Author Topic: Nas accused of having album ghost-written by Jay Electronica and Stic.man  (Read 1965 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

Nas proved on God's Son he ain't great at putting a whole album together on his lonely

God's Son is arguably the greatest rap album of all time.  So what the fuck are you talking about?   That album was epic.

...I always thought "The Cross" was written by Eminem.  I mean, Eminem produced it, and if you listen to the way Nas rapped on it, it sounds like he's trying to do a voiceover of something Em pre-recorded for him.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

dont think he wrote it. i didnt like "the cross", but its alright - Nas failed wit the song more than Em did wit the beat tho imo.
Em was disapointed it in as well, he said the beats he sent to Nas were rushed due to schedules wit the release date of "gods son".

Nas proved on God's Son he ain't great at putting a whole album together on his lonely

God's Son is arguably the greatest rap album of all time.

wow

rayallen0

Already posted link. Just google fake mf doom performers

rayallen0

dont think he wrote it. i didnt like "the cross", but its alright - Nas failed wit the song more than Em did wit the beat tho imo.
Em was disapointed it in as well, he said the beats he sent to Nas were rushed due to schedules wit the release date of "gods son".

wow

Brian oncenagain proving he cant differentiate his own opinion and the general consensus of an album, love snobs who dont understand a different kind of music is enjoyable for everybody.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I definitely hear the Eminem flow on "The Cross". It was Em's beat though; very similar to what he uses. Sometimes beats are made for certain flows. Plus when God's Son came out Eminem was the biggest name in rap already. So why not duplicate massive success?

Remedy360

wow

Will_B

Jay Electronica ghostwrote this tweet.

it's all good, i ghostlistened to Nastradamus. and guess what, Nas is still in my top 3. Yeezy too. Sue me.

kanye in his top 3?

i hope someone shoots him in the head for thinking that
Lol you are the prime example of someone stuck in the 90's with mediocre at best rappers who rap about the same shit. but being a real Maine thug I can understand you relating to every california gangsta & horrorcore rapper ever.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.10183/title.mf-doom-allegedly-puts-on-another-fake-show

Both jay & stic.man say this is complete bullshit. Bitches always looking for attention

Yup rumours been rebuked, Dream Hampton on some bullshit.

Ayo William "God's Son" is hella dope, "Heaven", "Get Down", "Book Of Rhymes", "Last Real Nigga Alive', "Made You Look", I could go on. "Hey Nas" was weak but other than that which joints weren't you feeling? Maybe "Street's Disciple" would have been a better example. MC Serch was heavily involved in "Illmatic" and Trackmasters with "It Was Written" which is my favourite Nas album. Every artist needs a strong Executive Producer in my opinion.

Exactly. God's Son is full of dope tracks lyrically (tho not Nas at his best) but its quite an average sounding album overall. I see u put Heaven first, I agree its the best track on there. The album starts with an Eminem produced track which a is corny sign of the times (and Nas sounds off beat, or like the beat was put to the track later on). Its got an 'industry' feel to the sound over all - regarding the beat selection, sequencing, and the 'post 2001' trademark beats. Too obvious/forced. I didn't say it was a terrible album, far from it.. but for a Nas album its unremarkable as a whole. It's a 7/10 for me.

fail.
"untitled", "streets discsiple" and "hiphop is dead" were also exec produced by Nas, and those albums were great as well.

the quality in his  lyrics/hooks/bridges which he writes ,, doesnt diminish just becuz he serves as the executive producer of his own albums gtfoh.

"Fail" Are you 9?

You should really read before you post. You're totally off mark...again. I said Nas's verses were decent. it's down to production, beat selection/sequencing.

I'll give you the courtesy of a reply, God's Son came out before any of those. Simple that. ::)

Hack Wilson - real

God's Son is arguably the greatest rap album of all time.  So what the fuck are you talking about?   That album was epic.

...I always thought "The Cross" was written by Eminem.  I mean, Eminem produced it, and if you listen to the way Nas rapped on it, it sounds like he's trying to do a voiceover of something Em pre-recorded for him.

god's son is pretty over rated

when people think of Nas it's gonna be for his 90s work point blank

Will_B

god's son is pretty over rated

when people think of Nas it's gonna be for his 90s work point blank

I feel u, but Untitled is a great album. He's an artist who's album discography is well worth exploring, and he still delivers today... even a 'lesser' Nas album has merit 

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
SO !.....jay-z is co-dependent and knows that if he releases a album without Kanye he is gonna fall to dudes shadow thats why he pointed out that Em needs dre.....fuck Jay-Z play possum again while the game writes your next mixtape or i mean album...

life is good CLASSIC 8)
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

Jimmy H.

i dont know if Nas ever used ghostwriters. thsis is the same guy that ghostwrote for Will Smith, why would he use ghostwriters, if he penned verses for other artists?

i mean if ur a working hiphop-mogul like, say - Snoop or Diddy, ultimately u gona need help from the outside, cuz u can't fit everythin inside ur working-schedule as an entertainer,, but Nas was always a dedicated wordsmith. not sayin its impossible tho
Not to say that Nas does use one but as far as why he would. Simple. Rap is a business. Guy needs to put out albums to keep the money coming in. Snoop used to pen verses for people too and he admits to using ghost-writers. I've heard it said that Kurupt uses them too but who knows if that is true? The pressure to create is there. People are paying for that Nas name... you really think any rapper, be it Cube, Snoop, Nas, is going to stop making music, just because they don't have the lyrics no more. As for whether I believe it? I'm skeptical.

Will_B

i dont know if Nas ever used ghostwriters. thsis is the same guy that ghostwrote for Will Smith, why would he use ghostwriters, if he penned verses for other artists?

i mean if ur a working hiphop-mogul like, say - Snoop or Diddy, ultimately u gona need help from the outside, cuz u can't fit everythin inside ur working-schedule as an entertainer,, but Nas was always a dedicated wordsmith. not sayin its impossible tho
Not to say that Nas does use one but as far as why he would. Simple. Rap is a business. Guy needs to put out albums to keep the money coming in. Snoop used to pen verses for people too and he admits to using ghost-writers. I've heard it said that Kurupt uses them too but who knows if that is true? The pressure to create is there. People are paying for that Nas name... you really think any rapper, be it Cube, Snoop, Nas, is going to stop making music, just because they don't have the lyrics no more. As for whether I believe it? I'm skeptical.

Right. Even artists of Nas' caliber will need to be in the zone to write their best stuff. The producer can be the guy to talk tracks over, give em a lyric, mood or theme for a track. The hook might be there etc etc. Kurupt writes really well working with Fredwreck for example. Fred knows how to get him focused and deliver something good. Otherwise its dick dick bitch bitch gobble gobble

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Most people don't seem to understand how common something like this is in the business of art. Historically, one guy gets all the credit while a whole bunch of guys do the work. Michelangelo didn't paint the chapel alone. He had a team. He did the main parts but I'm willing to bet there some great stuff on that celing credited tohim done by another guy. Major novelists would work in groups to.

Film recaptures this basic idea the best. Look at Saving Private Ryan. Robert Hodat wrote the story, Janusz Kamiński set up the shots and pictures, John Williams wrote the music, Tom Hanks acted out the role. But in the end it'll be remembered as another masterpiece by Stephen Spielberg. can anyone actually pinpoint what was thought of and created by Spielberg? Or what was just given the okay by Spielberg, or better yet, what was rejected by Spielberg but forced in by the studio if another executive producer.

No one can actually know for sure. So if it come out that Nas had a great idea for an album (great meaning accepting consensus. I haven't listen to a Nas album in 10 years), but he needed help to finish it, I don't have a problem with that.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Here is why I don't have a problem with this. It's like Snoop, he wrote his lyrics when he was young with help from the DOC, then later had ghostwriters. Did I think less of him, no, because to me it was his younger days that I enjoy more. With Nas, same thing, he wrote Illmatic and Stillmatic. Cornmega ghostwrote a song, but the songs Nas wrote were classics. As an older artist, he had more ghostwriters and I yawn. Old rappers just don't got it like that anymore. If Jay and Kanye had ghostwriters, same thing.

Jimmy H.

I don't see it as the same. Obviously in creating something, there are many hands that go into it and the reality is a lot of them take a backseat when it comes to credit. That's the nature of the business. Creativety is a collaborative business, especially on a commercial level. But if it came out that other artists were writing whole verses for Nas then I don't know about that. I can accept that other cats might come up with song ideas and concepts and he may grab a line or two but it would hard to call if it was discovered that dude hasn't been writing some of these albums but again, his written material kind of sounds consistent with how he writes and expresses himself so we'll see how much truth there is to any of this. Until proven otherwise, he's still one of the best lyricists that ever done it.