Author Topic: LOL@Hitler Store  (Read 610 times)

Sccit

LOL@Hitler Store
« on: August 29, 2012, 12:54:09 PM »
'Hitler' clothing store stirs anger in India

The owner of an Indian clothing store said Wednesday that he would only change its name from "Hitler" if he was compensated for re-branding costs, amid a growing row over the new shop.
The outlet, which sells Western men's wear, opened 10 days ago in Ahmedabad city in the western state of Gujarat with "Hitler" written in big letters over the front and with a Nazi swastika as the dot on the "i".
"I will change it (the name) if people want to compensate me for the money we have spent -- the logo, the hoarding, the business cards, the brand," Rajesh Shah told AFP.
He put the total costs at about 150,000 rupees ($2,700).
Shah insisted that until the store opened he did not know who Adolf Hitler was and that Hitler was a nickname given to the grandfather of his store partner because "he was very strict".
"I didn't know how much the name would disturb people," he told AFP by telephone from Ahmedabad. "It was only when the store opened I learnt Hitler had killed six million people."
Members of the tiny Jewish community in Ahmedabad condemned the store's name, while a senior Israeli diplomat said the embassy would raise the matter "in the strongest possible way."
"People use such names mostly out of ignorance," Israel's Mumbai Consul General Orna Sagiv told AFP.
[Related: 11 Urban Outfitters clothing controversies]
Esther David, a prominent Indian writer in Ahmedabad who is Jewish, said she was "disturbed and distressed" by the shop, but added that some Indians used the word "Hitler" casually to describe autocratic people.
David said Jewish residents had sought to change Shah's mind about the store's name and told him about the Holocaust.
The row evoked memories of a controversy six years ago when a Mumbai restaurant owner called his cafe "Hitler's Cross" and put a swastika on the hoarding, claiming Hitler was a "catchy" name.
The restaurant owner eventually agreed to change the name after protests by the Israeli embassy, Germany and the US Anti-Defamation League.
Hitler attracts an unusual degree of respect in some parts of India, with his book "Mein Kampf" a popular title in bookshops and on street stalls.
Gujarat schoolbooks issued by the Hindu nationalist state government were criticised a few years ago for praising Hitler as someone who gave "dignity and prestige" to the German government.

http://news.yahoo.com/hitler-clothing-store-stirs-anger-india-133743884.html

Sikotic™

Re: LOL@Hitler Store
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 05:19:54 PM »
Gujarat schoolbooks issued by the Hindu nationalist state government were criticised a few years ago for praising Hitler as someone who gave "dignity and prestige" to the German government.

LOL
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 04:47:46 AM »
 lol.
 Theres kinda similar shit in Japan and South Korea.

Thailand;

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 04:57:18 AM »

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 05:08:30 AM »

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 05:31:06 AM »

Ok think i got a bit carried away. That took about an hour too^^;

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 08:19:09 AM »
wtf  :-X

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 08:28:40 AM »
smh, gooks  :grumpy:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:40:57 AM by Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation) »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 09:13:46 AM »

apparently Asian people either don't know anything about hstory or think that Hitler is just utterly hilarious

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 01:53:08 PM »
lmfao@the Hitler Ronald McDonals

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 02:36:11 PM »
This thread is exactly what the world would be like if The Axis Powers won WWII.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 02:46:33 PM »
This thread is exactly what the world would be like if The Axis Powers won WWII.

minus me

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 07:23:55 PM »

apparently Asian people either don't know anything about hstory or think that Hitler is just utterly hilarious
Considering They were Allies to Germany, and have even washed history of they own actions (The rapes) It wouldn't amaze me that they don't consider it a serious thing. I've always wondered what German History in a german classroom would perceive the events in question (Pure Negative, Postive, or more probably a mixture of the two). I mean even America forgets ignores the Camps we built for the Japanese citizens during that period, but can't wait to portray Nazi Germany and all it's imagery and stigmas. People have white-washed WII we forget it wasn't for some glorious crusade to stop evil, but because we were forced into the war via an attack. Of course given the way government works, everything can't be taken at face value.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 08:51:14 PM »
Disturbing stuff.  Even more distubring than the scene on southland where a bigot couple bitched at police because a black baker wouln't put a swatsika on their racist cake for their son Adolf  :grumpy:  These would be more likable  ;D

Now this pic I wish all these nazis would do 4 the greater good of earth hell  :D

« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 09:25:42 PM by DJ SUGAFREE QUIK »

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 11:19:03 PM »
 yeah well admittedly lots of those pics were at conventions/events and stuff so thats kind of  reason to dress like that. But it is hard to understand the bars and toys and anime and that.
 I've heard that the Japanese dont get educated about world war II in school but not sure if thats true.

But yeah The Japanese were allied so theres that connection and they both wanted to rule and didnt believe in surrender. But i think now so much time has passed and Germany and Japan are so different now that it probably dosent seem like a big deal or thing. Like prince Harry dressing like that at a dress up party.
 Both nations been peaceful for so long he newer generations that havent experienced that shit first hand, the shit dosent seem like a big deal, i mean that shit that happened dosent seem real.
 But of course theres still Americans and Australians that despise the Japanese for the past.

On another note, the Japanese, whilst rather westernized in some areas, and idolising white people(seemingly) and think black people are cool and etc(they love western music, baseball, etc), they do seem to be a fairly racist race.
 Shit dosent add up. The are very traditional yet very western, seemingly obsessed with western culture yet seem racist(Japan superiority complex, portraying blacks in certain ways and black face, the nazi shit, Americans being stupid in anime etc) , westernized but apparently fairly non English speaking.
 Anyways looking forward to going there  8)
 I love it, traditional kimono's and temples and then crazy citys and vending machines, robots and technology. So polite and clean and then theres the perverted shit  ;D
 Anyone want me to bring back some used panties? lol

Oh and lol at those pics.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 11:22:35 PM by KrazySumwhat »