Author Topic: Meech Wells  (Read 1616 times)

Sccit

Re: Meech Wells
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2012, 08:46:40 PM »
there is a 120+ different album-credits for Meech. i havent seen his name tied to an instrument-credit more than once. thats not enough to adress him as a musician,
he doesnt even mix his own songs, all teh stuff he produced were usually mixed by the guy who he produced the track wit (i.e. Def Jeff, Keith Clarke).
hes a drummachine-beatmaker, thats what he does. i dont care if he played keys in a band as a teen

thanks for the detective work tho lol

drum machine is an instrument

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2012, 09:07:58 PM »
depends on how u look at it, & how u choose to define it from ur own pointofview
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:16:31 PM by Super Saiyan Mike Madsen »

Sccit

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2012, 09:27:49 PM »
depends on how u look at it, & how u choose to define it from ur own pointofview

in the end, it comes down to this

does meech wells make music as a profession? if so, he is a musician. if u dont consider what he does music, thats another topic of discussion. actually, there are a lot of people who dont consider music made electronically music at all. some people say rap is not music. so u can say he's not a real musician, if u dont consider what he does real music. but i consider rap music, and i consider the drum machine just as much an instrument as a piano.....so considering that, he is a musician. now, is he a musician on the level of dj quik? probably not. but still a musician, nonetheless, as his profession is music. but like i said, if rap is not considered music to you, then thats a whole nother topic of discussion.

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2012, 11:45:32 PM »
yea what he creates is music,
but i still prefer to call him a beatmaker rather than a musician

i can seperate beatmakers wit real musicians and producers without readin into it (and so can u), its not hard at all.  Meech Wells is most def a beatmaker

Sccit

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2012, 12:53:04 PM »

i can seperate beatmakers wit real musicians and producers without readin into it (and so can u), its not hard at all.  Meech Wells is most def a beatmaker

but thats like telling some dude who plays the clarinet "you're a clarinet player, not a musician"...considering beats are music, they're musicians. going by the definition, beatmakers are musicians. if u made urself ur own definition, thats fine. but dont expect every1 to agree with you. i do see what ur saying, tho.

Will_B

« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2012, 01:24:22 PM »

i can seperate beatmakers wit real musicians and producers without readin into it (and so can u), its not hard at all.  Meech Wells is most def a beatmaker

but thats like telling some dude who plays the clarinet "you're a clarinet player, not a musician"...considering beats are music, they're musicians. going by the definition, beatmakers are musicians. if u made urself ur own definition, thats fine. but dont expect every1 to agree with you. i do see what ur saying, tho.

Mikes tryin to enforce his view that a guy like Cecil D Womack Jr., who has been involved in music 30+ years and a professional musician & producer 20 years, is now ONLY to be considered a Beatmaker because of the work he's doing since leaving Doggystyle records.

I disagree simply because he's actually been a manager since, and is developing his own artists which involves working very closely with them from conception of the track to the finished product. As opposed to a 'standard' beatmaker that sells finished beats by email or whatever.

Also when Meech hooked back up with Snoop recently he was developing songs with Kokane, again not just 'handing' people beats..

Anyway Mike knows all this he's just playing devils advocate like the good troll that he is.

"Never back down  :'("
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 01:38:00 PM by Do Buy Albums »

« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2012, 01:38:24 PM »
 a beatmaker is a beatmaker.
the guy made beats wit an akai-mpc machine for a living,  since he started out professionaly in the rapgame wit his co-producer Def Jeff back in 1993/1994. (he used co-producers for his beats for a long part of his career as well, Quaze, Def Jeff, Keith Clarke, Soul Mechanix, and he hardly even mixes his own shit),, his small stint as a keyboardist in a funkband 21 years ago is as relevant as rapper Scarface's career as a guitar-player in a  rockband.
look at his own quotes objectively, instead of spazzing out as the melodramatic soap-opera queen u are (but his dad is a legend  :boohoo:

Quote#1
Dubcnn: What equipment do you use and what's your working process when making a beat?

Meech Wells: I'm using the MPC 4000, I started with the MPC back in the day, when I had first came out, so I just stayed with that line. MPC 4000, all computer stuff now like plug-ins. I sold all my keyboards, it's a whole new sound right now. It's all coming from the computers

^ a beatmaker

Quote #2
Dubcnn: When you work with an artist, do you fit the beat to the artist or vice versa?

Meech Wells: Yeah a lot of them I had the beat first cause by doing the mixtape stuff now we conditioned to what's going on. So it's like I'll have beats already

^ a beatmaker

« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2012, 01:45:58 PM »

i can seperate beatmakers wit real musicians and producers without readin into it (and so can u), its not hard at all.  Meech Wells is most def a beatmaker

if u made urself ur own definition, thats fine. but dont expect every1 to agree with you. i do see what ur saying, tho.

u know what im talkin about, & u know where im coming from wit my argument, so lets leave it at that.
i don't define a protools-emailing beatmaker as a musician, even tho he does contribute to a song wit an instrumental

Will_B

« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2012, 01:48:42 PM »
a beatmaker is a beatmaker.
the guy made beats wit an akai-mpc machine for a living,  since he started out professionaly in the rapgame wit his co-producer Def Jeff back in 1993/1994. (he used co-producers for his beats for a long part of his career as well, Quaze, Def Jeff, Keith Clarke, Soul Mechanix, and he hardly even mixes his own shit),, his small stint as a keyboardist in a funkband 21 years ago is as relevant as rapper Scarface's career as a guitar-player in a  rockband.
look at his own quotes objectively, instead of spazzing out as the melodramatic soap-opera queen u are (but his dad is a legend  :boohoo:

Quote#1
Dubcnn: What equipment do you use and what's your working process when making a beat?

Meech Wells: I'm using the MPC 4000, I started with the MPC back in the day, when I had first came out, so I just stayed with that line. MPC 4000, all computer stuff now like plug-ins. I sold all my keyboards, it's a whole new sound right now. It's all coming from the computers

^ a beatmaker

Quote #2
Dubcnn: When you work with an artist, do you fit the beat to the artist or vice versa?

Meech Wells: Yeah a lot of them I had the beat first cause by doing the mixtape stuff now we conditioned to what's going on. So it's like I'll have beats already

^ a beatmaker

Your quotes are from 2006.

Just bumping Suited n Booted - keys are so dope :whistle:

« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2012, 01:52:04 PM »
he isnt any more of a so-called "musician" now as he was in 2006.
"but he made the beat for my favorite Snoop-song "Take U Home" :boohoo:

stop wasting time, ginger-brit - run along

Will_B

« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2012, 01:58:02 PM »

You looked at one quote from a 20 year career.

"such and such artist took a year out from music, how u gonna call them a singer now? they less of a singer than before they started"

Oh really?

« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2012, 02:04:04 PM »
you're retarded.

is Snoop a fullfledged reaggae-singer cuz he decided to be one yesterday?

and like i said
"but he made the beat for my favorite Snoop-song "Take U Home"  :boohoo: 

now stop wasting time, ginger-brit - run along. it's obvious u suffer from some kind of "inferiority complex", thats why u keep coming back wit ur repititive blahzay blahazay all the time in an attempt to validate ur important beliefs (which i dont even care about)

Will_B

« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2012, 02:06:12 PM »
you're retarded.

is Snoop a fullfledged reaggae-singer cuz he decided to be one yesterday?

Actually u got it backwards.

By your same logic Snoop is now a reggae singer and can no longer be called a rapper.

MURDERGHOST

• 'G'
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2012, 02:06:54 PM »
I still bump Meech's jefa's music... haha...

Mary Wells... one of my fave...

« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2012, 02:24:53 PM »

You looked at one quote from a 20 year career.

"such and such artist took a year out from music, how u gonna call them a singer now? they less of a singer than before they started"

Oh really?

i found an interview wit Ice Cube from 2006.
he said he was a rapper.

but he isnt one today, becuz the interview was from 2006 right?

jokes aside,
do u have any idea how desperate u look?
do u pull ur hair out right now?  dont waste anymore time, ur retarded & a serious discussion wit u is absolutely pointless
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 02:35:25 PM by Super Saiyan Mike Madsen »