Author Topic: So Dr. Dre made $110 million last year....  (Read 2187 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
So Dr. Dre made $110 million last year....
« on: August 28, 2012, 08:55:53 PM »
Saw this at hiphopdx.com.

"Dr. Dre comes in fifth on Forbes' prestigious list.

Dr. Dre is the only Hip Hop artist to make this year's Highest-Paid Celebrities list, according to Forbes (via HHNM).

With Oprah Winfrey coming in at number one, the West Coast veteran comes in fifth on the list with a staggering $110 million in earnings. Dre netted that amount when handset maker HTC paid $300 million for a 51 percent stake in his Beats by Dr. Dre company last August. He also made money from music and royalties, but that "pales" in comparison to the money made from his Beats deal.

Other celebs on the list include producer Jerry Bruckheimer at number four ($115 million), Steven spielberg at number three ($130 million) and Michael Bay ($160 million)."

No wonder Detox is at the bottom of his priorities list lol.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: So Dr. Dre made $110 million last year....
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 09:14:08 PM »
LOL. No kidding. He's just pimpin' the industry at this point. But another album would raise his profile.

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 09:45:22 PM »
You know how many sweaters you can buy with that loot?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 03:24:59 AM »
Saw this at hiphopdx.com.

"Dr. Dre comes in fifth on Forbes' prestigious list.

Dr. Dre is the only Hip Hop artist to make this year's Highest-Paid Celebrities list, according to Forbes (via HHNM).

With Oprah Winfrey coming in at number one, the West Coast veteran comes in fifth on the list with a staggering $110 million in earnings. Dre netted that amount when handset maker HTC paid $300 million for a 51 percent stake in his Beats by Dr. Dre company last August. He also made money from music and royalties, but that "pales" in comparison to the money made from his Beats deal.

Other celebs on the list include producer Jerry Bruckheimer at number four ($115 million), Steven spielberg at number three ($130 million) and Michael Bay ($160 million)."

detox will never be released, he couldn't care less about it.
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

doggfather

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 03:26:56 AM »
good for him, but this is the reason why he ain't makin detox...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Matty

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 04:03:37 AM »

pixtr

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 04:06:00 AM »
Ice Cube say something like this: "How you think, what Dre will sell CD for 10$ or headphones for 400$?"
TRUE

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 04:07:35 AM »
no shit...if he needed money, "Detox" woulda been out a long time ago. and it woulda been (one of) the greatest album(s) of all time. no hunger=no motivation...no motivation=no classics

dre could take 15 random leftover beats from "2001", pick 7 random artists out a hat from a handful of artists (Eminem, Kurupt, RBX, Rage, Devin, Hittman, Snoop, 6'2, Mack 10, Busta Rhymes, Knoc-Turnal, Ice Cube, MC Ren, DJ Quik, King-T, WC, Nas, Kokane, Rakim, Daz, Crooked I, Xzibit, Ras Kass, etc.), have them bring their a-game on each track, and it'd be a modern day classic- hands-down, no questions asked. it's just not needed, from his perspective. will he ever feel the need? who knows. but this cashflow from the headphones aint helpin the cause.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 04:28:13 AM by NIKCC »

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 04:16:58 AM »
At this point , it's a good thing Detox will never come out ... releasing an album with Alex Da Kid , Boi-1da beats , eurodance samples and his current garbage voice would badly hurt his legacy

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 04:18:45 AM »
Plus, you can't download a pair of headphones for free...

Remember that Eminem video where Em and Dre are superheroes and they stop a kid from burning a CD of mp3s...
And Dre was one of the guys who took on Napster...

So he probably thought, well if you're going to download all my work for free, fuck y'all,
I'll put my name to something that can't be downloaded...

I reckon he'll only ever put Detox out once he's more confident that it won't just get bootlegged into oblivion,
because he obviously is concerned about that from what he's done in the past like the Em video and the Napster thing...

pixtr

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 04:20:07 AM »
no shit...if he needed money, "Detox" woulda been out a long time ago. and it woulda been (one of the) the greatest album(s) of all time. no hunger=no motivation...no motivation=no classics
I don't think so he made $100 mln by release album in these days, if you wanna made album you need a lot of time you must be focus on it and you stiil in "work"

What are the difficulties by sellin headphones

dnjp4life

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 04:20:20 AM »
In HMV yesterday in the 'urban' section they had a little advertisment for Detox which had the release date as 06/08/2012  :)

doggfather

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 05:03:57 AM »
Ice Cube say something like this: "How you think, what Dre will sell CD for 10$ or headphones for 400$?"
TRUE

yeah, true...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Will_B

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 05:20:16 AM »
Plus, you can't download a pair of headphones for free...

Remember that Eminem video where Em and Dre are superheroes and they stop a kid from burning a CD of mp3s...
And Dre was one of the guys who took on Napster...

So he probably thought, well if you're going to download all my work for free, fuck y'all,
I'll put my name to something that can't be downloaded...

I reckon he'll only ever put Detox out once he's more confident that it won't just get bootlegged into oblivion,
because he obviously is concerned about that from what he's done in the past like the Em video and the Napster thing...

This guy knows where it's at^^

Hittman, Knoc and King T all got bootlegged before retail. Albums got shelved indefinitely

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 06:16:44 AM »
Dre is too old to put a new hiphop-album out
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 07:14:43 AM by Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation) »