Author Topic: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13894 times)

Will_B

Re: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #240 on: August 29, 2012, 11:37:21 PM »
coffin is teh best song but Crooked should have been given the ability to drop 2 verses  8)

You're saying they let him but Crooked hasn't got the ability?

Thought u were a fan ;)

doggfather

« Reply #241 on: August 29, 2012, 11:57:42 PM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Will_B

« Reply #242 on: August 30, 2012, 12:22:42 AM »

I'm not typing with angst in my heart,

lmao well, thats nice for a change.
we're all proud of u

Lol the only thing to EVER got me fired up on this forum is when u flipped from 'nicey nicey beggy monkey' to 'Mike the eShoe Bomber fanatic' in the space of 2 hours.

"don't be a bitch, give me those tracks or your eReputation will suffer  :'("

Eddz

« Reply #243 on: August 30, 2012, 04:29:39 AM »
Alright, I've bumped it enough, it's time.

1. The Slaughter - N/A
2. Our House - 5/5; personal favorite off the album. Alex Da Kid's drums are a little weak, but Skylar kills the hook & all verses are extremely on point, especially Eminem's which surprised me. I heard Joe had a pretty awesome verse for this; shame they cut him off.
3. Coffin - 3.5/5; Cool for a banger, beat is a little weak. They come kinda silly lyrically, but nothing stupid. I fuck with that Busta hook though.
4. Throw That - 3/5; Catchy single. Even though Em's hook is strange as fuck, shit kinda bumps. Verses are decent, but nothing really to write home about.
5. Hammer Dance - 3.5/5; At first I fucked with this joint, but it got old kinda fast to me. I feel it's a step back lyrically, little dumbed down because it was the lead single to the album. Beat knocks, but not all that great.
6. Get Up - 4.5/5; No I.D gave them a fucking joint right here. I fuck with every aspect of this song.
7. My Life - 2/5; Never cared for this song or anything about it lol. If the entire album was like this, I'd understand where some of you are coming from.
8. We Did It - N/A...but really not needed at all.
9. Flip A Bird - 4/5; I fuck with this. Smooth flowing song. Mixed well. Chrous is unique, everyone goes in.
10. Throw It Away 1/5; Worst song ever.
11. Rescue Me - 5/5; Skylar & Alex Da Kid really don't miss, in my opinion. Joe Budden stands out, but everyone just came threw on this joint. Beat just goes in the whip.
12. Frat House - 4.5/5; "The One" on steroids. I like how they all stick to the "college" theme of this & nobody gets off track. Absolutely bangs. Joe & Joell come dope as fuck with the back & forth. Royce & Crooked kill their verses.
13. Goodbye - 5/5; One of the top joints from the album. Nice to hear real deep shit from Crooked I. He needs to do it more. Joe & Joell really came through on this too. Beat had an awesome feel & the hook just compliments it so well. Arguably the best song.
14. Park It Sideways - 4/5; Feel good song. Fuck with the opera-like background vocals & the beat overall. Royce's hook comes correct & everyone just does their thing on this.
15. Die - 4.5/5; Coulda done without that little intro; they probably should of used that as the intro to the album, but whatever. The song itself is sick from top to bottom.
16. Our Way - 5/5; Royce sets the tone right off the bat. Beat is nice & dark. The message was dope as fuck.
17. Asylum - 4.5/5; Sounded like Eminem had some Dre elements on the production. Also came through with a correct hook. All went in on the verses. Another song Joe shouldn't have been left off though. Overall, very nice cut though.
18. Walk of Shame - 4/5; Should have been a single, in my opinion. Better than all the ones they chose. Cool vibe to it. Lyrically clever which made it dope for me.
19. The Other Side - 5/5; I almost don't even want to talk about this song. How this didn't make the "16 song cut" is beyond me. One of the best songs the group's ever made. Hook was dope as hell. All come correct as hell. So strange why Shady didn't push this beyond a "bonus track".
20. Place To Be - 4.5/5; BoB came through decently. Slaughterhouse went in. Beat is a little off for me, hook is on point though.

The album started off shakey, but after My Life was really good. Shady could of done without the singles they chose & used "Our House", "Walk of Shame" & "Frat House" & probably do better numbers than they will. Also cut the weakest songs off the album, making it appear stronger. But if you cut the singles they chose completely, overall it's better than the debut for me.

Also matty, hop off my dick, fam.

I think this is a pretty accurate review. The only things I'd change I'd the the singles a little higher rating especially "Hammer Dance" (which is one of my favorite tracks on the album) & I'd give "Throw That" & "Walk of Shame" a lower rating.

I hope Slaughterhouse hit number 1. Regardless if you like the album or not they deserve the number 1 spot.

doggfather

« Reply #244 on: August 30, 2012, 04:35:36 AM »

The only things I'd change I'd the the singles a little higher rating especially "Hammer Dance" (which is one of my favorite tracks on the album)

+1
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #245 on: August 30, 2012, 05:36:26 AM »
LOL @ the 60k projections... Maybe now they realize how much their album sucks

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #246 on: August 30, 2012, 08:22:07 AM »

fact that u always bring up sobbing stories about links and mp3's when u get insulted, goes to show how emotionaly tied up you are, corny geek
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:36:07 AM by Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation) »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #247 on: August 30, 2012, 08:33:56 AM »
LOL @ the 60k projections... Maybe now they realize how much their album sucks
word. that no i.d. beat is the hottest thing on the album. LOL
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

ANgry!

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #248 on: August 30, 2012, 10:20:01 AM »
if slaugterhouse is still around after this piece of shit drops...

their managers will be in a mad scramble HOPING they can get slaughter to perform on a ICP bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont think they have enough of a name to get on an ICP bill...

theyll more than likely be opening for DAS EFX in prague!!!!!!!!!!

itll be a 3 man group at that point... probably 2...

with royce leaving his boys behind to baby sit gay stroke face eminem in the studio...

and joe crying on TV in some rapper reality show on VH1 in the early AM....

jimmy is gonna sit these boys down sometime later this week and the tears will be flowing...

these losers flubbed the last big shot theyll ever get!!!!!!!!!!!

the fact they dont understand why ppl think MY LIFE is wack... shows the level of delusion youre dealing with...

crooked i thinks hes some kinda legend....

WHAT DOES CROOKED I PLAY LIVE!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

LOL @ nerds in the audience rapping along to crooked i freeestyle 4038 from hip hop weekly part 49!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spent thousands of hours in a studio for nothing

his career highs are gettting smacked by suge and flopping on eminems label!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAAAAUUUGGGHHHHTTERRSSSBLOOOOUUUUUSSSSEEEEEEEEEE

i have to reavaluate every album that sucks after hearing this...

its one of the worst albums of all time...

LOL @ all the money and time that went into this piece of shit

eminems withering away like a dead plant sweating out opiates that keep him alive mixing wack slaugterhouse records

the godfather of gangsta rap is a shut in roid freak that QUIT music to sell headphones!!!!!!!!

the whole label is dead interscope doesnt know what year it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

standout post the best parts of the album you pussy

zero hot lines just a bunch of loser fuck rappers trying to be witty saying 12 year old shit with super technical flows that suck on trash beats!!!!!!!!!

these guys had NO SHOT at commercial success... it was a bad idea from the start but jimmy listened to ELVIS and now ELVIS pays the price!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL @ splitting points 4 ways AFTER getting raped by interscope for an album that FLOPPED

these niggas really made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #249 on: August 30, 2012, 10:30:10 AM »
angry is becoming too predictable.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #250 on: August 30, 2012, 10:33:06 AM »
if slaugterhouse is still around after this piece of shit drops...

their managers will be in a mad scramble HOPING they can get slaughter to perform on a ICP bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont think they have enough of a name to get on an ICP bill...

theyll more than likely be opening for DAS EFX in prague!!!!!!!!!!

itll be a 3 man group at that point... probably 2...

with royce leaving his boys behind to baby sit gay stroke face eminem in the studio...

and joe crying on TV in some rapper reality show on VH1 in the early AM....

jimmy is gonna sit these boys down sometime later this week and the tears will be flowing...

these losers flubbed the last big shot theyll ever get!!!!!!!!!!!

the fact they dont understand why ppl think MY LIFE is wack... shows the level of delusion youre dealing with...

crooked i thinks hes some kinda legend....

WHAT DOES CROOKED I PLAY LIVE!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

LOL @ nerds in the audience rapping along to crooked i freeestyle 4038 from hip hop weekly part 49!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spent thousands of hours in a studio for nothing

his career highs are gettting smacked by suge and flopping on eminems label!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAAAAUUUGGGHHHHTTERRSSSBLOOOOUUUUUSSSSEEEEEEEEEE

i have to reavaluate every album that sucks after hearing this...

its one of the worst albums of all time...

LOL @ all the money and time that went into this piece of shit

eminems withering away like a dead plant sweating out opiates that keep him alive mixing wack slaugterhouse records

the godfather of gangsta rap is a shut in roid freak that QUIT music to sell headphones!!!!!!!!

the whole label is dead interscope doesnt know what year it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

standout post the best parts of the album you pussy

zero hot lines just a bunch of loser fuck rappers trying to be witty saying 12 year old shit with super technical flows that suck on trash beats!!!!!!!!!

these guys had NO SHOT at commercial success... it was a bad idea from the start but jimmy listened to ELVIS and now ELVIS pays the price!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL @ splitting points 4 ways AFTER getting raped by interscope for an album that FLOPPED

these niggas really made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #251 on: August 30, 2012, 10:34:33 AM »
Here's a review that's pretty accurate

http://culturevi.wordpress.com/2012/08/28/welcome-to-d12s-house-slaughterhouse-review/

"Fans of Slaughterhouse want to like their music. We’re fans. We want to see them win. They’re all relatable. I found myself trying to like certain songs that I normally wouldn’t. I think a lot of fans will be doing the same (what would a SH fan say if any other artist released Throw it Away). Most of us will be replacing songs from the album with songs from the mixtape. That’s a telltale sign."

Lucifuge

« Reply #252 on: August 30, 2012, 01:07:21 PM »
If they happy im happy as a fan. They made it. 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #253 on: August 30, 2012, 02:49:15 PM »
angry is becoming too predictable.

I literaaly scroll past every one of his posts now.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #254 on: August 30, 2012, 11:33:23 PM »
like Cham I don't realise why the "Bonus Tracks" were left as "Bonus Tracks", could of easily replaced some of the album tracks imo.

Yeah, made no sense.

60k isn't really that impressive with the Shady co-sign. Then again, they picked awful singles. Singles sell albums these days.

If they went with "Our House" featuring Eminem, it honestly & sadly enough could of gotten into that 85+ range.