Author Topic: Your views on school  (Read 258 times)

Big BpG

Re: Your views on school
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2001, 08:23:05 PM »
I agree with Sikotic and Trauma...  School is not just about learning... its about growing up in life... how to handle it.... facing challenges... when you finnaly get out of it... you will be prepared... without school, you have to fight ten times harder ...

-Big BpG
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

infinite59

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2001, 01:27:40 AM »

Sikotic Is 100% Right.  If You Wanna Run Faster, Then You Run Often.  If You Wanna Jump Higher, Than You Jump More Than Usual.  If You Wanna Be Strong, You Lift Weights Heavier Than you Need To.  If You Wanna Sing Well, You Sing Songs Harder Than What You Need To Sing, And If You Want To Expand Your Mind, You Stretch It Farther Than It Needs To Be Stretched.  That's Just How It Works; You Do EXTREMELY Hard Math Problems, So That The Simple Math Problems Are Candy, And You Learn How To Lay Out Algebra Equations, So That When You're Trying To Decide Whether To Start The Turkey Or The Stuffing First, It's Easy, LOL.

By The Way, Always Remember Too, When In Rome, Do As The Romans Do.  In Other Words, You're Wasting Your Time Complaining About Something You Cannot Change... Go With The Flow On School (It's Temporary, And The Was Society Is Set Up, Necessary), And Change The Other Things In Your Life You Do Have Control Over.

peace

As usual I couldn't disagree more with Trauma, although Trauma does win an occasional point with me.  Anyway, When in Rome do as the Romans do is Bullshit.  We aren't supposed to be sheep, dumb, ignorant sheep, we are all unique individuals.  And it is the schools job to reach me as an individual.  Especially at a young age. I was dealing with serious problems at home, and school was only making life worse for me.  To me, it seems like they are only trying to serve a certain way of thinking, a certain way of life.  

I was alot like Tom187um.  Tom187um always comes correct.  They cater to the the 'smart' kids, who are really just the regular sheep, conforming to an outdated system just because they're parents said to... and the kids like me who have a different angle on life, they don't have anything to offer us.

I'm older now, and I pray that I'll atleast be able to go to college and get my associates degree so I can substitute teach, and make school more real to the students, and reach the students, instead of making them reach me, num sayin... peace.

infinite59

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2001, 01:49:52 AM »
2pac's thoughts on school, in his words.......(From the book Holler If You Hear Me)

"I think that we got so caught up in school being a tradition that we stopped using it as a learning tool, which it should be.....I'm learning about the basics, but they're not basic for me... To get us ready for today's world, the present curriculum is not helping"

"We're being taught to deal with this fairyland, which we're not even living in anymore.  And it's sad, 'cause I'm telling you, and it should not be me telling you.  It should be common knowledge."

"They tend to teach you to read, write and do arithmetic, then teach you reading writing and arithmetic again, then again, and again, to keep you busy"

"There should be a class on drugs, and class on sex, the real shit, class on scams, class on religous cults, class on police brutality, class on aparthied, class on racism in America, class on why people are hungry, class on how to understand double talk, because polotics is double-talk"

"They'll let you go as far as you want, but as soon as you start asking too many questions, and your' ready for change, boom, that block will come"

Peace.

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2001, 10:16:52 AM »
STAY IN SCHOOL... YOU DON'T WANT TO WORK IN FAST FOOD ALL YOUR LIFE TRUST ME... BESIDE IT OPEN YOUR MIND TO NEW IDEAS AND WAYS OF LIFE...UI CAN'T WAIT TILL SPRING WHEN I GO BACK... LOL...

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2001, 10:43:40 AM »

As usual I couldn't disagree more with Trauma, although Trauma does win an occasional point with me.  Anyway, When in Rome do as the Romans do is Bullshit.  We aren't supposed to be sheep, dumb, ignorant sheep, we are all unique individuals.  And it is the schools job to reach me as an individual.  Especially at a young age. I was dealing with serious problems at home, and school was only making life worse for me.  To me, it seems like they are only trying to serve a certain way of thinking, a certain way of life.  

I was alot like Tom187um.  Tom187um always comes correct.  They cater to the the 'smart' kids, who are really just the regular sheep, conforming to an outdated system just because they're parents said to... and the kids like me who have a different angle on life, they don't have anything to offer us.

I'm older now, and I pray that I'll atleast be able to go to college and get my associates degree so I can substitute teach, and make school more real to the students, and reach the students, instead of making them reach me, num sayin... peace.

Man, I Hate To Say It, And I Mean It With All Respect, But With That Attitude, You're Just Not Going To Succeed In Life.  You Need To Learn To Play The Player, You Know?  You Can't Beat The Entire School System, And It's A Waste Of Your Time To Try.  The Best Thing To Do, Is Play With It, And Change What You Can Change.  Beat Them At Their Game, Through Their Game.  

Peace

TheSheriff

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2001, 11:27:15 AM »
I'm at an excellent independent school, which I love, in the main. The philosophy is great, etc...BUT:

I already know everything they're teaching me. Hell, I know more than any of the history teachers do, and they're good teachers. I excel at everything. Hell, the only subjects I'm not in the top set for are Math and PE, and in Math that's cause the top set teacher hates me(seriously, that's the reason, they actually told me that), and in PE, it's cause I don't like competitiveness.

The school system has, time and again, failed me. At Grade School in the US, I liked it and shit, but it didn't teach me nothing. In the last few years of Junior School in England, and now in Secondary School, they've taught me jack shit, and made me highly neurotic and a guy with low self-esteem. In Denmark, the time I spent there, well, I love the country, but the schools SUCKED, and Denmark has good schools.

Want me to tell you the best school I've ever been to? Wanna know where it was? Tijuana, Mexico.