Author Topic: Does the idea that you can't live forever bother you?  (Read 1793 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Does the idea that you can't live forever bother you?
« on: August 14, 2012, 02:02:19 AM »
?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Does the idea that you can't live forever bother you?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 07:42:55 AM »
No, it's kind of relieving. When I die I told my wife, you can have a funeral but I don't want to be buried, I want my ashes spread, I don't want my name on any plaque and only through people do I want to be remembered. I think the greatest gift about death is that you can into this world and you touched peoples lives and then you are forgotten. I look forward to being forgotten. It's weird but it's a bit freeing for me. To know that I have touched people and lives already, and then they do the same to other but at the end of the day I'm gone and forgotten and there are people that my life had effected. I think that's cool, at least to me.

MistaNova

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 10:15:11 AM »
Not really.
While it would be interesting to see how much the world can change in 100 years, if I'm only getting older but have to keep on living that's got to be a real pain in the ass.
Plus I don't want to be alive when the sun destroys earth.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 06:00:52 PM »
I just wanna be rich forever

2euce 7even

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 09:59:57 PM »
Not At All, We All Share The Same Destiny.

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 08:10:56 AM »
IT'S GOD'S CHOICE

BUT IT DOESNT BOTHER ME, AS LONG AS I ACCOMPLISH ENOUGH IN MY TIME HERE.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 12:53:41 AM by NIKCC »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 12:15:02 AM »
My only thing is that it's a contradiction within oneself.  Because a person may struggle to survive their whole life (except in the West where you can live off welfare and the fat of the land, but that's another subject) yet their supposed to also recognize that they must die and accept that.  Feel me?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 12:17:25 AM »
i'm an highlander so i dont have to worry about that

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 12:40:12 AM »
 It dosent bother me because of ageing. i personally dont want to live to be really old. Life fast die young, i get that. But i guess at teh same time ghetting older your tastes change and you enjoy other things and relaxing, etc.
 But i mean theres nothing we can do about it, lifes hard but as mentioned you need to enjoy it and achieve something while you can but really to me life is all about being young.
 I just think life is all about being young and the youth. I cant except getting old. so if i could have eternal youth i would like to live forever but being old and useless dosent appaeal to me.
 But yeah the world is going to get worse before it gets better and i dont see a particularly bright near future and i feel sorry for the kids now.
 But yeah also as mentioned i wish i could live longer to see the developments of future technology.
 I guess if you do well in life you can be comfortable in the older years and die happy but having to work until 65 and being a grandpa kind of sounds worse than death. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 05:02:14 PM »
I'm not gonna die. I'm on my Ray Kurzweil shit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 05:11:52 PM »
Even if granted eternal youth with immortality, you still wouldn't be able to hold up. Imagine in a million years everything you've experienced and having to store all that in your brain. You won't be able to keep up mentally and you will eventually go insane.

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 05:32:18 PM »
Even if granted eternal youth with immortality, you still wouldn't be able to hold up. Imagine in a million years everything you've experienced and having to store all that in your brain. You won't be able to keep up mentally and you will eventually go insane.
We have more access to information today then any of our ancestors and we're doing okay so far. Besides, whose to say that we won't have computer technology installed within us to process the multitude of information and experiences? I'm not saying anything crazy since that kind of technology is being developed.

The singularity is upon us, gentlemen.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 10:29:29 PM »
True though iam 31 and already going insane.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 11:21:34 PM »
I don't believe this is the only life we have, I think we are in about 3rd grade in the grand scheme of things. I think you reincarnate on this bitch until you learn to respect yourself and others. Then you graduate on to some much cooler shit. But you have to prove you can handle the responsibility.

There are literally 1000's of testimonials from people that have near death experiences, and many are very similar. Intersting stuff.

You're a soul with a body, not a body with a soul.

Hood Crawler

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 11:49:03 AM »
I think knowing that I am not living forever actually makes me live my life better.  Knowing life is "short" or could end or change at any moment pushes me to live without regret, reach goals and live for now.