Author Topic: So Dr. Dre made $110 million last year....  (Read 2183 times)

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: So Dr. Dre made $110 million last year....
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2012, 10:00:14 AM »
Didnt Dre and Snoop have a concept for a duet album? i forgot what it was called, but I remember the idea re-surfaced and they were planning on releasing it again as "The Wash" soundtrack. they should just do that now, considering theyre both in a very grey area and they do bring the best out each other. if there ever was a time, this is it.
Everyone hated on "Kush" though, even though I still fuck with that track.
"kush" was a good cut... That was just a feature, tho. If Dre n Snoop got together and worked on a full album, the results would be special.

I dont think it would be special at all. Snoop hasnt released anythin good for years.

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2012, 10:23:14 AM »
Didnt Dre and Snoop have a concept for a duet album? i forgot what it was called, but I remember the idea re-surfaced and they were planning on releasing it again as "The Wash" soundtrack. they should just do that now, considering theyre both in a very grey area and they do bring the best out each other. if there ever was a time, this is it.
"kush" was a good cut... That was just a feature, tho. If Dre n Snoop got together and worked on a full album, the results would be special.

I dont think it would be special at all. Snoop hasnt released anythin good for years.

everything he's ever released with dre has ranged from dope to great.

Sikotic™

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2012, 11:26:02 PM »
Kush wasn't that good IMO. It definitely wasnt bad, but outta all the Dre and Snoop collabos, that was the weakest one. Its still dope by 2012 standards though.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sccit

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2012, 11:58:06 PM »
Kush wasn't that good IMO. It definitely wasnt bad, but outta all the Dre and Snoop collabos, that was the weakest one. Its still dope by 2012 standards though.

if it woulda been nate instead akon, shit woulda been classic...like u said, still a good track by 2012 standards, though.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2012, 12:24:15 AM »

I still bang it. It was playin' at the clubs for a long time here when it came out. I haven't heard that many people dislike it, except on here of course.

Yeah I still play it quite a bit actually, I thought it was a good look for a street single, although I could of done without Akon.

Will_B

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2012, 02:40:11 AM »
Kush was the only good Dre record to drop. Probably coz Snoop was on board. No fanboy!

bouli77

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2012, 04:04:00 AM »
the recipe was better than Kush as Kendrick outrapped Snoop, whose verses were kinda lukewarm (i've heard worse from him though). Kush was kinda legit, though.

Will_B

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2012, 04:59:59 AM »
Agreed recipe was better, but Kush was a Dre record...if u know what I mean

Matty

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2012, 05:23:39 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9egqr1iOrUc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9egqr1iOrUc</a>

Sccit

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2012, 05:58:29 AM »
the recipe was better than Kush as Kendrick outrapped Snoop, whose verses were kinda lukewarm (i've heard worse from him though). Kush was kinda legit, though.

"Kush" had a better beat and stronger presence. Also, didnt have Dre doin that weird ass flow. I say "Kush" was the better cut. Both were good, tho.

bouli77

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2012, 01:24:06 PM »

makes sense

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2012, 06:07:09 AM »

that's not true, I need a doctor got shitted on a lot more.
it's just that some were disappointed ( including myself). there was a poll about it, most voters like the song: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=258436.0

i still think it's not a great song, they can do better. i like the beat though, it definitely grew on me

dexter

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2012, 08:49:55 AM »

makes sense
8)

Okka

« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2012, 10:52:10 AM »
Kush was the only good Dre record to drop. Probably coz Snoop was on board. No fanboy!

"Topless" was good too, it's a shame we didn't get to hear the finished version.

Sccit

« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2012, 12:29:44 PM »

"Topless" was good too, it's a shame we didn't get to hear the finished version.

An album fulla songs like "kush", "topless", "Louis XIII" = instant classic