Author Topic: Anti-War Protests  (Read 378 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Anti-War Protests
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2003, 09:49:43 AM »
Make no mistake, we want saddam disarmed, but killing thousands and thousands of civilians will not accomplish this. The ONLY way to achieve this is diplomacy and negotiations.

Sadaam does not just need to be disarmed, he needs to be removed, and that is only going to happen through war.

One of the american speakers said the peace alliance in america had served impeachment procedings against bush, cheney and rumsfield for crimes against humanity and peace in afganistan. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Yeah, that is really going to happen. And for what reason?

Bush should be given an award for freeing Afghanistan.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2003, 09:51:14 AM by CWalker187 »

min0rity

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2003, 10:57:38 AM »
in korea, i don't know about protests concerning the war against iraq but i do know we are rioting towards americans(fire bombs)

I saw pro US demonstrations in Korea on tv recently.

LMAO..where???

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2003, 07:40:22 PM »
Somebody explain to me, if everybody DOESNT want bush to go to war, then how is going to war going to help his re-election?  Yall contradict yourselves constantly.  Which one is it? Do people want war, or not? If they don't, and he goes to war, then won't he not get re-elected?  Yall are full of crap.  

closetothalimit

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2003, 09:25:02 PM »

But of course these idiots don't protest Saddam Hussein. They want brutal, oppressive dictators to remain in power.

well we really have no right to tell another nation how to run itself politically, if saddam hussian is the leader of a nation who are we to remove him? it should happen through revolution if he isnt doing his job

Sadaam does not just need to be disarmed, he needs to be removed, and that is only going to happen through war.

Bush should be given an award for freeing Afghanistan.

the only reason to remove a nation's leader is to stop them from invading other nations or because the leader is exterminating citizens e.g. hitler.

its like the vietnam war all over again and i was proud to be part of the protests - there is never a need for war - there is never a need for people to die.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2003, 09:29:18 PM by Rain »

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2003, 09:27:56 PM »
*Sigh.  In 91 Iraq invaded Kuwait, so we came to Kuwait's defense.  Iraq recently has been found supporting al queada, who recently bombed the u.s.  Of course Iraq is an enemy.  On top of that, When Iraq agreed to peace in 91, they agreed to certain concessions.  They've went back on those agreements, for several years, now, so the peace agreement is void.  

closetothalimit

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2003, 09:35:25 PM »
*Sigh.  In 91 Iraq invaded Kuwait, so we came to Kuwait's defense.  Iraq recently has been found supporting al queada, who recently bombed the u.s.  Of course Iraq is an enemy.  On top of that, When Iraq agreed to peace in 91, they agreed to certain concessions.  They've went back on those agreements, for several years, now, so the peace agreement is void.  

yeah and the invasion was stopped not long after without having to remove saddam then - iraq isnt invading anyone at the moment - and who gives a fuck if they have gone back on those agreements - there is no reason why the dont have the right to - and besides peace agreements are often unfair to the nation that lost the war.

and america supported the taliban in their war against the soviet union...they even gave them the weapons they used to support the terrorists.

how can u support war? it all it results in is poverty and civillians deaths - if america only investigated  saddam - isnt very possible they could of got closer to the al queada instead of worrying about saddam so much.  it should be treated as an investigation, not a threat of war.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2003, 09:36:46 PM by Rain »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2003, 12:11:46 AM »
^ lol@ al qaeda/saddam connection
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2003, 09:06:29 AM »

Since when has there been a link between Al 'Quiada and Iraq? Al 'Quiada hate Saddam Hussein as firstly Iraq is not a Muslim state (in fact there was no government link to Islam until the gulf war when Saddam used it to get the Muslim states on his side) and he does not share the same fundamentalist beliefs as Al 'Quiada, believe it or not they want him dead nearly as much as they want you dead Trauma. I do think that Saddam should be kicked out of power and put on trial for war crimes in the Hague, however do i think America should be going after him this early on in their War on Terrorism? No.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...