Author Topic: Dre ain't Westcoast no more.  (Read 820 times)

··: O.G Kody™ :··

Dre ain't Westcoast no more.
« on: February 16, 2003, 12:22:59 PM »
Sup Board,

Ok, Dre IS NOT Westcoast anymore. As much as ya'll want him to, he's not. Sure he's from 'Just Outside Compton" but he has not made a proper westcoast beat since he left Death Row. Just take a look at the people he has got/had on Aftermath and the tracks he's released. 2001 was not a Westcoast album IMO, ok It contained a few artists who are from the West (Snoop, King T, Ren etc) but the beats?! Hell nah!

Check the BAY if you want real West and stop playing with all these fakes.

Kaidy

Re:Dre ain't Westcoast no more.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2003, 12:31:51 PM »
Who cares? I dont. Dre makes decent music and a lot of it i like, i dont care if he doesnt make shit that sounds like its 'west coast' as long as its good music. just move with the times and let people like what they like. why are u so concerned about other peoples tastes anyway?

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2003, 12:41:51 PM »
It ain't about tastes. OK, so why is there a Westcoast forum? Half the people mentioned in it don't actually make 'Westcoast' music. SIMPLE.

Peace.

Mudpole

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2003, 12:42:32 PM »
I've never heard any eastcoast artist make a beat like
Still DRE or the Next Episode, and what do you mean
2001 only had a few westcoast artists on it, man nearly
everybody on that album was westcoast.

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2003, 12:54:47 PM »
LOl what do u expect from Dre? That 1992 G Funk sound?? Hommie ur 11 years late, sometimes people got to improve their sound, for me, 2001 IS a West Coast album, hes reppin the West in it, but he's a producer , so im sure he felt like changin the game by doing this album instead of  making the same thing again ang again, open ur mind, and people gon open their mind to the West Coast

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2003, 01:03:46 PM »
Snoop, Nate, kurupt, Xzibit, Ren, King T, Knoc, Time bomb, Hitt man, thos are all WEST.  and more.  and that album was West out the ass.  

now, detox, that could be a completely different situation.  only time will tell.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2003, 01:04:54 PM »
Yo Bz. I feel what u are saying, I understand people have gotta change they sound but Dre has changed and now all you get in a wack ass 5 sec loop for 4 mins. Back in the day he could produce a track with samples etc etc. Now if he bothers to do that he doesn't even clear it. I'm just fed up with all the peeps on here shouting about Dre's this Dre's that whoopy whoo blah blah shit. I used to love Dr. Dre now It doesn't bother me what the fuck he produced....take a look a tracks he produced on The Eminem Show, Man Vs Machine & Eve-olution ya'll will see what I mean.

Battlecat production is what Dre should aim for!

LOL, IMO!

PEACE.

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2003, 01:18:25 PM »

What are yall talkin about.......

"Dres not westcoast anymore" are you really in the position to say that ?? I dont think so dogg......

-Adriano
« Last Edit: February 16, 2003, 01:19:19 PM by AdrianoDogg.com »

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2003, 01:22:46 PM »

What are yall talkin about.......

"Dres not westcoast anymore" are you really in the position to say that ?? I dont think so dogg......

-Adriano

What?

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2003, 01:28:13 PM »
Dre's the westcoast barometer, westcoast sound is whatever dre's doing at that particular moment.  So I dunno how you can say he' isn't westcoast, no matter what he does, that's what the rest of the coast does.  

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2003, 01:34:25 PM »
Give me one reason why you think Dre is 'Westcoast' ??
The man ain't even actually from Compton!!

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2003, 01:37:57 PM »
Here we go again.  He is from compton, lol man look up your info.  You believe something because Suge said it?  Ask Ren, Ask Ice Cube, Ask the D.O.C. where Dre's from.  

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2003, 01:39:53 PM »
Dre's the westcoast barometer, westcoast sound is whatever dre's doing at that particular moment.  So I dunno how you can say he' isn't westcoast, no matter what he does, that's what the rest of the coast does.  

Fo' real bo....Dre was knocked when he didnt produce an album of his own for a time...then he does and everyone wants to sound like that...i got faith in him,
if the rumor is true about this bein his last album then u can be sure its gonna be not only good but also groundbreaking!
To be groundbreakin you gotta change the flow of things and the way people hear / think about music.

Peace!

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2003, 01:40:39 PM »
Just because you may hang with some people from there don't mean YOU are. Look at Xzibit.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2003, 01:41:13 PM »
I said it Before and I'll say it again ...FUCK THAT COAST BULLSHIT and just enjoy the music
« Last Edit: February 16, 2003, 01:41:54 PM by .:Bigg Chillah:. »