Author Topic: So Dr. Dre made $110 million last year....  (Read 2185 times)

Sccit

Re: So Dr. Dre made $110 million last year....
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 11:35:25 AM »
Plus, you can't download a pair of headphones for free...

Remember that Eminem video where Em and Dre are superheroes and they stop a kid from burning a CD of mp3s...
And Dre was one of the guys who took on Napster...

So he probably thought, well if you're going to download all my work for free, fuck y'all,
I'll put my name to something that can't be downloaded...

I reckon he'll only ever put Detox out once he's more confident that it won't just get bootlegged into oblivion,
because he obviously is concerned about that from what he's done in the past like the Em video and the Napster thing...

This guy knows where it's at^^

Hittman, Knoc and King T all got bootlegged before retail. Albums got shelved indefinitely

the albums werent shelved because they got bootlegged, they were shelved because dre/iovine knew they werent going platinum.

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 05:54:09 PM »

It's called a smash and grab, if it exist and has a $ sign attached it's stealable.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 11:51:58 PM »

LOL @ iovine, WTF he's doing ?  :D
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 11:52:49 PM »
casually flippin the world off

HighEyeCue

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 11:12:12 AM »

Remember that Eminem video where Em and Dre are superheroes and they stop a kid from burning a CD of mp3s...

So he probably thought, well if you're going to download all my work for free, fuck y'all,

I reckon he'll only ever put Detox out once he's more confident that it won't just get bootlegged into oblivion,
because he obviously is concerned about that from what he's done in the past like the Em video and the Napster thing...

Hittman, Knoc and King T all got bootlegged before retail. Albums got shelved indefinitely

the albums werent shelved because they got bootlegged, they were shelved because dre/iovine knew they werent going platinum.

both points are valid, I tend to go with the not going platinum one myself though

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 11:57:35 AM »

yea Dre decided to shelve teh King T-album cuz he wasnt happy wit the rating in The Source, according to Ronin Ro's book

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2012, 02:49:30 PM »
what a fucking loss forDre and Iovene to spend all hte time on those albums and get nothing out of it lol

ttpac

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2012, 06:33:46 PM »
Dre's love for money has obviously become stronger than his passion & love for hip hop; otherwise Detox would have been out a long time ago.  The word sellout would probably be the best word to describe the good doctor.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 09:48:12 PM »
Dre's love for money has obviously become stronger than his passion & love for hip hop; otherwise Detox would have been out a long time ago.  The word sellout would probably be the best word to describe the good doctor.

yep

he didn't even want to do the 2001 album and because of that he only had 2 solo songs on a 21 song release

dude clearly has no passion for rapping as a solo artist.  even the Chronic had quite a few songs without Dre rapping on them (Lyrical Gangbang, Stranded on DR and High Speed).  but still that CD felt like a Dr. Dre album.  2001 felt like a compilation with Dre rapping a lot on it.

and has Dre ever wrote any lyrics ever?

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 10:08:31 PM »

How is he a sellout though? Dre has always cared about sound quality. The beats line is the perfect product for him, and actually represents what he's about. He's not endorsing some bullshit company that has nothing to do with him. The word sell out gets thrown around way too much.

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 10:42:24 PM »

this is true...as great as a producer as Dre is, he lost his passion for hip-hop long ago. otherwise, rakim, king-t, hittman, etc. woulda all dropped

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2012, 10:44:14 PM »

How is he a sellout though? Dre has always cared about sound quality. The beats line is the perfect product for him, and actually represents what he's about. He's not endorsing some bullshit company that has nothing to do with him. The word sell out gets thrown around way too much.

he cares about his legacy above all else

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 10:44:27 PM »
anyone got a link to all the songs he did with King T?

Sikotic™

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 10:48:05 PM »
Do people really want a Detox album? Y'all heard the tracks coming out of that shit. It was turrible. It's best to just put out 2 classics and just stop while you're ahead. He's making more money sitting at home, pumping steroids in his ass and hanging out with his boytoys in the Caribbean anyway.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 10:50:05 PM »

he cares about his legacy above all else

And how does making millions off a music related product like headphones tarnish that legacy?