Author Topic: Nas accused of having album ghost-written by Jay Electronica and Stic.man  (Read 1964 times)

rayallen0

Both jay and stoc.man said it was lies and that the bitch is a nut.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
stoc.man ?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Most people don't seem to understand how common something like this is in the business of art. Historically, one guy gets all the credit while a whole bunch of guys do the work. Michelangelo didn't paint the chapel alone. He had a team. He did the main parts but I'm willing to bet there some great stuff on that celing credited tohim done by another guy. Major novelists would work in groups to.

Film recaptures this basic idea the best. Look at Saving Private Ryan. Robert Hodat wrote the story, Janusz Kamiński set up the shots and pictures, John Williams wrote the music, Tom Hanks acted out the role. But in the end it'll be remembered as another masterpiece by Stephen Spielberg. can anyone actually pinpoint what was thought of and created by Spielberg? Or what was just given the okay by Spielberg, or better yet, what was rejected by Spielberg but forced in by the studio if another executive producer.

No one can actually know for sure. So if it come out that Nas had a great idea for an album (great meaning accepting consensus. I haven't listen to a Nas album in 10 years), but he needed help to finish it, I don't have a problem with that.
great point,
all of those guys got their share of the credit for their involvemtn in the film (Saving priveat ryan that u mentioend), but Spielberg directed it so obviously he desrves the headliner, unlike say, the composer who were obvioulsy involved in the film to create the music n nothin else

Will_B

Most people don't seem to understand how common something like this is in the business of art. Historically, one guy gets all the credit while a whole bunch of guys do the work. Michelangelo didn't paint the chapel alone. He had a team. He did the main parts but I'm willing to bet there some great stuff on that celing credited tohim done by another guy. Major novelists would work in groups to.

Film recaptures this basic idea the best. Look at Saving Private Ryan. Robert Hodat wrote the story, Janusz Kamiński set up the shots and pictures, John Williams wrote the music, Tom Hanks acted out the role. But in the end it'll be remembered as another masterpiece by Stephen Spielberg. can anyone actually pinpoint what was thought of and created by Spielberg? Or what was just given the okay by Spielberg, or better yet, what was rejected by Spielberg but forced in by the studio if another executive producer.

No one can actually know for sure. So if it come out that Nas had a great idea for an album (great meaning accepting consensus. I haven't listen to a Nas album in 10 years), but he needed help to finish it, I don't have a problem with that.
great point,
all of those guys got their share of the credit for their involvemtn in the film (Saving priveat ryan that u mentioend), but Spielberg directed it so obviously he desrves the headliner, unlike say, the composer who were obvioulsy involved in the film to create the music n nothin else

LMFAO

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before

great point,

LMFAO

What I'm trying to say is the film industry doesn't try and place the credit of creating the art on a sole artist, in the credits. In the history of it all the big names get the credit for things whether they deserve it or not, like Tom Brady (sorry, I had to drop that in there), but in the actual liner notes tell you exactly who did what, more or less.

Where as in writing, people don't want to accept that it wasn't the author all by himself. They have to give the author sole credit as the artist or label him a hack.

If I found out that every verse on Illmatic was written by different people and Nas brought all these verses together and made an album that sounded like one person wrote it I'd still think he was great for being able to do that. And I'd still prause Nas the rapper. No one cares to asks who wrote Pacino's lines in Scarface; they sure as fuck weren't written by him. Now I'd still slight Nas for claiming to write all the verses if he didn't, but I wouldn't call him a hack.

Will_B

No I got your point, just Mike reiterating It like a 5 year old made me LOL

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
On top of all that, he ghost wrote Will Smith's album, so he took part in ghost writing as well. If he used ghost writers on Untitled, I don't think less of him. It's not like he's Eazy E who couldn't put a song together for his debut album.

And if Jay uses ghost writers at this point of his career, that's nothing to be ashamed of either. I don't knock Snoop for doing in towards the end of his career. Once you reach a certain level, you can get away with it.

Will_B

On top of all that, he ghost wrote Will Smith's album, so he took part in ghost writing as well. If he used ghost writers on Untitled, I don't think less of him. It's not like he's Eazy E who couldn't put a song together for his debut album.

And if Jay uses ghost writers at this point of his career, that's nothing to be ashamed of either. I don't knock Snoop for doing in towards the end of his career. Once you reach a certain level, you can get away with it.

I think Nas doing it is gonna hurt some (self proclaimed) hiphop headz™

People wanna believe artists like Nas are on some untouchable genius shit. By using ghost writers its like a chink in the armour of hiphops foundation.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside

I think Nas doing it is gonna hurt some (self proclaimed) hiphop headz™

People wanna believe artists like Nas are on some untouchable genius shit. By using ghost writers its like a chink in the armour of hiphops foundation.

oh yeah, but Hip-Hop heads don't realize how many artist use them. Even underground artist. I ghostwrote a couple of songs for people, they never made it but they had an international following in like Thailand or some crazy place like that. Also I know I've heard some dubcc keystyle lines get bit off in more than a couple of radio songs. To me, it's who's doing it and when. If it's Eazy E and he don't write any of his own songs... okay then I take him as an entertainer, not a lyricist. But if it's Nas, or Snoop and they wrote the majority of their lyrics themselves, but at the end of their careers they are established and already have a place in Hip-Hop, then I can care less. Like I said about Snoop vs. Immortal Technique. Technique prides himself on being a lyricist, so if he had ghostwriters then I will be mad. But Snoop having ghost writers at the later stages of his career doesn't bother me because he's that big.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/g_jZpYojacA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/g_jZpYojacA</a>
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Will_B

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/g_jZpYojacA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/g_jZpYojacA</a>

Dope! Thanks E, you're the best at this stuff :-*

Sccit

I don't knock Snoop for doing in towards the end of his career.

snoop did it in the beginning, as well

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't

correct.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

correct.

Snoop only gets a pass because his debut album is one of the illest of all time

but Snoop did write a lot of his hits like G Thang and Deep Cover

rayallen0

stoc.man ?
It's called auto correct, but if it makes you feel good to jump on a typo, go for it.