Author Topic: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13953 times)

Will_B

Re: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2012, 09:59:00 AM »

it has been downloaded.
i cant listen to this right now tho. too much rap too many bars, i have to be in the right mood

:eh:

the Fiona Apple-album gives me all the rotation i need right now.  fuck rap

"Hey everyone I listen to other stuff that's cool, please like me"

Dickwang/Mike has to wait til someone transcribes the lyrics to Bangladeshi before he can absorb them...

awww, the way u reply to posts that arent related to u, seems to be an attention-seekin call for help.

im sorry that my playlist for the week (Fiona Apple), ruined ur day

now go and seek therapy and talk about your fragile feelings - before your they  implode     :-*

LOL ETC.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2012, 02:53:52 PM »
I wonder how an "ideal sounding" Slaughterhouse album would sound to some of you lmao.

Them rapping over beats of Primo, Khalil, Alchemist, Nottz, Jake One and M-Phazes. That would be ideal for me.
but you guys will still find something wrong with it anyways

Yeah, lol. Then it "wouldn't have any substance or variety".

you asked what people would prefer, someone told you, then you say they wouldn't like it anyway. maybe give people's opinions a little more respect...they may genuinely not like the album because of the direction it took. perhaps it has nothing to do with being impossible to please. maybe the same people don't enjoy albums like recovery or a lot of the rap crossover stuff these days. people listen for different things in different genres...

likewise i see a few of the posters in this thread construing criticism as a vendetta against SH. again, i think it's got a lot more to do with the sound of the album. it's reasonable that a group like SH in particular is going to get flak for going in this direction.

C'mon, the first album was like that. Maybe not Premo but him scratching the entire song is boring anyway; but they had 80% banging beats or "not poppy" beats & they rapped with almost no substance outside of "Rain Drops" & we got "Wow, can they make a song for their lives?".

Outside of the singles, I don't know what's "awful" about any other song. Personally "The Other Side", "Our House" & "Get Up" are three of the best songs & I'd say they sound the most "poppy".

It's almost like you guys listen to two seconds of the song & just skipping past them ripping the song in half lyrically.
it's just opinions, it shouldn't bother you.

the album doesn't sound authentic, but generic.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #167 on: August 26, 2012, 03:23:30 PM »
All I'm saying is they kill it lyrically & their entire fan base & attraction is listening to them lyrically. So why we're so critical over production is beyond me.

Then again, I have zero complaints with "Our House", "Get Up", "Goodbye", "The Other Side" & "Rescue Me"; arguably the most poppy sounding songs.

I didn't like Recovery because Eminem overall was sub-par. But "Love The Way You Lie", "Space Bound" & "25 To Life" were the best three songs on it & I still find myself listening to those songs every now & again & they're poppy sounding as fuck. Maybe I just listen to it as music & not "Well it better have this sounding production, which this specific sounding flow, etc, etc. to be considered Hip Hop" & if I like how it sounds with the lyrical content they're capable of, I have no complaints.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #168 on: August 26, 2012, 04:07:56 PM »
The hook on Goodbye would fit great with Linkin Parks emo shit. Could have been Chester who wrote the hook. lol

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #169 on: August 26, 2012, 04:11:53 PM »
the production on any album is as important as the rhyme.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2012, 04:15:00 PM »

How are niggas gunna front like Illmatic's beats were out of this world? If Slaughterhouse's album had Illmatic's exact production today it would get crucified.

That's probably the greatest album of all-time to me, but the beats didn't "wow" me.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #171 on: August 26, 2012, 04:19:50 PM »

How are niggas gunna front like Illmatic's beats were out of this world? If Slaughterhouse's album had Illmatic's exact production today it would get crucified.

That's probably the greatest album of all-time to me, but the beats didn't "wow" me.

Illmatic?
the production would've "wowed" you, if u were around when it first came out in 94

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #172 on: August 26, 2012, 04:20:14 PM »
I've given this album a few spins now and I've got to say I'm not mad. Maybe from the reviews I was expecting a steaming pile of shit. Although the direction is on the poppier side (hooks mainly), the rappers are still on point and there are some hard tracks on there. Favourite tracks so far would be "Get Up", "Rescue Me" (sick beat), "Die" and "Our Way", "Flip A Bird" is hard as fuck, just the hook get's mad irritating. The only track which I'm going to always skip is "Throw It Away", track is average in every way.

Also I don't get why Budden was left of both the Eminem assisted tracks, he would of murked "Asylum". I would of liked to hear more Eminem production as well, his dark stuff would actually fit Slaughterhouse. Album is probably a 7/10 at the moment. will have to see if it grows on me or gets stale. "Recovery" got very stale to me, but I always though "Relapse" was the stronger album, would love to hear Slaughter get beats like on that album.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #173 on: August 26, 2012, 04:29:27 PM »

You didn't just compare this album's production to illmatic. This cookie cutter pop shit to NY State of Mind, Life's a Bitch or The World is Yours? You're fucking insane. Go to your room Ryan.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #174 on: August 26, 2012, 04:30:39 PM »

Illmatic?
the production would've "wowed" you, if u were around when it first came out in 94

So what does that change now? People still look back & love beats Dre made on the first Chronic.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #175 on: August 26, 2012, 04:31:03 PM »

smdh ???
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #176 on: August 26, 2012, 04:34:43 PM »
days after the leak and this and the mixtape still in rotation...wont be leaving anytime soon

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #177 on: August 26, 2012, 04:43:15 PM »
Even the production Nas just got on "Life Is Good" isn't that great, but I still think the album is great because Nas just goes in on every song.

I think you guys just need to come to realization that:

1. You just flat out hate Slaughterhouse & won't give them credit no matter what they do or put out.
2. Have a bland taste in Hip Hop where you want everything to sound the same.
3. Can't fuck with anything having to do with mainstream no matter the sound due to close-mindedness.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #178 on: August 26, 2012, 04:46:09 PM »
Even the production Nas just got on "Life Is Good" isn't that great, but I still think the album is great because Nas just goes in on every song.

I think you guys just need to come to realization that:

1. You just flat out hate Slaughterhouse & won't give them credit no matter what they do or put out.
2. Have a bland taste in Hip Hop where you want everything to sound the same.
3. Can't fuck with anything having to do with mainstream no matter the sound due to close-mindedness.
LOL

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #179 on: August 26, 2012, 05:03:24 PM »
"our house" ALL verses dropping this tuesday