Author Topic: How Do You Cook Your Steak?  (Read 2518 times)

TRG BoyZ

• Lil Geezy
Re: How Do You Cook Your Steak?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 02:05:20 PM »
he aint bout that life
smh

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 02:10:39 PM »
Listen to the grill master

Don't put shit else on a nice steak but, a little olive oil, good amount of Kosher salt (yes NIK) and good amount of fresh cracked pepper.  Let the steak come to room temp before going on the grill.  Get your grill as hot as possible.  Spray a little pam, or olive oil on the grill so your meats dont stick.  Careful though that shits will flame up.  Throw meats on that bitch for a quick sear on both sides 30-45 seconds.  Don't be scared of the flames and smoke.  Then, pull steaks off for about 15 minuted and cool down grill to good cooking temp @400.  Put steaks back on after 15 mins for about 3-5 mins per side depending on thickness and cut of meat.  Don't flip the shit out of the meats.  Let it chill, and don't keep checking that shit either.  Pull the bitches when they get to about 220 measure with a therm, and dont keep poking.  Put on a plate, cover with foil and let them rest for about 5 mins.  Easy.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 02:21:43 PM by Ghost O'Reily »

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 02:11:42 PM »
that particular method makes incredible lemon pepper chicken too.

when i make chicken breast, chicken fajitas, and chicken strips i marinate it out of the thickest italian dressing i can find (cus it absorbs it and keeps the chicken moist and juicy even after the grill) throw hella lemons on it then when its done marinatiing before i throw it on the grill i put a shitload of lemon pepper on it and after its off the girll its juice and people tell me it taste like the lemon pepper from wing stop... thats my lil method for chicken (except with legs and thighs)

Ag knows whats up.  Dressing is extra good on chicken.

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 02:13:16 PM »

Don't put shit else on a nice steak but, a little olive oil, good amount of Kosher salt (yes NIK) and good amount of fresh cracked pepper.  Let the steak come to room temp before going on the grill.  Get your grill as hot as possible.  Spray a little pam, or olive oil on the grill so you meats dont stick.  Careful though that shits will flame up.  Throw meats on that bitch for a quick sear on both sides 30-45 seconds.  Don't be scared of the flames and smoke.  Then, pull steaks off for about 15 minuted and cool down grill to good cooking temp @400.  Put steaks back on after 15 mins for about 3-5 mins per side depending on thickness and cut of meat.  don't flip the shit out of the meats.  Let is chill, and don't keep checking that shit either.  Pull the bitches when the get to about 220 measure with a therm, and dont keep poking.  and put on a plate, cover with foil and let them rest for about 5 mins.  Easy.

Olive oil has a low smoke point and will kill the flavors. Use canola or another type.

Salting prior to cooking dries out the meat. Save it for after the steaks are done.

a little red dot on your new york hat

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 02:14:01 PM »

Don't put shit else on a nice steak but, a little olive oil, good amount of Kosher salt (yes NIK) and good amount of fresh cracked pepper.

I agree with the grill master up until this point but I'll just cook it for a very short time on a fying pan. Leave it nice and raw... And maybe use butter instead of olive oil.

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 02:15:00 PM »

Don't put shit else on a nice steak but, a little olive oil, good amount of Kosher salt (yes NIK) and good amount of fresh cracked pepper.

I agree with the grill master up until this point but I'll just cook it for a very short time on a fying pan. Leave it nice and raw... And maybe use butter instead of olive oil.

ROFL that was my first point!  You only agree that I am the grill master then;)

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 02:16:40 PM »

Don't put shit else on a nice steak but, a little olive oil, good amount of Kosher salt (yes NIK) and good amount of fresh cracked pepper.  Let the steak come to room temp before going on the grill.  Get your grill as hot as possible.  Spray a little pam, or olive oil on the grill so you meats dont stick.  Careful though that shits will flame up.  Throw meats on that bitch for a quick sear on both sides 30-45 seconds.  Don't be scared of the flames and smoke.  Then, pull steaks off for about 15 minuted and cool down grill to good cooking temp @400.  Put steaks back on after 15 mins for about 3-5 mins per side depending on thickness and cut of meat.  don't flip the shit out of the meats.  Let is chill, and don't keep checking that shit either.  Pull the bitches when the get to about 220 measure with a therm, and dont keep poking.  and put on a plate, cover with foil and let them rest for about 5 mins.  Easy.

Olive oil has a low smoke point and will kill the flavors. Use canola or another type.

Salting prior to cooking dries out the meat. Save it for after the steaks are done.

I've never noticed it killing the flavor.  I will look into that though.  I season my steaks right before they go on the grill so no worries about drying it out.

a little red dot on your new york hat

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 02:17:17 PM »

ROFL that was my first point!  You only agree that I am the grill master then;)

LOL well that and the no marinade thing, just some salt and pepper..

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 02:18:30 PM »

let the steak get room temperature before you cook it, if cooking indoors use cast iron steel if possible

Room temp is key.  Good advice.  Lots of folks get scared and pull the meats right out of the fridge.  No bueno and hard to get doneness right.  I really noticed my grill game going to the next level after getting a thermapen.  If you grill it's a must have.

Nate Dogg's Rotting Corpse.

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 02:21:34 PM »
Heed my words young people, add some vegetables to your diet or you will suffer from a multitude of health problems later like I did.
Yes it is me, rapper/singer Nate Dogg. I am communicating with you from beyond the grave using this forum as a medium. Heed my words.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2012, 03:07:25 PM »

at vegas when we got the 160 dollar steak they put olive oil over the steaks after they cut it up for us

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 06:59:28 PM »
made them poppers

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2012, 07:31:45 PM »
^never seen that?

Intersting that this thread got bumped. On sunday i had one of the best steaks that i have ever had! Best steak i've had in a long long time. Was a 350g porterhouse, medium rare of course. man it was cooked to perfection. So juicy and an awesome smoky flavour.  Was served with chips, salad and onion rings.
 Had a three cheese plate appetiser first. Consisted of pita bread/crackers, three cheeses, thinly sliced pear, one strawberry, a blob of jam on a big plate. All the cheeses were nice.
 The place was expensive but its just a pub and the steak was way better than more expensive steaks i've had including ones i've had at actual steak houses.
  The coolest thing is we ended up at this place because of circumstance. It was one of those days where the plans kept changing and some places we were gonna go were closed. Cool when shit works out like that.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2012, 09:32:53 PM »
Dogg I made the poppers today too for labor day... how'd you like them
The West is Back

Sikotic™

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2012, 10:39:07 PM »
Made me some khorovats today (armo BBQ)

Stuffed like muthafuckas.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE