Author Topic: Anti-War Protests  (Read 376 times)

ITW [the irish boy]

Anti-War Protests
« on: February 15, 2003, 12:30:04 PM »
How did they go in your countries? I heard over a million turned out in london what about america, australia, mainland europe etc?

It was unbelievable the amount of people that turned out in dublin. There are only 1million people in dublin, and 100,000 of them were on the streets today screaming for peace. I saw people from all walks of life there, I went in with my somalian friend and met up with an iraqi dude and my cousins from down the country. Ive never seen anything like this. The government here were really told how the people felt.My views on Iraq were reinforced by this, only the current party in power here werent represnented in speechs. There were nuclear experts, priests and american and un former officials speaking. Hopefully george bush and tony blair will have taken note of the international demonstrations. What happened in your countries + did yiz support it?

SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

TheSheriff

Re:Anti-War Protests
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2003, 12:32:30 PM »
There around 400k in London. 1m is what they're claiming, but as they all fit into Hyde Park, etc... ::)

Woodrow

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2003, 02:03:33 PM »
Tony Blair made a great point in a speech he made today:

"If 500,000 people are on the march, that is less than the number of deaths Saddam is responsible for. If one million people are on the march, that is still less than the number of people who died in wars that he started..."

keep that in mind when you are watching the protests and think of what Saddam could do with weapons of mass destruction...

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2003, 02:20:29 PM »
Tony Blair made a great point in a speech he made today:

"If 500,000 people are on the march, that is less than the number of deaths Saddam is responsible for. If one million people are on the march, that is still less than the number of people who died in wars that he started..."

keep that in mind when you are watching the protests and think of what Saddam could do with weapons of mass destruction...

But of course these idiots don't protest Saddam Hussein. They want brutal, oppressive dictators to remain in power.

Kaidy

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2003, 02:25:23 PM »
yea nice factoid engel, i wonder if that counts all the people the allied forces slaughtered in the gulf war.

Organisers said nearly 2 million people protested in england today.  yet Mr Blair aka Mrs Bush still wants to do it, who's the real dictator here?

**edited this, i got my numbers all wrong. apologies**
« Last Edit: February 15, 2003, 03:17:40 PM by Kaidy »

Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2003, 02:31:18 PM »
69% of America supports military action in Iraq...

TheSheriff

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2003, 02:54:14 PM »
Organisers said nearly 2 million people protested in england today. thats almost a third of our population.

a) The organizers are hardly unbias.

b) Surely you mean 20m? Otherwise, the UK has 6m people in it. And I seriously doubt 20m people marched. That would mean the entire adult working population marched, virtually. I laugh at that idea.

closetothalimit

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2003, 03:00:27 PM »
the anti-war protests have gotten pretty big here in australia, there was one in melbourne yesterday that attracted hundreds of thousands and there is one in sydney today

i might go to one in my town but it will be pretty small

Kaidy

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2003, 03:19:22 PM »
yea my bad owen i got the numbers way wrong lol. anyway, point remains, a lot of people are against war and Blair has no respect for them.

Engel where did u get that figure homie? that seems really high

Woodrow

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2003, 03:33:37 PM »
fox news, but it's just 67%...

"According to the latest FOX News poll, conducted by Opinion Dynamics Corporation, two-thirds of Americans (67 percent) support U.S. military action against Iraq -- the same level of support as before the president's State of the Union address on Tuesday evening.  Among "hawks," that support climbs to 83 percent, and even among "doves" a majority still supports ousting Saddam (52 percent)."

"Overall, fully 87 percent of Americans believe Iraq is deceiving inspectors by hiding chemical and biological or other weapons of mass destruction, and almost as many (81 percent) believe Saddam has ties to the Al Qaeda terrorist group."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,77202,00.html
« Last Edit: February 15, 2003, 03:36:33 PM by Engel-Rock AKA Dances With Bitch »

min0rity

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2003, 08:45:52 PM »
in korea, i don't know about protests concerning the war against iraq but i do know we are rioting towards americans(fire bombs)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2003, 08:59:06 PM »
in korea, i don't know about protests concerning the war against iraq but i do know we are rioting towards americans(fire bombs)

I saw pro US demonstrations in Korea on tv recently.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2003, 02:58:39 AM »
yeah here in germany we had huge demonstratios too... i wanted to go to one but i overslept.. i heard nearly half a million people were out on the streets here in hamburg

closetothalimit

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2003, 03:37:49 AM »
the protests got around 300 thousand people in sydney and about 6 million world wide

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2003, 05:17:15 AM »
400k?? in london?? Sky News was aying police estimates were that well in excess of 3/4 of a million were at it. Thats strange.

Anyway Engel, like Kaidy said, the majority of deaths in Iraq over the last 12 years have been as a result of UN sanctions which prevent medical supplies etc. Surely Blair at least must realise that the majority of the world is against him. I doubt Bush will take any notice, coz his presidency is based on this war, though america and britain are becoming increasingly isolated and judging from yesterdays protests, the publics power in places like ireland could remove strategic strongholds for the likes of refueling etc. Maybe we will see some lives saved as a result of this.

Make no mistake, we want saddam disarmed, but killing thousands and thousands of civilians will not accomplish this. The ONLY way to achieve this is diplomacy and negotiations.
One of the american speakers said the peace alliance in america had served impeachment procedings against bush, cheney and rumsfield for crimes against humanity and peace in afganistan. Has anyone heard anything about this?
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK