Author Topic: Nas accused of having album ghost-written by Jay Electronica and Stic.man  (Read 1967 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Jay Electronica ghostwrote this tweet.

it's all good, i ghostlistened to Nastradamus. and guess what, Nas is still in my top 3. Yeezy too. Sue me.

kanye in his top 3?

i hope someone shoots him in the head for thinking that
LOL
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Mak_Corleone

Maybe Jay Electronica & stic.man gave Nas some good ideas, cuz Untitled sounds just like he wrote himself. Nas alwayz been that type of guy who can make political songs like that. Untitled is a classic 2 me, FUCKING DOPE ASS ALBUM!

rayallen0

it's all good, i ghostlistened to Nastradamus. and guess what, Nas is still in my top 3. Yeezy too. Sue me.

kanye in his top 3?

Lol you are the prime example of someone stuck in the 90's with mediocre at best rappers who rap about the same shit. but being a real Maine thug I can understand you relating to every california gangsta & horrorcore rapper ever.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.10183/title.mf-doom-allegedly-puts-on-another-fake-show

Both jay & stic.man say this is complete bullshit. Bitches always looking for attention
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 12:25:17 AM by rayallen0 »

Will_B

according to dream hampton (who's very credible) says she heard at least 6 references jay electronica did for nas. smarten up nas !!!!!!!!

Yeah is this whole tracks or concepts, bridges, hooks etc.

Nas proved on God's Son he ain't great at putting a whole album together on his lonely

I THOUGHT GODS SON WAS A GOOD ALBUM
album was sick  8)

Lyrics are dope but production is off IMO

It's still a 7/10 to me, but its the weakest of his later albums I've got

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

according to dream hampton (who's very credible) says she heard at least 6 references jay electronica did for nas. smarten up nas !!!!!!!!

Nas proved on God's Son he ain't great at putting a whole album together on his lonely

smh, he proved waht? i take it Nas is a new expericene for u or somethin.
"illmatic" is the best hiphop-album of all tiem, n he created teh album on his lonely, no guestverses whatsoever (except for AZ). maybe u should lsiten to it

Will_B

"illmatic" is the best hiphop-album of all tiem, n he created teh album on his lonely, no guestverses whatsoever

Really? Nas is a solo artist?!

I meant as Executive Producer, nothing about guest verses.

The beats on God's Son are pedictable mainstream, and a lot of it sounds off beat...like your opinions

bouli77

not surprising and not astounding imo... there are even rumors of shakespeare not having written some of what he's famous for. my point is that even if you're the greatest lyricist, it doesn't mean that you can't have (ghost)writers at some point. inspiration may run dry or you may think that on a certain topic other proficient lyricists are fit for the job. the only thing i don't like about ghostwriting is the ghost part. rappers should be man enough to acknowledge publicly who did what. if it is true (it seems highly credible given the people who spoke on it), nas should have come clean about it, it wouldn't have tarnished his reputation.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
That's awkward.

i dont know if Nas ever used ghostwriters. thsis is the same guy that ghostwrote for Will Smith, why would he use ghostwriters, if he penned verses for other artists?

i mean if ur a working hiphop-mogul like, say - Snoop or Diddy, ultimately u gona need help from the outside, cuz u can't fit everythin inside ur working-schedule as an entertainer,, but Nas was always a dedicated wordsmith. not sayin its impossible tho

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't

i dont know if Nas ever used ghostwriters. thsis is the same guy that ghostwrote for Will Smith, why would he use ghostwriters, if he penned verses for other artists?

i mean if ur a working hiphop-mogul like, say - Snoop or Diddy, ultimately u gona need help from the outside, cuz u can't fit everythin inside ur working-schedule as an entertainer,, but Nas was always a dedicated wordsmith. not sayin its impossible tho
cormega confirmed writing nas verse on 'affirmative action' in the xxl mag(october 2001).
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

cormega confirmed writing nas verse on 'affirmative action' in the xxl mag(october 2001).

okay i didnt know that

not surprising and not astounding imo... there are even rumors of shakespeare not having written some of what he's famous for.

wow

Hack Wilson - real

kanye in his top 3?

Lol you are the prime example of someone stuck in the 90's with mediocre at best rappers who rap about the same shit. but being a real Maine thug I can understand you relating to every california gangsta & horrorcore rapper ever.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.10183/title.mf-doom-allegedly-puts-on-another-fake-show

Both jay & stic.man say this is complete bullshit. Bitches always looking for attention

oh ray ray is on her period?

kanye sucks ass.

rayallen0

kanye in his top 3?

oh ray ray is on her period?

kanye sucks ass.

How dare you

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!

kanye in his top 3?

Yup rumours been rebuked, Dream Hampton on some bullshit.

Ayo William "God's Son" is hella dope, "Heaven", "Get Down", "Book Of Rhymes", "Last Real Nigga Alive', "Made You Look", I could go on. "Hey Nas" was weak but other than that which joints weren't you feeling? Maybe "Street's Disciple" would have been a better example. MC Serch was heavily involved in "Illmatic" and Trackmasters with "It Was Written" which is my favourite Nas album. Every artist needs a strong Executive Producer in my opinion.

shit, MF Doom has ghost PERFORMERS.

???

"illmatic" is the best hiphop-album of all tiem, n he created teh album on his lonely, no guestverses whatsoever

I meant as Executive Producer, nothing about guest verses.

fail.
"untitled", "streets discsiple" and "hiphop is dead" were also exec produced by Nas, and those albums were great as well.

the quality in his  lyrics/hooks/bridges which he writes ,, doesnt diminish just becuz he serves as the executive producer of his own albums gtfoh.