Poll

Should We Go To War

Yes
4 (40%)
No
6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Should We Go To War and ... Why....  (Read 228 times)

Big BpG

Should We Go To War and ... Why....
« on: February 16, 2003, 10:05:06 PM »
Personally, I say no... we should not go to war... the reason we are going is to destroy Iraq's "weapons of mass destruction"  ... the reason I quote that is because.. we have no proof of such weapons... secondly... we have weapons... and  so why shouldn't other countries? I mean, yes, weapons are useless and cause nothing but more violence, but to go around  and say "put your missiles away" is stupid.... when you threatening to point a missile right at them...

-Bluey

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

closetothalimit

Re:Should We Go To War and ... Why....
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2003, 10:15:26 PM »
no - i believe we shouldnt go to war

due to the contradiction in the reason the politics are giving us and because we have no right to tell another nation how to run itself politically and militarly - if we allow that to happen america will become like a dictator of the whole world

secondly we shouldnt go to war because there has already been too much war in modern history. the great war, world war 2, vietnam war, korean war, gulf war etc. too much tradgey and horror has happened in these wars including the holocaust, schools full of children being destroyed, napalm being dropped on villages (how can anyone who has seen that picture of a little girl running down the street crying as her skins melts from the napalm america dropped support their war now), innocents killed, nuclear bombs dropped and the list goes on - it resolves nothing.

and america has no right to bad mouth saddam as a dictator when they have supported plenty of bad dictators before.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2003, 04:12:53 AM by Rain - Anti-War »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 12:08:51 AM »

due to the contradiction in the reason the politics are giving us and because we have no right to tell another nation how to run itself politically and militarly - if we allow that to happen america will become like a dictator of the whole world

secondly we shouldnt go to war because there has already been too much war in modern history. the great war, world war 2, vietnam war, korean war, gulf war etc. too much tradgey and horror has happened in these wars including the holocaust, schools full of children being destroyed, napalm being dropped on villages (how can anyone who has seen that picture of a little girl running down the street crying as her skins melts from the napalm america dropped), innocents killed, nuclear bombs dropped and the list goes on - it resolves nothing.

and america has no right to bad mouth saddam as a dictator when they have supported plenty of bad dictators before.

Thank You
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2003, 12:27:55 AM »

secondly we shouldnt go to war because there has already been too much war in modern history. the great war, world war 2, vietnam war, korean war, gulf war etc. too much tradgey and horror has happened in these wars including the holocaust, schools full of children being destroyed, napalm being dropped on villages (how can anyone who has seen that picture of a little girl running down the street crying as her skins melts from the napalm america dropped), innocents killed, nuclear bombs dropped and the list goes on - it resolves nothing.

Thank You

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Nostromoo

• Lil Geezy
  • Ermintrude is my mum
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2003, 09:23:09 AM »
Personally, I say no... we should not go to war... the reason we are going is to destroy Iraq's "weapons of mass destruction"  ... the reason I quote that is because.. we have no proof of such weapons... secondly... we have weapons... and  so why shouldn't other countries? I mean, yes, weapons are useless and cause nothing but more violence, but to go around  and say "put your missiles away" is stupid.... when you threatening to point a missile right at them...

-Bluey
There may be no proof that they have weapons. But, there IS PROOF that they had weapons of mass destruction in the past yet they can provide NO PROOF that they have destroyed them, which is what they claimed happened. One can read this either way but my belief is that the Iraqi position of simply just denying they have weapons and goading Hans Blix into finding them just reinforces the fact they still have them but they are well hidden. To be honest it isn't hard to hide "stocks" of bio/chemical weapons somewhere. So long as they are not currently developing them there are no manufacturing plants and there is little evidence the weapons inspectors will be able to find. Iraq is a big country and there are only a few hundred weapons inspectors. Unless they can systematically dig up the desert and check every building/vehicle in the country all on a single day I will remain unconvinced the Iraqis have destroyed their weapons. Perhaps the weapons are on those ships and that is why is seems unworried about the inspectors looking around his country??? I really don't think it's necessary to find the weapons to know they exist.

Hans Blix: "Iraq must account for the missing items or provide proof of their destruction."

And as much as I don't want there to be a war I think it's the only option left. Even if Hans Blix found weapons what is Saddam gonna do? He'll just kick them out like he did last time is my guess. And without war or the threat of war what can the world do? Just sit around for another decade and hope sanctions magically work this time whilst he gets ready to bomb Israel or something?

Colin Powell: "Force should always be a last resort ... but it should be a resort."

If he doesn't have chem/bio weapons war is unnecessary. But ask yourself this, assume he does have them. Then if you had the option of doing something now, but instead waited for him to attack a neighbour country again and used those weapons, could you deal with it? Put another way, would you rather be proactive and stop a problem before it happens or would you be happy to wait for the problem to happen and then deal with the aftermath?

Perhaps America/UK is being hypocritical because they do have weapons of mass descrtuction but then again, they don't go around attacking their neighbours and oppressing their people with them.

Nostromoo

• Lil Geezy
  • Ermintrude is my mum
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2003, 10:31:21 AM »
If he doesn't have chem/bio weapons war is unnecessary. But ask yourself this, assume he does have them. Then if you had the option of doing something now, but instead waited for him to attack a neighbour country again and used those weapons, could you deal with it? Put another way, would you rather be proactive and stop a problem before it happens or would you be happy to wait for the problem to happen and then deal with the aftermath?
I'm sorry but I wasn't very clear here. What I mean to say is if there is a supposition of guilt without any direct evidence, then should we wait for him to use the weapons (which is proof he has them) before we take action or should we take action before he harms anyone? Obviously if there was evidence of guilt then there would be no problem as unilateral support in the UN would be much easier to obtain. I'm just trying to question whether it's wise to take the risk of believing he doesn't have them. I see the burden of proof that Iraq doesn't have the weapons on Saddam prooving they have destroyed them rather than on anyone else finding them. I honestly don't think the inspectors will find anything in Iraq yet I am convinced he has weapons of mass destruction.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2003, 06:15:35 PM »
i don't care either way

if we don't everybody else in the world will be happy and hopefully quit trying to bag on us and crap. also we can hear something else on the news

if we do. hey saddamn's gone(hopefully) and i got more money to spend on other things besides gas

either way i got a lot more important things to worry about

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

OutSider

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2003, 08:11:38 PM »
today i came in contact with my best friend from high school Josh who told me the news of his sister and her BF were shipped off, Then he broke the news that all our group in High school were alll shipped off... i knew of my friend Geoff, Richard V., Gill, Mario and Larry all being shipped off... but then added to that list of people Sam G, Torrez, lil Salaz, Dennis, Stubby, stonestreet, Tom Boreden and his Lil Sister Mike (inside Joke), lil moses, and pizza man all shipped off about a week to 4 weeks ago...

Man these people were my good friends always hung out together and all hd dream and goals simular to ourselves... Josh is the only one who hasnt been shipped off but is pending his leave... so please keep these people in prayer. man i cant believe this is basically all my friends from high school...  :'(

anyways... i dont know how i feel about this war..