Author Topic: Jay-Z/Rick Rubin Collabo's  (Read 1282 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jay-Z/Rick Rubin Collabo's
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 03:03:43 AM »
thought they only did one?

On "Fade To Black" there's footage of him rapping over another track, didn't make the album though. Black Album was supposed to have 1 track from all of his favourite producers, Premo and Dre were obviously too busy though, so he got Neptunes, Blaze and Kanyes twice. Fucking dope album front to back, only weak track is the DJ Quik one

lost ones was for black album

But the Roc was still together when he made the Black Album and the first verse on "Lost Ones" is aimed at Dame, and I don't think his nephew had died then either, so that doesn't make sense.
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.4591/title.jay-talks-dre-detox-and-beyonce

That's crazy, I still don't see how the first verse could have been written at the time of the Black Album though.

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 05:06:31 AM »
thought they only did one?

On "Fade To Black" there's footage of him rapping over another track, didn't make the album though. Black Album was supposed to have 1 track from all of his favourite producers, Premo and Dre were obviously too busy though, so he got Neptunes, Blaze and Kanyes twice. Fucking dope album front to back, only weak track is the DJ Quik one

lost ones was for black album

But the Roc was still together when he made the Black Album and the first verse on "Lost Ones" is aimed at Dame, and I don't think his nephew had died then either, so that doesn't make sense.
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.4591/title.jay-talks-dre-detox-and-beyonce

That's crazy, I still don't see how the first verse could have been written at the time of the Black Album though.

maybe it wasnt, maybe he wrote it later

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 02:02:36 PM »
I'd like to hear it if they did do some more tracks...

As for Quik's beat being the worst, that album was full of disappointments.  That album is overrated because of the names associated with it.  Just Blaze brought it, but kanye, neptunes, Quik, 9th Wonder, Em all dropped pretty weak tracks.

You think Lucifer, Allure and Threat were weak :-\, your entitled to your opinion but I can't see how you weren't fucking with those beats. Jay was on his A game throughout as well, for me that's a top 3 Jay album.

allure isnt that dope fam.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 03:18:51 PM »

As for Quik's beat being the worst, that album was full of disappointments.  That album is overrated because of the names associated with it.  Just Blaze brought it, but kanye, neptunes, Quik, 9th Wonder, Em all dropped pretty weak tracks.

dont think its overrated at all. classic Jay-tracks like "99Problems" adn "dirt off your shoulder"
Eminem and Quik had the worst beats on it, Rubin & Timbo had the best

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 03:25:33 PM »

You think Lucifer, Allure and Threat were weak :-\, your entitled to your opinion but I can't see how you weren't fucking with those beats. Jay was on his A game throughout as well, for me that's a top 3 Jay album.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

BIGWORM

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 07:36:22 PM »
Man that track I believe "Justify My Thug" that D.J. QUIK did is dope IMO and also my favorite on the whole album...

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2012, 08:27:37 AM »
who cares.. Jay-Z is a below average rapper, don't believe the hype
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2012, 04:58:01 PM »
Some where in a vault is a whole Jim Jones album produced by rick rubin...unbelievable

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2012, 07:01:54 PM »
Some where in a vault is a whole Jim Jones album produced by rick rubin...unbelievable

For real? Damn that's crazy, anything ever leak?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »
Jim Jones did a song with Napoleon and Juelz Santana and I can only find a 64 kbps version with JJ and Napo and it cuts off before Santana

always makes me wish Napo never retired but glad that it helped better his life

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2012, 10:56:56 PM »

Threat was the best of those...I honestly thought Lucifer was boring as hell. That sample was alright, but it sucked otherwise. Allure was wack and so was change clothes.

It's def jays last listenable album. His discog is not that good, but this wouldn't be top 3...RD, blueprint, and Vol 1&2 are better.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 10:18:35 AM »

As for Quik's beat being the worst, that album was full of disappointments.  That album is overrated because of the names associated with it.  Just Blaze brought it, but kanye, neptunes, Quik, 9th Wonder, Em all dropped pretty weak tracks.

It's def jays last listenable album. His discog is not that good, but this wouldn't be top 3...RD, blueprint, and Vol 1&2 are better.

least listenable album?
did you hear blueprint2, the R Kelly collabos and Vol 3?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:20:26 AM by OG Michael Madsen »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 11:28:09 PM »

As for Quik's beat being the worst, that album was full of disappointments.  That album is overrated because of the names associated with it.  Just Blaze brought it, but kanye, neptunes, Quik, 9th Wonder, Em all dropped pretty weak tracks.

least listenable album?
did you hear blueprint2, the R Kelly collabos and Vol 3?

Last listenable album he said, not least. To me "American Gangster" gets underrated hard, both Kingdom Come and BP3 were spotty though so I see what you're saying. I never fucked with "Change Clothes" either, shit was corny to me.