Author Topic: Let us overthrow this dictatorship  (Read 233 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Let us overthrow this dictatorship
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2003, 10:00:45 AM »
As for Michael Moore, our english exam comprehension was an extract from his book, and whether or not you think he's a lunatic, he is a genious when it comes to using facts to satire a society or an adminstration. + a lot of what he says is very insightful ex. his views on gun culture and politics etc. I'm gonna try and see the film, but I think everyone should read the book with an open mind. Then if you dont like it, or think it's crazy, call him a lunatic. His points are very logical really

I haven't read his book, but I read reviews that blasted him for containing tons of factual inaccuracies and blatant lies. Like you said, his book is a good source for humor but not facts.

But anyway, why is your school using his book excerpts in your exams? It sounds like you are being indoctrinated and brainwashed with left wing ideology. No wonder you think like you do.

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2003, 10:21:49 AM »
Haha....yeah im being brainwashed by the exam papers I have to take.

::)

I must correct myself howver, it was actually an article on Michael Moore which contained exerpts from the book. Considering exam papers are based on current events, the article fitted in perfectly with the theme  of "conflicts" and the questions were based on our interpretation of the text and our own personal views on the issue.

Whether you agree with his facts or not, Moore has the right idea. He has the safety of mankind and the destruction of injustice at heart. I dont see how that can be seen as a "lunatics" vision.
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2003, 01:06:06 PM »
George Bush also has the safety of mankind and the destruction of injustice at heart.  So does Osama Bin Ladin, The Pope, & Tony Blair.  

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2003, 02:12:34 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

hahaha, very true. strange how everyone can have the same ideal yet they bitterly disagree with each other.
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2003, 02:55:23 PM »
dictatorship....I live in America and Bush makes stupid desisions but i don't live in a dictatorship...People overexagerate about America.They only talk about the bad. I do agree that our foriegn policy sucks and i wish we just kept to our own buisiness. But i would never complain about quality of living because it is what u make it.. If you wanna become a heroin addict and live on the streets thats your own choice..There is no hope for these people. What can the government do about that..nothin. Motherfuckas act like the government has to try to fix the problem...What by giving them money to try to help them,when they will spend it on drugs.. America is not all that bad. Its the ignorant people in our country that make our image bad.

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2003, 03:01:52 PM »
^^ Yeah, I hear ya on that.