Author Topic: Your views on school  (Read 259 times)

HBKid_Jr

Your views on school
« on: November 18, 2001, 08:15:26 PM »
I dont want some bull shit post about I hate it an,  i want an explanation for your views.

In my opinion,  I think there is way too much emphasize on school,  half tha shit we learn we will never use an tha classes that actually have some use for u cant be taught unless you pass tha bull shit classes.  I hate how they force you to do it there way b/c your way isnt good enough,  I see this especially in math,   sure they want you to get thinkin but when your in tha real world are they goin care how you got tha answer,  NO,  all they care about is that your answer is right.  I hate how they that most of tha stuff we learned is just rehashed wit new words to confuse you.  I hate tha fact that in school that a person like me,  that is very smart just goes to waste,   They cater to tha very good student an tha very bad student,  but a student like me that is an alright student just falls through tha cracks of tha system an ends passin every year even though they do jack shit an nobody seems to notice them.  Tha problem with that is that tha student ends up gettin tha mind set that school is useless an they convince themselves of that an they end up learnin nutin in school,  hell thats what happened to me.  Hell I wanna pass math but I cant b/c im so convinced its useless that i cant,  i have no ambition to go to extra help.  Look at tha students that drop out,  there not tha smart students,  its not tha stupid ones,  its mostly tha average student that fell through tha cracks of tha system b/c no1 ever gave a fuck about them.  Wit smart students it's ok we got to keep givin them new stuff to learn b4 they get bored wit school, than wit tha stupid students,  its ok we gotta spend most of our time wit them so they dont fall to far behind,  than wit tha average student,  its fuck um b/c they find a way to pass an fall through tha cracks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
Re: Your views on school
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2001, 08:33:19 PM »
word, like they teach so much math shit which we aint gonna use when we grow up,  so fuck it damnit

but skoo is important, soo muc hsit is important as well, jus learn to liv wid it

-{bLaDe}

lisn to Dead prezz-They Schools  ;D
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2001, 08:53:35 PM »
i think education is neccecary and you should soke in everything that they teach you

but ALOT of it  after 8th grade is shit that's just repeated from grade school and jr. high.....and i'm in ADVANCED CLASSES TOO!! either i went to a very advanced grade and jr high school's or highschool's are just lazy

it frustrates me on how they force us to learn and teach us shit that should be electives and shit we should learn about in if we want to and that are soooooo fucking trivial and useless in life

they need to teach us REAL shit....seriously i like math but why in the fuck do IIIIIIIII need to know how to graph y= -1/2(x-4) to the 2nd power =6???????? useless

why in the fuck in english class do i have to write essays on 4 word poems by shitty poets like xi chien and luis woodard? and the fucking teacher doens't even grade the fucking papers on how articulateand acurate the translation of the poem is or it all the grammar is right....he just grades it on how many words are in the essay....and this is suppose to be an HONORS class?

history is important and i can' front on any of that shit

why should i HAVE to take 3 years of spanish? yeah it's good to know 2 languages in life but seriously you should only take spanish if you plan to live in the barrio and love it....and even after 3 years they don't teach you much about speaking spanish ....you forget 90% of it durig the summer

god i could go on and on about how useless alot of the shit they teach in highschool is

they should teach

for history-US history freshman year, world history (western) sophamore year, world history (eastern) junior year, and for senior year they should go into depth about how governments are ran  especially ours

for math-up until you pas geomitry it should be a choice if you want to continue your math education or not becuase you  ceriously don't need anything after geomitry unless your going to be a mathematcian or architect.....so you should learn that shitin college

they shouldn't force english down our throats anymore if you know your verb and adjectives and all that hooplaw already and literatur and poetry should be electives instead, because basically the only people who learn when it comes to that shit is the people who actully like that stuff, and if you dont take english they should teach you shit you can actually use like how to apply for a job or college reserch and shit like that

i gott a lot to say but it's late so i'll continue this later

BUT i will say this knowledge is POWER....the more knowledge you have the more powerful you are

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2001, 09:10:50 PM »
I used to think the same way as y'all til I sat down and thought real hard about school and this is what I figured out:

Elementary thru High school is where they teach us a broad and general portion of what we need to know in life, some of it we will use and some of it we wont. Everyone is an individual and you can't cater specifically to everyone so the best way is to teach broadly and even things that are unnecessary. We should even take in the things that are unneccesary so they may come in useful one day.

School is also about mind expansion. We only use 10% of our brains you know. Just like Jake said we should absorbed everything we learn like a sponge.

And the whole reason we do algebra and equations and other stuff that seems unneccesary is for problem solving. I even apply some of the methods in real life and they are very helpful. I don't understand why we gotta write big essays in English either but I guess its for practice on our grammar and spelling, not that we don't get enough posting here constantly.

And whats wrong with repeating things? Practice makes perfect and the whole point of changing terms for things is to make it less boring and more difficult just like it should be.

I think education is necessary especially in our lifetimes.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2001, 03:14:01 AM »
Sikotic Is 100% Right.  If You Wanna Run Faster, Then You Run Often.  If You Wanna Jump Higher, Than You Jump More Than Usual.  If You Wanna Be Strong, You Lift Weights Heavier Than you Need To.  If You Wanna Sing Well, You Sing Songs Harder Than What You Need To Sing, And If You Want To Expand Your Mind, You Stretch It Farther Than It Needs To Be Stretched.  That's Just How It Works; You Do EXTREMELY Hard Math Problems, So That The Simple Math Problems Are Candy, And You Learn How To Lay Out Algebra Equations, So That When You're Trying To Decide Whether To Start The Turkey Or The Stuffing First, It's Easy, LOL.

By The Way, Always Remember Too, When In Rome, Do As The Romans Do.  In Other Words, You're Wasting Your Time Complaining About Something You Cannot Change... Go With The Flow On School (It's Temporary, And The Was Society Is Set Up, Necessary), And Change The Other Things In Your Life You Do Have Control Over.

peace

Ro J. Simpson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Riddim Killa!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2001, 03:20:47 AM »
word. sikotic n trauma..

school is the best days of your life..seriously..when u hit college u think..i wanna go back to skool..enjoy skool to the fullest..wreck everything..get high at lunch n break..kuss the teachers..do loads fo fucked up shit to reflect on later on in life

while the fuck out, fuck every1, do crazxy shit all day everyday thats my advice but at the same time..make sure ur up to date with your work..and make sure that your course work (which is your work over the year) is good, your gonna need it in the long run..trust me

peace
2i love you dont ever fucking question that, that's why we'll probably never get along, if i was better at finding the right words to say i wouldnt need to write these mothafuckin songs" / Atmosphere -'Dont ever fucking question that'

It's too much weight to be juggling
who do you picture when you think about struggling
Kids in the bed, no food stomach bubbilin
or Niggas in the E-class heavy drug smugglin / Xzibit - At the speed of life

Murrow

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2001, 07:49:22 AM »
I'm in school right now... 8)

Dope Money Clean

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2001, 08:53:08 AM »
fuck school .   all the shit ive learned in  life  didnt come from the classes i took  and the teachers that taught it .   i graduated with a   1.8  ......... my counselor was like   "I DONT HOW THE HELL U PULLED THAT OFF BUT YOUR GRADUATING"   LOL.  
im  a  pretty  religious person ......... i have a strong faith in God .  So  thats where  alot of  my  knowledge comes from . Just  knowledge about Life .   i refused to  do any work in  algebra   ........ i agree  it will make u   utilize your brain    but  i was like fuck that    what if  someone  pulls a  gun on me    i need to learn how to deal with  real life situations and communicate  positively with   the  people on this earth .  
i guess it just  depends on the type of person  u  are  ..........   i took some of them  personality tests  and  i found that  imma   "Dreamer" /  "Spiritual"  Type .  
to me school  was  alot of  fun because  i enjoy interacting  with different types of people   and just act a fool    basically .  but the  academics part   wasnt  too  important to me .    even  Drivers Ed   was some str8  bullshit  .  and thats  one of them real life situation kinda classes  lol .  
classes that i felt were important  were   :  
Spanish - ( with all the  diversity in the world today  , its  really  beneficial to be able to speak another language)
Health / Sex Ed -    i think this class  should be taught every year  from  Kindergarten to  12th grade .  our health  is somethin  we cant ignore.
P.E.  -   shit ......... i just loved to play sports  so i loved PE .  

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2001, 09:35:24 AM »
In NY they dont teach health untill 11th grade b/c they feel we are not mature enough yet,  by tha time we learn health we have already decided to smoke or not,  drink, an everything else they consider bad.  IN Ny we have a thing called tha regents which really prevents us from learning some useful stuff b/c we are forced to learn the cirliculum (sp,  instead of teachin me pointless bull shit they can teach me how to spell my words right),  hell i even heard my teachers complain about it.  Tha problem wit a student like me is,  I fall through tha cracks of tha system,  Im an average student but tha thing is when i slightly fall behind they expect that i understand it eventually but in reality i slowly fall behind an it eventually becomes a snowball effect.  When i was younger back like in 7th grade I wanted to be in tha slower math class,   they wouldnt put me in it cuz i was too smart,  I was barely passin the class,  in 8th grade i passes with a 65 average,  in 9th grade i passed with a 65,  in 10th i failed with a 60 but i think that was due to having a really shitty teacher,  in 11th i passed wit a 69,  an so far this year for tha first quater i failed wit a 57,  my test average was 38,  for god sakes my poor math grades could of been prevented but no tha school finally decide to put me in a slower math class last year but tha thing was it was too late i was already to tha point of which i couldnt give a fuck what i did in math.  I truly feel deep down in my heart tha math im learnin this year is useless,  thus I dont learn anything new,  its like my brain blocks it out.  I even told my teacher math was useless cuz he was makin a ass outta me in class an he flipped on me.  He once asked me if I cared if i passed of failed an i didnt know what to say cuz i dont give a fuck.  Why dont try an get more classes to try an appeal to other asspects of life,  why should we just be confined to tha senseless bull shit they teach us now.  Instead of tha school having teachers followin students around to try to give them detention slips,  why not durin that part of day make tha teacher have an extra help session,  how many kids want to go after school for extra help.  Also when a student gets susupended rather it be in school or outta of school suspension,  tha student misses a whole day school,  that is tha students goal to miss a whole day of school.  Why dont they get rid of suspension,  if you really want tha kid to learn a lesson why not make him/her stay after school for 3 hours,  you may say,  well that is not fair to tha teacher,  why not hire a person that strictly does that,  why b/c it aint in tha budget.  Why dont they have some kind of personalitty test in order to get an idea of what that particular student would like to learn,  what that would be too much trouble for tha school to do.  I feel more than half tha shit ive learned in highschool has been a completet waste,   school has killed any dreams I had for myself

Doggystylin

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2001, 11:28:06 AM »
just think......if we werent in school , we would be fuckin retarted, i think sikotic is on point, and even if they dont teach us everything they teach us enough so that we can go out and learn about other stuff ourselves, i dont like school much, but its neccesary

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2001, 11:47:07 AM »
Hey school isn't the highlight of my life either, I just understand it's neccesary.

But I could give a fuck about school right now since I got the whole week off  8) 8) 8)
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

NEW_MINORITY

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2001, 12:19:51 PM »
yo school is important man but the only thing that pisses me off is when you go to college for your first 2 years.......its just like fucking high school where you HAVE to take general requirements like math, social science, history, english, etc. i mean i want to go into music stuff but damn, they told me everybody have to take these GENERAL shit first to complete the requirements BEFORE majoring into what you would like to do which sucks cuz i hate doing math, english, history, science all that shit i hate

Siberian_Wolf

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FREE OL DIRTY!!!
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2001, 03:00:50 PM »
Man fuck school....... 70% of what they give is garbage... Carthagen wars, preparation of a frog, logarithms - all that shit never gets a use from me nowadays..... The same at college. Education needs to be revolutionized, they just stuck in unnecessity.
I be one of those tall skinny cats with the four-nine
Three-eleven that rips through Power-U's and breaks spines
I culture power-tuggin' boys who be drunk, buggin'
Lovin' loud noise from toys, club thuggin'
Sweet chocolate deluxe, rugged, sexy buttercup
That don't give a fuck about the cop in the club
RZA in DO U

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2001, 03:03:54 PM »
dont get me wrong,  we need school but tha problem i have is how they teach us bull shit,  sure its get us thinkin but tha thing is why waste our time with absolute bull shit wit no purpose in our life

CodeCaine

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • reppin for the south, North Cackalac fool
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2001, 05:32:10 PM »
i absloutley hate school...i would rather eat out my boss debbie than go to school(ask tom she is a fat bitch)...i hate school cuz i dont do good, i wished that i did good and i act like i dont give a fuck when i get a 14 on a english quiz or fail english wit a 60 but i want to do better...we have this thing up here in new york called B.O.C.E.S. its a different school that you can go to for half of tha day to learn a specific skill...i am learning how to build houses...i kinda like building things with wood but tha REAL reason i am going there is cuz my guiadance counselor told me that going there would be tha easiest way and one of tha only ways for me to get out of high school...so i go..its kinda like a school for bad ass kids who need sum easy credits to graduate...tha other reason i hate school is cuz these fuckin stuck up rich ass preppy kids make me sick...they be drivin to school in fuckin brand new cars, get everything handed to them, they are sum fuckin lil bitch ass pussies who think that if they keepin callin each other "son" and wear School of Hard Knocks clothes that they are fuckin hard and gangsta but they are fuckin bitches...damnit i hate them muthafuckas...im'a quit typing cuz thinkin bout this is makin me angry so peace out....and after i graduate i'm be sayin like pac said in lil homies "i got my diploma but i never learned shit in school "
It's CodeKane fool
Everybody knows Carolina's my home, this is my heart baby, this is my soul.

Folks think I'm out of my mind
I'm out of line a lot of times
I don't give a fuck bout guidelines
Do what I wanna do, when I wanna do it
You-you ain't like what I'm doin', you ain't got to
Petey Pab

Plus a buncha country boys wit gats, you don't want none-a that
-Scales