Author Topic: Dre & Snoop should scrap current albums and drop "From Break Ups 2 Make Ups"  (Read 1904 times)

Sccit

Everyone knows Dre and Snoop bring the best out of each other...obviously, a good portion of their fans have lost interest and have limited care for their current work. Lets be honest.. both icons, both seem lost when it comes 2 making fresh music. After giving it some thought, I truly believe that one of the only ideas that could resurrect their career would be for them to get together and finally put their energy into the long-anticiapted duet album. It would be an instant classic and would most likely generate way more interest than anything they're currently thinkin' of. They were even thinkin about it as recently as "Tha Wash" soundtrack, which was, at one point, intended to be the Dre/Snoop album.This is the way for them to gain back their core fanbase. they both said it in the past...Dre tried his thing without Snoop; it failed. Snoop tried his thing without Dre; it failed. Now, they're back to workin with other artists, and once again, none of their work has come close to what they did together ("2001", Tha Last Meal", etc.). I'm not just talkin about a collabo here, or a feature there. I'm talkin about them sittin in the lab and makin this thing happen.....Shit could be bigger than the Kanye+Jay-Z album and would definitely be album of the year (and probably even decade)......."Detox" lost its appeal with all the mediocre leaks and lack of uniqueness. Most of Snoop's core fanbase are either opposed or undecided about the Snoop Lion transformation. If Dre and Snoop can put their egos aside and team up to finally release "From Break Ups 2 Make Ups", it would be huge.. not just for their career, not just for west coast hip-hop....but for hip-hop, in general. MAKE IT HAPPEN. 8)

Smokin Briccz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
i dont think it would work because Snoop smoked himself retarded and Dre is a bipolar bisexual with roid rage who is worth a quarter billion dollars and doesnt give a fuck about music or his stans...

nice concept though, 15 years ago.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:56:53 PM by OG Shippinbriccz »

Sccit

i dont think it would work because Snoop smoked himself retarded and Dre is a bipolar bisexual with roid rage.

it would work...i can bet anything that a album with nothing but Snoop+Dre would be nothing short of classic. and it's definitely a better idea than releasing "Detox" with a bunch of techno/new-age-hip-hop imitation beats, or a Snoop reggae album. U can at least admit that.

Smokin Briccz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
i dont think it would work because Snoop smoked himself retarded and Dre is a bipolar bisexual with roid rage.

it would work...i can bet anything that a album with nothing but Snoop+Dre would be nothing short of classic. and it's definitely a better idea than releasing "Detox" with a bunch of techno/new-age-hip-hop imitation beats, or a Snoop reggae album. U can at least admit that.

i can agree with you on the last part, but dre and snoop arent hungry.

when they were hungry, they made good music because inspiration comes from struggle. or so they say....

now they are filthy rich and got their hands in so much other shit they will never come close to what they once were.

Smokin Briccz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Dr. Dre told us a long time ago what his plans for the future were....

Sccit

i can agree with you on the last part, but dre and snoop arent hungry.

when they were hungry, they made good music because inspiration comes from struggle. or so they say....

now they are filthy rich and got their hands in so much other shit they will never come close to what they once were.

they were rich when they got together for "tha last meal" and "2001"....they simply felt like they had something to prove. they're pretty much right back there...their current moves are the moves of icons trying to stay relevant. if they wanna stay relevant and make some noise, this is the way. trust me.

Jimmy H.

Snoop and Dre have been actively working together for awhile and fact is people have high expectations and just aren't loving it like they did 12 years ago. If anything, I'd like to see them put together that Dogg Pound album they were both supposed to be co-signing like a year ago. If they could get a worthwhile project there, I'd see having high hopes down the road.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I would love to see this happen but I highly doubt we'll ever get this album. I made myself a mix off all the Snoop/Dre (Dre beats only) material post Doggystyle and shit was banging.

MistaNova

they were rich when they got together for "tha last meal" and "2001"....they simply felt like they had something to prove. they're pretty much right back there...their current moves are the moves of icons trying to stay relevant. if they wanna stay relevant and make some noise, this is the way. trust me.

From my understanding at that time no one (not even them) knew where their careers were going. So there were doubters, skeptics and people dissing them and whether out of anger or desperation eventually out came those albums. However since then every rapper/person who's dared to face Dr. Dre or Snoop Dogg has disappeared and with the success of those albums the two reestablished their place in hip hop thus making it a lot more comfortable for them. Unless every mainstream rapper turns on them and the two are cut off from all of their endorsement deals I don't see them getting hungry enough to do shit.

KrazySumwhat

I would have to agree with this thread 100% but its a pointless thread really cos we know it aint gonna happen.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
Re: Dre & Snoop should scrap current albums and drop "From Break Ups 2 Make Ups"
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 01:36:06 AM »
It would be a decade too late  .... like for every collabo album which came out these latest years (Quik/Kurupt , Em/Royce , Jay/Kanye)

nad45

Re: Dre & Snoop should scrap current albums and drop "From Break Ups 2 Make Ups"
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 05:35:55 AM »
It would be a decade too late  .... like for every collabo album which came out these latest years (Quik/Kurupt , Em/Royce , Jay/Kanye)

It's never too late
Snoop sounded really good in KUSH, the best since BOSS'life, Imagine and Round here. And i don't think they spent a lot of time in the studio for these tracks.
So imagine, if they lock themselves in the studio for several months!
Dre must be the only producer who tells him, "yo, that shit is wack, redo it!"
And Dre needs Snoop for the fun, the soul and funk in his prods. His recent beats are too boring, Dre needs to stop detoxing!!
 I want an album exectutive produced album by Dre with productions from Battlecat, Fredwreck, and Dre + ghostwriting by the D.O.C, and why not Kam (Snoop sounded better than him in Imagine O.G, fits really good the Kam's style of rapping)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 05:40:34 AM by nad45 »

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 07:44:49 AM »
it is too late. just like it is too late for a new NWA-album.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 08:11:17 AM »

i agree.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 09:26:33 AM »
Snoop and Dre have been actively working together for awhile and fact is people have high expectations and just aren't loving it like they did 12 years ago. If anything, I'd like to see them put together that Dogg Pound album they were both supposed to be co-signing like a year ago. If they could get a worthwhile project there, I'd see having high hopes down the road.

Everything theyve done together til this day shits on anything they've done alone or with other artists..