Author Topic: The Real Issue, Volume 1: Lebanon  (Read 127 times)

TheSheriff

The Real Issue, Volume 1: Lebanon
« on: February 15, 2003, 06:25:51 PM »
This series is gonna be me droppin thoughts on various issues the general media ignore.

Firstly, Lebanon. Lebanon has been occupied by Syria...for a long time, put it that way. There was a democratically elected government, but the Syrians replaced it with a plutocracy. Israel has several times invaded Lebanon in an attempt to destroy the sphere of authority of Syria.

Over 20,000 Lebanese civilians, it is estimated, have died in the last ten years. Currently, the democratic government leads a group of Resistance Fighters. These are not, I repeat, NOT, the Phalanx. The Resistance fights open battles with the Syrians.

It consists of both Christians and Muslims. Polls show, conclusively, that the vast majority of people in Lebanon support the Resistance. However, the UN doesn't make a big fuss about it-though there are 40 something resolutions in effect condemning the occupation.

However, one thing working against the Lebanese is the Phalanx. A group of "Christian" terrorists, these guys lost the Lebenese Israel's support.

The Resistance-held main towns are: Eden, Gilead, David's Victory, Yahweh, New Canaan, and portions of Beirut and Tripoli

Peace

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re:The Real Issue, Volume 1: Lebanon
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 12:16:31 AM »
 i sure as hell hope Lebanon can overthrow all foreign armies and rebuild itself. It was a beautiful country.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll