Author Topic: Meech Wells  (Read 1607 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: Meech Wells
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2012, 03:44:04 AM »
smh, typical Will-meltdown.
desperate groupie that does wahtever it takes to defend and glorify his favorites artists,
instead of just lookin at things objectively.  :catfight:

B-Real (from Cypress Hill) once played congas on a song by Snoop Dogg, just for the fun of it when
he was in the studio wit Fred.
did you know that?

is he a fullfledged congo-player in your book, Will?

Will_B

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2012, 03:48:32 AM »
smh, typical Will-meltdown.
desperate groupie that does wahtever it takes to defend and glorify his favorites artists,
instead of just lookin at things objectively.  :catfight:

B-Real (from Cypress Hill) once played congas on a song by Snoop Dogg, just for the fun of it when
he was in the studio wit Fred.
did you know that?

is he a fullfledged congo-player in your book, Will?

What has u denying Meechs ability (as proven in plain English I know sorry the Ukrainian link was down) go to do with my objectivity in regards to anything?

"I love to see myself suffer"

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2012, 04:02:58 AM »
^come on now.
im not even an expert on Meech at all, but i assure you hes a beatmaker,
he doesnt play any instruments,, read notes,, and probly doesnt even arrange the music wit his performers in the studio (becuz he hardly even mixes his own songs, as i can tell by lookin at his credits).
dont care if he tried out the keyboards wit his dad when he was a kid.
his profession is beats - he makes beats and sends em to rappers in protools or seperate WAVE-files
through e-mails, just like 95percent of all the "producers" in teh rapgame does..

hey Will,
i know u have love-relationship wit ur favorite DPG-related "musicians", (sure thing, i'm a fan myself),
and you like to glorify their craft the best way u can,, but its time for you to start lookin at things objectively
, instead of actin like a defensive groupie all the time.
end thread

please, Mike - i can validate it.

:sleep:  jesus christ, what was taht? are u going to dig up a 12-year old booklet from your stash to prove that ur "ride-or-die"-producer mixed  a song once?

take ur L and move on, dont waste any more time. your defensive groupie-arguments are disgusting, and explains why u get shitted on so much on this forum

Will_B

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2012, 04:19:59 AM »
^come on now.
he doesnt play any instruments,, read notes,, and probly doesnt even arrange the music wit his performers in the studio (becuz he hardly even mixes his own songs, as i can tell by lookin at his credits).
his profession is beats - he makes beats and sends em to rappers in protools or seperate WAVE-files
through e-mails, just like 95percent of all the "producers" in teh rapgame does..

hey Will,
i know u have love-relationship wit ur favorite DPG-related "musicians", (sure thing, i'm a fan myself),
and you like to glorify their craft the best way u can,, but its time for you to start lookin at things objectively
, instead of actin like a defensive groupie all the time.
end thread

please, Mike - i can validate it.

:sleep:  jesus christ, what was taht? are u going to dig up a 12-year old booklet from your stash to prove that ur "ride-or-die"-producer mixed  a song once?

take ur L and move on, dont waste any more time. your defensive groupie-arguments are disgusting, and explains why u get shitted on so much on this forum

Weak :)

Step it up a next time, keep your knowledge up and try and prove me wrong instead of going down the "u mad" route

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2012, 05:17:51 AM »
^ already did,  8)  ,,,,he even said himself in teh inteview u linked that he always uses a drummachine. hence, a  beatmaker. just cuz he tried out the keyboard once on a song or when he was  playin around wit his daddy in the studio as a young'n, doesnt make him a fullfledged "musician",, dumbass

but thanks for the testosterone u sprinkled in the thread, just becuz u couldn't validate ur "important" beliefs in your emotional rollercoaster of yippity yipp-yabbering.  

never liked him that much to be honest. the only tracks he had that were good were co-prod by Quazedelic imo
meech was fire though from top dogg to tha eastsidaz albums and tha last meal. dogg house was doin' the damn thing then !!!!!!!!!!!!

well okay,,if you like Meech i suggest u check out the album "Inglewood's Best Kept secret" by Big Boone, it had dope stuff by Meech
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:04:14 AM by Super Saiyan Mike Madsen »

Will_B

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2012, 06:11:13 AM »
Fuck outta here "didn't validate"

Got cry into your hanky coz people don't worship your 'fake jazzy generic' sounding producers

"he called such and such a musician, I heard he struggles with playin chopsticks on a Casio :'("

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2012, 09:20:46 AM »
^come on now.

hey Will,
and you like to glorify their craft the best way u can,, but its time for you to start lookin at things objectively, instead of actin like a defensive groupie all the time. pathetic..
end thread

well, the beats he makes is music...therefore, he is a musician. a drum machine is just as much an instrument as a clarinet. through human contact, it makes music. thats what a musician is. now, u can say hes not a musician on the level of others (dj quik, the roots, etc), but at the end of the day, if u make music, u are a musician

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2012, 09:36:59 AM »
^cool, but ur readin into it

the thing is--,,
me, or you,  could make a beat wit any prefered mac-software or drummachine on the market, and sell it --> depending on how "dope" it is, how "original" or "dope" the sample is (if we choose to use one), or how "hot" we are as namebrands -->
but that doenst necessarily make either of us musicians.

catch my drift? a beatmaker is just a beatmaker, if u want to refer to them as musicians go ahead though, i wont stop u.  ;)

rant rant rant ,rabble ,rant ,lost my marbles, Meech Wells mixed this record, he played the keys,, lost my marbles, rant, rabble yippity yapp whatever the fuck mad mad etc etc etc

zzzZZZzzzZZz.. tedious groupie,
the way things are goin it wouldnt surpirse me if ur goin to attempt to prove
to me that Snoop Dogg is a professional opera-singer next. "he raised the voice on this one song. look, Mike. look - i have proof"

your dragging down good arguments in threads when u can't prove jackshit & succumbes to your "crybaby"-routine,
just becuz you're emotionaly intertwined wit ur favorite artists (or whatever) as a groupie

buzz off, you old weirdo
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:55:41 AM by Super Saiyan Mike Madsen »

Sccit

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2012, 09:42:28 AM »
^cool, but ur readin into it

the thing is--,,
me, or you,  could make a beat wit any prefered mac-software or drummachine on the market, and sell it --> depending on how "dope" it is, how "original" or "dope" the sample is (if we choose to use one), or how "hot" we are as namebrands -->
but that doenst necessarily make either of us musicians.

catch my drift? a beatmaker is just a beatmaker, if u want to refer to them as musicians go ahead though, i wont stop u.  ;)

rant rant rant ,rabble ,rant ,lost my marbles, Meech Wells mixed this record, he played the keys,, lost my marbles, rant, rabble yippity yapp whatever the fuck mad mad etc etc etc

zzzZZZzzzZZz.. tedious groupie,
the way things are goin it wouldnt surpirse me if ur goin to attempt to prove
to me that Snoop Dogg is a professional opera-singer. "look, he raised the voice on this one song. look, Mike. look - i have proof"

your dragging down good arguments in threads when u can't prove jackshit & succumbes to your "crybaby"-routine,
just becuz you're emotionaly intertwined wit ur favorite artists (or whatever) as a groupie

buzz off, you old weirdo

if we made a profession out of it, we'd be musicians.....thats going by the definition.

Will_B

« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2012, 10:04:45 AM »
"Being the son of Motown legend Mary Wells may have helped jumpstart Meech Wells' career, but the West Coast rap producer quickly proved his talent and eventually aligned himself with Snoop Dogg, another relationship that definitely didn't hurt his career. Before being Snoop's producer of choice during the late '90s and early 2000s, Wells began his career as part of a funk band called Trey Lewd that also featured Tracey Lewis, George Clinton's son; this provided him with the opportunity to work with Clinton himself. By 1993, Wells found himself working alongside producer/rapper Def Jef; the two's production on Shaquille O'Neil's "I Got Skillz" (a surprise hit single) won them instant credentials. Throughout the mid-'90s, he continued to hone his craft, working on a number of remix projects before eventually being introduced to Snoop through a friend. Before long, the two were working together as a potent duo, beginning with "Still a G Thang," one of the better songs on Snoop's Da Game Is to Be Sold, Not to Be Told. Wells produced a few No Limit songs featuring Snoop -- Tru's "It's a Beautiful Thang," Silkk the Shocker's "Get It Up" -- before playing a major role in bringing a West Coast sound to Snoop's Top Dogg album in 1999: "In Love With a Thug," "Better Days," "Gangsta Ride," among others. In 2000 he reprised his role as one of Snoop's producers of choice, producing tracks for Tha Eastsidaz' self-titled debut and Doggy's Angels' Pleezbalevit, as well as Snoop's own Tha Last Meal ("Go Away," "Issues")."

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/meech-wells-mn0000869654

http://www.discogs.com/Trey-Lewd-Drop-The-Line/release/224312

Cecil Womack (aka Meech Wells)
Song writer, Keys, Drum programming and vocals.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:06:32 AM by Do Buy Albums »

bouli77

« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2012, 10:18:03 AM »
i love quaze, i mean i love the few beats i heard from him... i should do my homework and check the rest he did.

i'm a huge meech wells fan tho, meech really dropped heat on NLTD (My Heat Goes Boom), TLM, Tha Eastsidaz two albums (Now We Lay Em Down, Nigga 4 Life,Tha G in Dee, Now Is The Time)

my favorite Meech produced song :

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NbkP9Le4lRI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NbkP9Le4lRI</a>

being a full-fledged musician doesn't make someone a better producer or engineer though, a lot of producers are musicians but aren't outstanding producers, while lousy musicians (quincy jones, dr dre) make sometimes great producers. producing rap music didn't involve music playing in the first place, it might come in handy, especially in west coast and down south rap but it's not a sine qua non condition to be a great producer. Terrace Martin can't fuck with Primo, Warren G or Pete Rock.

that being said i can believe quaze being better than meech, i loved dogghouse america and nite l.o.c.'s
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:19:34 AM by bouli77 »

The following users thanked this post: Marco

Will_B

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2012, 10:19:39 AM »

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2012, 05:02:00 PM »
there is a 120+ different album-credits for Meech. i havent seen his name tied to an instrument-credit more than once. thats not enough to adress him as a musician,
he doesnt even mix his own songs, all teh stuff he produced were usually mixed by the guy who he produced the track wit (i.e. Def Jeff, Keith Clarke).
hes a drummachine-beatmaker, thats what he does. i dont care if he played keys in a band as a teen

thanks for the detective work tho lol

Will_B

« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2012, 05:15:13 PM »
there is a 120+ different album-credits for Meech. i havent seen his name tied to an instrument-credit more than once. thats not enough to adress him as a musician,
he doesnt even mix his own songs, all teh stuff he produced were usually mixed by the guy who he produced the track wit (i.e. Def Jeff, Keith Clarke).
hes a drummachine-beatmaker, thats what he does. i dont care if he played keys in a band as a teen

thanks for the detective work tho lol

He was 25 when the Trey Lewd album dropped in 92, by that time he was already workin with George Clinton etc.

« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2012, 06:15:59 PM »
i love quaze, i mean i love the few beats i heard from him... i should do my homework and check the rest he did.

i'm a huge meech wells fan tho, meech really dropped heat on NLTD (My Heat Goes Boom), TLM, Tha Eastsidaz two albums (Now We Lay Em Down, Nigga 4 Life,Tha G in Dee, Now Is The Time)

my favorite Meech produced song :

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NbkP9Le4lRI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NbkP9Le4lRI</a>

being a full-fledged musician doesn't make someone a better producer or engineer though, a lot of producers are musicians but aren't outstanding producers, while lousy musicians (quincy jones, dr dre) make sometimes great producers. producing rap music didn't involve music playing in the first place, it might come in handy, especially in west coast and down south rap but it's not a sine qua non condition to be a great producer. Terrace Martin can't fuck with Primo, Warren G or Pete Rock.

yeah exactly

B-Real played congas on one song in his career,, but hes not a conga-player in my book.
,,,rapper Scarface played the guitar on just one of his songs in his discography before.
he even had a hobby rock-band (that never released anythin, but still- im sayin)

can he be adressed as a fullfedged musician professionaly though?
would u call him a musician?
no, u probly wouldn't.. hes a rapper, and occasionaly AkaiMPC-beatmaker.
it makes sense if one would actually think about it, instead of raving like a defensive/hysteric groupie (a'la Wilbert). just look at it objectively for a sec.

just because u dabbled into and tried somethin out, it doesn't solidify you as a musician

in Meech' case, he doesnt mix his own stuff (as i can tell,if i look at almost all of his documented credits), and his entire career in teh hiphopgame to this day, consists of loose MPC4000 or 3000-beats based mostly on like 8 or 9 sounds, which  Will is probly too deaf to hear (& he hardly arranges the music for his artists either, just sells 'em beats) --> so i'm not going to adress him as a musician, even if he fucked around wit keys (lol wow) in some band 21 (!) friggin years ago, or if his mom worked wit Smokey Robinson in the 1960's,lol.   hes def a beatmaker,,some of his beats were dope as fuck tho definitely.i love the stuff he had on Big Boones album.  8)

Quote#1
Dubcnn: What equipment do you use and what's your working process when making a beat?

Meech Wells: I'm using the MPC 4000, I started with the MPC back in the day, when I had first came out, so I just stayed with that line. MPC 4000, all computer stuff now like plug-ins. I sold all my keyboards, it's a whole new sound right now. It's all coming from the computers

^ a beatmaker

Quote #2
Dubcnn: When you work with an artist, do you fit the beat to the artist or vice versa?

Meech Wells: Yeah a lot of them I had the beat first cause by doing the mixtape stuff now we conditioned to what's going on. So it's like I'll have beats already

^ a beatmaker
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 12:26:17 AM by Super Saiyan Mike Madsen »