Author Topic: Above The Law - Time Will Reveal  (Read 421 times)

Kaidy

Re:Above The Law - Time Will Reveal
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2003, 10:55:40 AM »
everyone should get Legends too. I put that right up there with Uncle Sam's Curse, I couldnt choose a favorite between those two. The musical ideas on those records are just incredible. Deep Az The Root is one of my favorite songs ever

gFuNkA

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2003, 12:45:34 PM »
speaking about ATL..im listening to "Process Of Elimination"..damn, one of the best ATL tracks, 187´s flow is too hot..and the bass is fucking up the whole track  >:(

S.G.V.

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2003, 10:15:19 PM »
yea this shit is coo...i listen to it at work all the time...cuz on the computer there it doesnt have a cd rom...so i listen to shit on launch...and i made my own radio station on there...and ATL plays often...always groovin to killaz in the park...lol...play it real low tho so no one bitches

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2003, 03:02:18 AM »
yea this album is tight.. ATL are one of the most overlooked groups ever...

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2003, 05:41:11 AM »
Damon X recently talked about Above The Law's '98 independent release "Crime Filez" which was a compilation mostly produced by Big Hutch. Does anyone have that album?

tnp

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2003, 08:00:07 PM »

Endonesia was the second single/video released. ATL wanted Killaz In The Park to be the first video/single, not 100 Spokes, but Tommy Boy demanded more radio and video exposure and thought that 100 Spokes and Endonesia would accomplish that. The ideas we had for Killa'z video would of been some hardore west coast shit but..............................you know how major labels go, they bitch up for real, especially when they don't know west-coast history.

My favorite track on that album has to be "Shout 2 The True"

Thanks for that info, I would have loved to see a Killaz video. And yeah Legends is dope too, I love Karma, LA Vibe, Set Trippin, Soliciting...the whole album. Livin Like Hustlers to Black Mafia Life to Uncle Sam's Curse to Time Will Reveal to Legends is an incredible string of quality albums. And yeah I like Forever too, I just don't think many people gave it much of a chance.

peace,
tnp

Kaidy

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2003, 08:22:11 PM »
I like Forever too, I just don't think many people gave it much of a chance.

peace,
tnp

yea I like that cd too, it had plenty of bangers. Pawns, Black MOB, P-I-M-P, Respect, Marvin. i liked the whole futuristic vibe, shit was tight to me.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2003, 08:22:46 PM by Kaidy »

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2003, 04:44:32 AM »
nice to see that atl gettin some love in here
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2003, 07:52:56 AM »
I like Forever too, I just don't think many people gave it much of a chance.

peace,
tnp

yea I like that cd too, it had plenty of bangers. Pawns, Black MOB, P-I-M-P, Respect, Marvin. i liked the whole futuristic vibe, shit was tight to me.

i liked forever rich thugs from the first day i bought it and a few days later i bought the hutch solo and i must say that both albums had some very cool production. i was a lil bit pissed tho cuz i bought the forever rich thugs with that 2killas remix (bonus track) and the sound quality was hella bad and it was a clean edit on a explicit cd. i cant understand why westworld cant release that dope track in nice quality & explicit. i mean what is the point? why did they release a bad quality track on a high quality cd?!?!? later damon told the fans that atl wanna release that single cd with fuck u hutch and the 2killas remix... but this project never saw daylight. the 2killas remix was off the hizzook! atl should give the fans that 2killas remix for free dowload on abvdlaw.com IMO....

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2003, 07:59:32 AM »
nice to see that atl gettin some love in here

always have ;)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2003, 08:20:40 AM »
time will reveal is tigit foshiggidale, and forever rich thugs is still tight just not as tight as the other releases

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris