Up" are three of the best songs & I'd say they sound the most "poppy".

It's almost like you guys listen to two seconds of the song & just skipping past them ripping the song in half lyrically.

Since when was pop a substitute for substance?  :eh:  The two are mutually exclusive, one having to do with the sound of an album and the other having to do with the songwriting of an album. The production on their debut was much better than the production on this. I remember you saying you didn't like Recovery so you should understand why people aren't digging this. Don't know why you're arguing.

Matty

« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2012, 10:15:06 PM »

oh my, there's nothing wrong with the rapping on this album. i'm talking about the feel of it from a production perspective. when it comes to music, style is substance. both form and the lyrical content have a part to play in the overall experience. how much these factors effect people varies from person to person, but it's bigger than just the words. i'm not making an argument about the album lacking lyrical substance, that's a straw man. i didn't have that complaint about the first album either.

i'm saying the album's production sounds deliberately poppy. it sounds like recovery. that's a turn off. too many singing hooks and atmospheric beats. some tracks are straight up corny (my life, throw that, throw it away). while far from ideal, the first album didn't sound like this. it doesn't seem like you mind or get the same vibe, which is fine, but more than a couple of people here do. some of the posters are defending this like there's no legitimate way anyone could dislike it. i disagree and just because SH going to a major label with eminem makes it predictable, doesn't mean they get a pass.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 05:42:30 AM by Matty »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2012, 10:23:40 PM »
throw it away isn't a wack song  8)

Matty

« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2012, 10:29:00 PM »
throw it away isn't a wack song  8)

i think it's pretty bad, hammer dance is a lot better. the beat is decent, but swizz beatz is a cretin and SH sound forced and uncomfortable.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2012, 11:38:51 PM »
 Well just listened to the mix tape  :o wow dope as fuck! first beat i was liek  ahhh....ewwwww but apart from taht wow. betetr than their first actual album. Great raps, only one or two weak beats n one or two weak hooks. dope  8)

G3ne

• 'G'
« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2012, 05:27:15 AM »
I wonder why it was released on iTunes last friday. I thought it was supposed to be released next week? Did they release it because of the leak?

« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2012, 05:30:51 AM »
it has been downloaded.

the Fiona Apple-album gives me all the rotation i need right now.  fuck rap
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 05:43:40 AM by Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation) »

Will_B

« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2012, 08:26:06 AM »
it has been downloaded.

"Hey everyone I listen to other stuff that's cool, please like me"

Dickwang/Mike has to wait til someone transcribes the lyrics to Bangladeshi before he can absorb them...

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2012, 09:01:43 AM »
throw it away isn't a wack song  8)

i think it's pretty bad, hammer dance is a lot better. the beat is decent, but swizz beatz is a cretin and SH sound forced and uncomfortable.

i agree Hammer Dance is a lot better but Throw It Away is a good song with a bearable (but lame) hook by a producer who didn't even produce the beat LOL

but the UFO sample is never bad for rap songs  8)

« Reply #164 on: August 26, 2012, 09:56:24 AM »
it has been downloaded.

"Hey everyone I listen to other stuff that's cool, please like me"

Dickwang/Mike has to wait til someone transcribes the lyrics to Bangladeshi before he can absorb them...

awww, the way u reply to posts that arent related to u, seems to be an attention-seekin call for help.

im sorry that my playlist for the week (Fiona Apple), ruined ur day

now go and seek therapy and talk about your fragile feelings - before they  implode     :-*
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 04:23:47 PM by Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation) »