Author Topic: How Do You Cook Your Steak?  (Read 2475 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
How Do You Cook Your Steak?
« on: August 08, 2012, 10:03:31 AM »
do you marinate? if so what marination?

seasoning? what seasonings? how long do you cook it for? do you burn it on the outsides and rare/medium rare on the inside?

or are you one of the well done guys (lol no knock, people have their preferences but meatlovers consider it a waste)

i usually just put salt and pepper and grill it on charcoal, if i had steak recently and having it again, ill prob put some lawrys or montreals steak seasoning

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Hack Wilson - real

Re: How Do You Cook Your Steak?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 10:05:45 AM »
you def need seasoning

i use grill mates "sweet and spicey"

marinating is over rated though

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 11:03:12 AM »
depending on the steak... on a sirloin i could really give a shit but on a ribeye or new york strip i marinate it with a lil zesty italian sauce on one side throw some steak seasoning and a tad bit of garlic powder on it and cook all my steaks medium, on Tbones and Porterhouses i just put steak seasoning with a bit of lemon pepper when its almost done to give it a lil more juice to it

when i make beef fajitas i marinate that shit in soy sauce, lemons, and fajita seasoning, for about 4 hours before the grill then throw some lemon pepper on there before i get it on the grill and just incase if they start getting dry i throw a lil lemon butter on it but not too much cus it will delude the seasoning and taste too lemony
as i tried that recipe more i learned to ease up on the marinate cus i dont want it too salty or lemony so i got to the point where its just right
The West is Back

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 11:32:10 AM »
depending on the steak... on a sirloin i could really give a shit but on a ribeye or new york strip i marinate it with a lil zesty italian sauce on one side throw some steak seasoning and a tad bit of garlic powder on it and cook all my steaks medium, on Tbones and Porterhouses i just put steak seasoning with a bit of lemon pepper when its almost done to give it a lil more juice to it

when i make beef fajitas i marinate that shit in soy sauce, lemons, and fajita seasoning, for about 4 hours before the grill then throw some lemon pepper on there before i get it on the grill and just incase if they start getting dry i throw a lil lemon butter on it but not too much cus it will delude the seasoning and taste too lemony
as i tried that recipe more i learned to ease up on the marinate cus i dont want it too salty or lemony so i got to the point where its just right

What type of beef do u use for fajitas? Sounds bomb and easy to make I wanna try it, gonna use ur marination recipe, when u grill it on the grill u use tin foil? And for veggies u use bell peppers and onions?

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 11:42:11 AM »
just regular HEB fajitas...
i dont use foil anymore but you can it doesnt hurt i just dont cus it catches on fire sometimes and is a big hassle cleaning it up

i dont use peppers, bell peppers or onion only when i cook brisket i throw all that shit on there and cook that bitch medium/medium well and man its fuckin bomb

shit i know Cali niggas can BBQ but down here in Texas we take hella pride in that shit, when i go to my boys house they dont let me touch the grill or there food and same here when they come over to my house, everyone likes there shit different and everyone likes to do all the cooking, alot of pride in it
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 11:48:41 AM by Dat Boy A.G »
The West is Back

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 11:45:24 AM »
i also make some bomb jalepenos wraps, i get top price bacon wrap it around shrimp,half a jalepeno (i use the canned jalepenos) cream cheese, then stab a toothpick threw that bitch

then i do the same but instead of shrimp i put a slice of beef fajitas and cook it about medium (the fajita) or well done

and i also make them with chicken fajita too, you gotta try that shit man its bomb
The West is Back

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 11:47:02 AM »
also when you cook those you gotta put it on the top grill for a while like your warming up tortillas cus if your throw them right on the fire they catch on fire like crazy and ruin the cream cheese and could burn the bacon

so wait until the fire dies down and the coals or mesquite is just right then throw those hoes on there and let them sit and cook just right, i swear man the shrimp ones are my favorite but they all taste good, you could use foil for those too if you like
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:27:23 PM by Dat Boy A.G »
The West is Back

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 11:54:24 AM »
lemon juice real garlic cracked peppercorns you gotta massage and beat the steak up a lil bit to push the peppercorns into it ( no homo) then marinate it for anywhere from a few hours to over nite

let the steak get room temperature before you cook it, if cooking indoors use cast iron steel if possible

this is preferably for a ny strip but will work for all steaks other cuts may require a lil tenderizer....if you do what i said i promise you world class steak.

never refute the word of a fat nigga when it comes to maters of food.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 11:56:38 AM »
that particular method makes incredible lemon pepper chicken too.

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 12:05:07 PM »
Rare.

Marinated 24 Hours in garlic, Worcestershire, pepper.

Throw some butter on that bitch after you take it off the grill, wrap it in tin foil and let that motherfucker sit for 5 minutes or so....

Accompany with a gin martini.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 12:05:14 PM »
that particular method makes incredible lemon pepper chicken too.

when i make chicken breast, chicken fajitas, and chicken strips i marinate it out of the thickest italian dressing i can find (cus it absorbs it and keeps the chicken moist and juicy even after the grill) throw hella lemons on it then when its done marinatiing before i throw it on the grill i put a shitload of lemon pepper on it and after its off the girll its juice and people tell me it taste like the lemon pepper from wing stop... thats my lil method for chicken (except with legs and thighs)
The West is Back

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 12:08:08 PM »
i also make some bomb jalepenos wraps, i get top price bacon wrap it around shrimp,half a jalepeno (i use the canned jalepenos) cream cheese, then stab a toothpick threw that bitch

then i do the same but instead of shrimp i put a slice of beef fajitas and cook it about medium (the fajita) or well done

and i also make them with chicken fajita too, you gotta try that shit man its bomb

lol next time u cook those take a pic with your phone and post it. cuz is it a picked jalepeno? and since its half im assuming u get the whole ones and cut it on half? stick creemcheese ont here and wrap the shrimp on topw ith bacon? shit sounds fucking bomb.

and i told ya'll i went to houston and dallas, cali niggas dont got shit on texas BBQ. but  i never had homemade texas bbq, it was always from a local joint or papadeuxs

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 12:23:47 PM »
this is all you need  bro

and cut it in half long ways...

ill post pics next time i make them for sure
The West is Back

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 12:25:18 PM »
Thanks for the shrimp wrap idea man. I am doing that tonight.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 12:45:58 PM »
ag what is it with you and italian dressing son?

shit dont go on everything, u work at olive garden fam?

the shrimp wrap sounds ill though.