Author Topic: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13946 times)

Matty

Re: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #210 on: August 28, 2012, 03:15:03 AM »
discussion threads on the first album

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=225596.0

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=225599.0 (main one)

very enthusiastic feedback, almost everyone is saying the album is great, album of the year etc. only thing is common with this thread is this one dude excessively stanning it throughout. guess who that is. and some of the comments about their next project and SH working with eminem are funny in hindsight ;D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:33:10 AM by Matty »

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #211 on: August 28, 2012, 04:15:55 AM »
Ok, so, i just listened to the album....
 Hmmm.....disappointed.
 It didnt start off too good and then it kinda was ok but then it just got to the point where i was like "this album is a steaming pile of shit!"
 But then it got better again.
 Ok so i must agree with everyone, the production is the weak point of this album. For the most part it sux or dosent fit slaughter house.
 Then theres the choruses..... seriously, some of the worst shit i have EVER heard. And not only that but too much of it. Even commercial rappers like Snoop dont have an album that bad.
 NO east coast style beats, no old school style beats and "my life" is possibly the worst song i have EVER heard.
 And then they back that up with "flip a bird"?????????? fuck man i actually like the beat and raps on that song but worst chorus i have EVER heard.
 Now, theres shit beats, shit down south stlye beats, and bad choruses. Thing that makes it worse, the songs with beats i actually quite liked are the ones with the shittest hooks!

In conclusion, the mix tape is better, i need to listen to this more before final judgement, Eminem should've rapped on this album ALOT more, they dont need features(except EM) but why not a Chino/Ras/Nas/etc??, beats(again), Snoop Malice in wonder  land goes harder than this, iam glad i bought deluxe edition cos some of those bonus tracks a are good.

I actually did like some songs and some beats. Crooked almost saved some of the shit songs. I feel sorry for these guys this album is destined to go down as a disappointment and will surely flop.
 Fuck needed more Eminem and even d-12 maybe lol.
 I will give it another go though.

you must hate slaughterhouse, have bland taste in music or just too close minded to appreciate the album.

:laugh:

oh lol i didnt see that last part. i was all ready to reply too.

Portugoal

« Reply #212 on: August 28, 2012, 07:14:33 AM »
Just got my copy bout to eat then listen.
 Illmatic is not overrated. IMO.

what did you eat, bro bro?

Will_B

« Reply #213 on: August 28, 2012, 09:30:06 AM »
Yes, beats are more important than lyrics and this is coming from a guy who values lyricism. Music is based around sound. An ideal album will have both.
preach.

Gotta disagree. But you're almost there fam.

Beats are equally important. But lyrics can make or break a a good beat.

Great lyrics can elevate a beat, and sometimes better beats can carry weaker lyrics (like half of Snoop shit including Doggystyle)

But yeah its a 50/50 thing.

Blood$

« Reply #214 on: August 28, 2012, 09:34:45 AM »
http://www.streetsneversleep.com/2012/08/25/docs-corner-slaughterhouse-welcome-to-our-house-review/

01. The Slaughter (Intro) – N/A
02. Our House (Feat. Eminem & Skylar Grey) – 4/5, Eminem opens with an introductory bridge, followed up by ¾ of the group welcoming listeners to “their house”, then ending with a vicious verse from Eminem.
03. Coffin (Feat. Busta Rhymes) – 4/5, Joe Budden, absent from the previous song, starts this one off before the rest of the group finishes it. Busta Rhymes sounds like Fatman Scoop on the hook, which is a good thing because it brings another level of hype and energy to the record.
04. Throw That (Feat. Eminem) – 3.5/5, A comical record that could easily offend any female audiences who were anticipating some sort of love ballad on the album.
05. Hammer Dance – 4.5/5, First single that has been out for some time now, it doesn’t sound dated whatsoever and is well placed. Raw hip-hop at its finest.
06. Get Up – 3.5/5, The production is more rock-influenced, which is good for the album in terms of the group stepping out of their boundaries and diversifying their sound.
07. My Life (Feat. Cee Lo Green) – 4/5, Second single, which has the more obvious mainstream approach with the Cee-Lo hook and trance-like beat, but the verses’ aren’t watered down, they don’t sound forced, and lyrically they aren’t too over the head for radio play. Successful crossover.
08. We Did It (Skit) – N/A
09. Flip a Bird – 4/5, Hustler music. The group reminisces life before aligning together and signing to Shady for their newly attained fame. The sample used in the beat reminds me of Pusha T’s recent track “Pies” in a way.
10. Throw It Away (Feat. Swizz Beatz) – 4/5, Third and current single off the album where Swizz Beatz provides a catchy hook, complimenting the group’s rugged and rough delivery over staggering, bouncy production.
11. Rescue Me (Feat. Skylar Grey) – 4/5, A personal record where each member depicts their own personal struggles and inner demons that coincide with fame and fortune, and how music is what ultimately rescues them.
12. Frat House – 4/5, Another pure hip-hop record nothing short of the group spitting flames, making a comparison of the rap game to a college fraternity.
13. Goodbye – 5/5, Hands down, the most introspective record on the album where Crooked I, Joe Budden, and Joell Ortiz reflect on suffering personal losses at different points in their lives. Very emotional song that serves as the album’s strongest highlight.
14. Park It Sideways – 3.5/5, Celebratory moment of the album where the group toasts to success.
15. Die – 4.5/5, I’m not sure who is on the hook as nobody is credited, but they laid it down correctly setting the tone for the MCs to murder this joint.
16. Our Way – 4/5, Solid outro for the album.

OVERALL RATING: 4/5

Will_B

« Reply #215 on: August 28, 2012, 09:36:05 AM »
http://www.streetsneversleep.com/2012/08/25/docs-corner-slaughterhouse-welcome-to-our-house-review/

01. The Slaughter (Intro) – N/A
02. Our House (Feat. Eminem & Skylar Grey) – 4/5, Eminem opens with an introductory bridge, followed up by ¾ of the group welcoming listeners to “their house”, then ending with a vicious verse from Eminem.
03. Coffin (Feat. Busta Rhymes) – 4/5, Joe Budden, absent from the previous song, starts this one off before the rest of the group finishes it. Busta Rhymes sounds like Fatman Scoop on the hook, which is a good thing because it brings another level of hype and energy to the record.
04. Throw That (Feat. Eminem) – 3.5/5, A comical record that could easily offend any female audiences who were anticipating some sort of love ballad on the album.
05. Hammer Dance – 4.5/5, First single that has been out for some time now, it doesn’t sound dated whatsoever and is well placed. Raw hip-hop at its finest.
06. Get Up – 3.5/5, The production is more rock-influenced, which is good for the album in terms of the group stepping out of their boundaries and diversifying their sound.
07. My Life (Feat. Cee Lo Green) – 4/5, Second single, which has the more obvious mainstream approach with the Cee-Lo hook and trance-like beat, but the verses’ aren’t watered down, they don’t sound forced, and lyrically they aren’t too over the head for radio play. Successful crossover.
08. We Did It (Skit) – N/A
09. Flip a Bird – 4/5, Hustler music. The group reminisces life before aligning together and signing to Shady for their newly attained fame. The sample used in the beat reminds me of Pusha T’s recent track “Pies” in a way.
10. Throw It Away (Feat. Swizz Beatz) – 4/5, Third and current single off the album where Swizz Beatz provides a catchy hook, complimenting the group’s rugged and rough delivery over staggering, bouncy production.
11. Rescue Me (Feat. Skylar Grey) – 4/5, A personal record where each member depicts their own personal struggles and inner demons that coincide with fame and fortune, and how music is what ultimately rescues them.
12. Frat House – 4/5, Another pure hip-hop record nothing short of the group spitting flames, making a comparison of the rap game to a college fraternity.
13. Goodbye – 5/5, Hands down, the most introspective record on the album where Crooked I, Joe Budden, and Joell Ortiz reflect on suffering personal losses at different points in their lives. Very emotional song that serves as the album’s strongest highlight.
14. Park It Sideways – 3.5/5, Celebratory moment of the album where the group toasts to success.
15. Die – 4.5/5, I’m not sure who is on the hook as nobody is credited, but they laid it down correctly setting the tone for the MCs to murder this joint.
16. Our Way – 4/5, Solid outro for the album.

OVERALL RATING: 4/5

4/5? GTFO

Blood$

« Reply #216 on: August 28, 2012, 09:45:06 AM »
I have an open mind to music even outside of rap unlike 99.9% of this forum so yeah that's my rating  8)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #217 on: August 28, 2012, 09:54:58 AM »
Yes, beats are more important than lyrics and this is coming from a guy who values lyricism. Music is based around sound. An ideal album will have both.
preach.

Gotta disagree. But you're almost there fam.

Beats are equally important. But lyrics can make or break a a good beat.

Great lyrics can elevate a beat, and sometimes better beats can carry weaker lyrics (like half of Snoop shit including Doggystyle)

But yeah its a 50/50 thing.

Nah beats are more important. A dope beat can carry weak lyrics (Snoop being an example). But a lyricist can't carry a wack beat. Even Nas can't save this:

Will_B

« Reply #218 on: August 28, 2012, 10:15:47 AM »
I'm definitely not saying an artist can carry a wack beat, but can elevate a good beat to something better than another rapper would have

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #219 on: August 28, 2012, 12:19:47 PM »
I'm definitely not saying an artist can carry a wack beat, but can elevate a good beat to something better than another rapper would have

That's why I said an ideal song will have both. But beats are still more important than rhymes.

Will_B

« Reply #220 on: August 28, 2012, 12:42:23 PM »
I know what you're saying but its a 51/49 thing in that case :)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #221 on: August 28, 2012, 12:52:27 PM »
I know what you're saying but its a 51/49 thing in that case :)

Not at all because lyrics are not even necessary to make a classic song. There's many examples of this. Don't know why you're still pushing this. Lets just say beats are more important than lyrics and leave it at that.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 12:54:43 PM by BG Rapsodie »

Will_B

« Reply #222 on: August 28, 2012, 01:08:29 PM »
Don't get all puckered up fam

I'm not typing with angst in my heart, I'll do some more smilies next time ;)

Classics don't automatically mean the track is some kind of masterpiece tho you're right. I totally get u.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #223 on: August 28, 2012, 07:32:17 PM »
lol @ anyone who says this album isnt lyrical. its actually very lyrical especially for a mainstream again. use your OWN ears...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #224 on: August 28, 2012, 08:41:08 PM »
lol @ anyone who says this album isnt lyrical. its actually very lyrical especially for a mainstream again. use your OWN ears...

No one said that. Pointless post.