Author Topic: Is Underground Hip-Hop Always Conscious?  (Read 202 times)

2euce 7even

Is Underground Hip-Hop Always Conscious?
« on: August 28, 2012, 07:42:53 AM »
Underground hip hop is often characterized by socially conscious, is it always the case?or they also got some hard shit?
What do artists like rasco, planet asia, visionaires, dilated peoples, defari, hiero-emp,etc. rap about?

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Is Underground Hip-Hop Always Conscious?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 09:04:29 AM »
Of course its not. What do they rap about? Why don't you listen to those artists and find out  ;)

Will_B

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 09:30:49 AM »
Short answer, "no".

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 09:58:36 AM »
hell no.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 10:04:56 AM »
It's about as conscious as mainstream hip-hop, maybe just a little bit more. But underground hip-hop is mainly about boosting and bragging. TRYING to spit lyrical rhymes while putting in some word play. In the end it's a mixed bag between different artist as they try to get a following.

Hood Crawler

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 01:12:13 PM »
I dig underground groups because I get sick of mainstream artists sometimes.  Change it up and rock the boat.

Will_B

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 01:20:02 PM »
It's a corny genre description anyway. Any non gangsta rap could be described as conscious whether it's in any way profound or deep or not. 

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 03:42:07 PM »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 12:29:41 AM »
Even gangsta rap can be conscious. Ice Cube and Pac get labeled gangsta rappers but they were more socially conscious than a lot of these backpackers.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 06:13:24 AM »
Underground hip hop is often characterized by socially conscious, is it always the case?or they also got some hard shit?
What do artists like rasco, planet asia, visionaires, dilated peoples, defari, hiero-emp,etc. rap about?

Underground is just something that is not mainstream. it doesnt define the sound of the music or the content of the lyrics