Author Topic: WIDEawake Death Row next release 20 To Life Vol. 2 - September 25th  (Read 3457 times)

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

Re: WIDEawake Death Row next release 20 To Life Vol. 2 - September 25th
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2012, 11:22:48 AM »
The bootleggers aren't the problem here, it's the people running WideAwake.

These people have absolutely no idea how to put a project together and how to release it which is a direct result of complete ignorance on their part concerning the Death Row Records legacy.

Besides the poor audio quality (which I find forgivable in some cases) just take a look at the tracklists, artwork, album titles etc. I mean considering what they must have got in the vault it should be easy to put out the Death Row Inside Out compilation for example.
The tracklist, artwork it's all there. Snoop's Doggumentary EP, Petey Pablo's DR album, Crooked I's album etc etc it shouldn't be too hard to release those the way they were intended to be back then. Their LBC Crew album was pretty accurate I think but that's about it. They should do alot more research before compiling tracklists and releasing albums, a compilation album from the 1999 or 2000 era for example would be great all it takes is doing some research on who was signed during that period and you could put together a pretty solid and believable DR album.

my 12 year old son could put better projects together than the retards they have at wideawake...

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2012, 11:35:14 AM »

These people have absolutely no idea how to put a project together and how to release it which is a direct result of complete ignorance on their part concerning the Death Row Records legacy.

Besides the poor audio quality (which I find forgivable in some cases) just take a look at the tracklists, artwork, album titles etc. I mean considering what they must have got in the vault it should be easy to put out the Death Row Inside Out compilation for example.
The tracklist, artwork it's all there. Snoop's Doggumentary EP, Petey Pablo's DR album, Crooked I's album etc etc it shouldn't be too hard to release those the way they were intended to be back then. Their LBC Crew album was pretty accurate I think but that's about it. They should do alot more research before compiling tracklists and releasing albums, a compilation album from the 1999 or 2000 era for example would be great all it takes is doing some research on who was signed during that period and you could put together a pretty solid and believable DR album.

why did they invent 26 million in something they only make 2 grand a CD on?

do sales from the Death Row back catalogue REALLY help them earn back that 26 mil?  i doubt it because nobody pays for music anymore besides me lol

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2012, 01:20:55 PM »

my 12 year old son could put better projects together than the retards they have at wideawake...

shorty daddy wanna be a thug lmao

do you raise him with pac like values? i bet you got him a nose ring and a bandana for his birthday

Will_B

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2012, 01:40:28 PM »
I've been going on since the beginning of this WideAwake/Death Row thing about how it didn't make sense without Suge and it was not going to work out. Like someone said before DR should have just stayed bankrupt, the bootleggers would have done their job as far as emptying out the vault so no loss there.

I think bootlegging is one of the reasons their releases are so weak

Some people are making money behind the scenes selling the good stuff under the counter

I respect your opinion but disagree because if WA would put out the material people are yearning for and actually make them available in stores their products would probably sell more.  By releasing watered down releases in piss poor quality they are actually creating a marketplace/opportunity for bootleggers to exploit.  If they give people what they want it would most likely stifle the bootleggers but the way they are doing it people will actually buy from bootleggers because they seem to have a better understanding of what fans want as opposed to FastAsleep.  

here's the problem:  it's a fact that these guys are bootlegging songs behind the scenes and have been since 2009.

Snap. And not just the normal stuff, Imagine all the stuff they hold that can NEVER be released or heard. Like Dre stuff, Pac outtakes and whatnot.

All that holy grail stuff must be getting sold to top level black market collectors. Die hard Euros, Japs and Wiggers

I'm talkin G's overseas

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2012, 01:42:05 PM »
shut up will lol

DatThrowBaccMuzic

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2012, 01:49:59 PM »
I've been going on since the beginning of this WideAwake/Death Row thing about how it didn't make sense without Suge and it was not going to work out. Like someone said before DR should have just stayed bankrupt, the bootleggers would have done their job as far as emptying out the vault so no loss there.

I think bootlegging is one of the reasons their releases are so weak

Some people are making money behind the scenes selling the good stuff under the counter

I respect your opinion but disagree because if WA would put out the material people are yearning for and actually make them available in stores their products would probably sell more.  By releasing watered down releases in piss poor quality they are actually creating a marketplace/opportunity for bootleggers to exploit.  If they give people what they want it would most likely stifle the bootleggers but the way they are doing it people will actually buy from bootleggers because they seem to have a better understanding of what fans want as opposed to FastAsleep.  

here's the problem:  it's a fact that these guys are bootlegging songs behind the scenes and have been since 2009.

Snap. And not just the normal stuff, Imagine all the stuff they hold that can NEVER be released or heard. Like Dre stuff, Pac outtakes and whatnot.

All that holy grail stuff must be getting sold to top level black market collectors. Die hard Euros, Japs and Wiggers

I'm talkin G's overseas

Anything can be bought for the right price. Seems like people have shallow pockets these days though.

Will_B

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2012, 01:53:54 PM »
Well yeah, but you can't buy something if you don't know what the asking price is

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2012, 02:47:18 PM »
^wow, the Asperger-boy is logged in.

what a surprise

D-TalkX

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2012, 05:16:47 PM »
ALL THAT SHIT BEEN RELEASED

oh i fucking hate stupid Canadian fucks running wide asleep records

Come to Canada and get an education you ignorant moron...Only thing "Canadian" about WideAwake is the building location. Everyone working there and working on this project is from....wait for it...The United States of America

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2012, 05:48:15 PM »
at least with Suge running the label the Compilations were good, Death Row Singles is still 1 of the best compliations off the label because it contains a ton of rarities and hard to finds. Sure he didn't release any of the older unreleased stuff like wideawake is doing but when you look at the material its self it doesn't surprise me. tracks that are unfinished, contain maybe 1 verse, no chorus, recycled versus, Plus all the artist probably had forced his hand in not releasing unreleased tracks (See Dre for an example).  but he at the very least tried for quality. The mixing on these records is horrible as fuck, and that's were the bottom line is.

Doesn't matter if it's already released, maybe someone will buy it just to get a taste of Death Row, (personally I'm just gonna rip it off, because I aint buying shit I already own). but if the music it's self is isn't even enjoyable because of how bad the mixing is then your product deserves to tank. Bootleggers aside where is all the unreleased music anyways?

Seriously before Wideawake purchased Death Row, all we heard was stories upon stories of unreleased tracks, unreleased verses, productions, Entire albums fully mixed and packaged for sell never released, RnB albums even, Well? Were are they? I see the same bootlegged tracks in different compilations all the time.  So obviously bootleggers either horde the shit out of the music, Death Row is filled with extra music, or the fact of the matter is their wasn't only "15% of the vault has been released"  (Wideawakes figures, not mine) but the majority of the tracks have already been released and all that's left is cut tracks.

Think about it for a second, Suge Knight once said when its time everyone puts into one Project. Given that we have songs meant for potential albums placed on other albums (See All Eyez). It's entirely possible that Death Row isn't filled with a treasure Trove of records, but simply shitty singles, crappy filler tracks, unfinished tracks, and just alternate versions of tracks already released with recycled verses. 

Also remember several artist when they left, entered the vaults and took all they songs (see nate dogg). The only known artist to record around the clock was 2pac, and all his songs went to Amaru, are already released, (both retail and OG).

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2012, 06:03:53 PM »
In Fact from what I can remember outta the confirmed projects on label a lot of em we either released or stolen. Lets break it down.

The original Albums from 1992-1996 was a entirely group effort. Everyone worked on one project, except around say 1996, when everything got Cliquish and people weren't fucking with each other (basically after the all eyez sessions). Even then only a few cuts were left over from all these albums.

The unrealized albums pretty much got either gutted or released later

Westcoast Aftershocc (by the dogg pound) their original sophomore album was lost after the label imploded, and later released newly remade as 2002.

Heltah Skeltah (Ice Cube/Dre Collab) - The instrumentals and concepts were stolen by DOC, who later released his own version. It's unclear if he never got it back, eventually one of the few tracks from these sessions was again given to the current project at the time, Murder was the Case.

The Chronic 2 Poppas got a brand new Funk - A dre record, seriously you know how long this shit probably took? California Love was the only confirmed finished track, eventually given to 2Pac, another record leaked (smoking weed for hours) as leaked later.

Snoop Dogg's third album was never recorded so he left

Nate Dogg took all of his work with him.

DJ Quicks material was leaked

Hammers material Leaked

2pac's One Nation was (allegedly, still can't find a link) leaked. If not then currently unreleased, The All Eyez/Makaveli sessions leaked/released.

The Outlaws music was released

I seriously doubt their is any useable material outside of  the RnB material. Danny Boys album was finally released.

I think the whole thing of "15%" is just a lie. Because what ever wasn't released, taken by original artist, has either been leaked, or unusable. The label should just start finding new artist and begin making records again.

JohnnyL

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2012, 08:14:26 PM »

why did they invent 26 million in something they only make 2 grand a CD on?

do sales from the Death Row back catalogue REALLY help them earn back that 26 mil?  i doubt it because nobody pays for music anymore besides me lol

These guys have really mishandled shit, out the ass.  But in their defense, I have a feeling that when they bought the catalog, what they were actually free to release without being sued was probably misrepresented.  They obviously had no idea, Dr. Dre was going to sue them.  I guess they were told they could release 13 Tupac tracks, but something must have gone bad with that as well.  Also, I think they underestimated how badly the tracks were cataloged and how much work it was going to be put the tracks out properly.
  At this point it's not even the same people running the show, though right?  Maybe someone who's kept up with shit over there can clarify this point.  Because I know John Payne is supposed to be in charge over there.  But I thought there was some article that came out a while back, after Lara Lavi got shit-canned that said that D3 was basically running the "label" now, just releasing cds in an absentee fashion.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2012, 08:20:24 PM »
Yeah we can't ignore the fact they haven't sold ONE 2pac song yet in 3+ years

ttpac

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2012, 09:10:35 PM »
Someone earlier referenced the fact that WA aren't doing their homework/research and it certainly appears to be the case with this company. 
Lots of good points gang, pretty solid discussion. 

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2012, 09:39:23 PM »

shorty daddy wanna be a thug lmao

do you raise him with pac like values? i bet you got him a nose ring and a bandana for his birthday

aww wats wrong sweetie u still mad cause u still a redneck awww im sorry you want a cookie ;)