Author Topic: Dre & Snoop should scrap current albums and drop "From Break Ups 2 Make Ups"  (Read 1905 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Dre & Snoop should scrap current albums and drop "From Break Ups 2 Make Ups"
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 11:32:13 AM »
Figures you of all people just want to continue to bring back old, out of date sounds.

Anyway, it wouldn't work mostly for the reason I said above. The sound is out of date. West Coast bangers don't sell records in 2012. It would be a waste of time for both of them.

Sccit

Re: Dre & Snoop should scrap current albums and drop "From Break Ups 2 Make Ups"
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 11:34:37 AM »
I think either doing a whole album on Snoop (break ups to make up) or even a whole album on Snoop solo (like a Doggystyle 2) would be dope. Either those or even a Hester Skelter with Cube would get Dre back inspired on the music tip. I see he starting to slowly but surely produce a track here & there (Shit Popped Off, That new Xzibit track, 50's New Day) but working on a whole album with one of his main rappers that he's known for (Snoop or Cube) would probably inspire him to be on some next level shit. Relapse with Emeniem the production on there was dope (lyrically some people diss it but I don't think they take it for the concept album that it is) and the beats seem tailor made to fit Em perfect. Now imagine a whole album with Dre beats made to fit Snoop or Dre & Cube, shit would be bananas.

i agree with this 100%...anything but these whack ass 1-and-done collabos with random a-listers. "helter skelter" would be dope as fuck, as well. or like u said, even a solo by cube or snoop entirely produced by dre, like the good ol' days. shit would be an instant classic and would go platinum in the first week.

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2012, 11:42:48 AM »
Figures you of all people just want to continue to bring back old, out of date sounds.

Anyway, it wouldn't work mostly for the reason I said above. The sound is out of date. West Coast bangers don't sell records in 2012. It would be a waste of time for both of them.

we dont wanna bring anything back. we wanna keep hip-hop legit. i'm not saying tyga should start rappin over g-funk beats. i'm sayin dre should stick to what he knows. he should keep the formula consistent. nobody wants to hear dre imitating new age hip-hop. if pink floyd re-united, u think we'd wanna hear them imitating the gorillaz music or come wit the shit that got them to the top? hip-hop can evolve, but it's not evolving, it's completely changing. should nash play shooting guard and become a spot-up shooter, now that he's getting older, or should he stick to what he's been doin his whole career? evolution is great...when evolution turns into change, mufuckaz gunna want the authenticity back. either way, u probably wouldnt understand, cuz u werent even born when "doggystyle" dropped...but thats what it is.

but if u really think a snoop/dre collabo album wont sell, ur either clueless or in complete denial.

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 11:44:54 AM »
Get off that old scraped albums, wishing it coulda / shoulda released shit cuz nothing is ever gonna happen and get with reality, listen to the new shit and quit living in the past. SMH

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=288189.0
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 11:50:25 AM »
Get off that old scraped albums, wishing it coulda / shoulda released shit cuz nothing is ever gonna happen and get with reality, listen to the new shit and quit living in the past. SMH

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=288189.0

nothings ever guna happen if people dont request it...if people accept "mr. prescription" and snoop lion and wont let it be known that they'd much prefer "makes ups 2 break ups", of course it'll never happen....but if the demand is there, so is the opportunity. "get off the old scrapped albums and listen to techno-rap".....fuck that, son

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2012, 12:03:04 PM »
Show me where in one instance fans demanded a project and got what they wanted, and another thing, who is listening to techno rap?
Plus you talking about dre who scraps everything. The man who already had an album ready for realese and scraped that and now you want him to release some shit that was up in the air and half ass sessions that don't amount to an ep? Get off dres nuts bro. Keep doing your thing with your music and support other new LA artist. I guess that's what I'm basically trying to say with quit living in the past. Dre and snoop are old and don't really resonate with the younger generation. They gave us countless classics to play and as a fan I am great ful but it's time to make way for the new really talented Westcoast rappers, that's all I'm saying.
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

jman91331

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2012, 02:42:19 PM »
What new talented rappers are there from the West Coast is what I'm saying tho? The only younger rappers that are worth listening to are using the older rappers formula. The rest are boo boo. They don't be talkin about shit on the mic. What the fuck you expect us to wanna hear, Tyga, Toot it & Boot it, Cat Daddy? Get that bullshit the fuck off my speakers. Hell yeah the majority of us on here wouldn't mind hearing the OGs get together & do an album. Who wants to here a mothafucka on the mic recite some meaningless ass lyrics over a recycled European styled beat or a basic ass fruity loop beat? If that's what floats your boat that's kool but don't down talk those that wouldn't mind hearing some quality music. Old, young, I don't give a fuck I just want good music. Rap is not sports, long as a mothafucka got a voice they should be able to make music if they choose. Rap is the only genre where people talk that too old shit, any other type of music older artist albums will be sittin on the shelf right next to the newer artists.

Sccit

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2012, 04:21:32 PM »
Show me where in one instance fans demanded a project and got what they wanted, and another thing, who is listening to techno rap?
Plus you talking about dre who scraps everything. The man who already had an album ready for realese and scraped that and now you want him to release some shit that was up in the air and half ass sessions that don't amount to an ep? Get off dres nuts bro. Keep doing your thing with your music and support other new LA artist. I guess that's what I'm basically trying to say with quit living in the past. Dre and snoop are old and don't really resonate with the younger generation. They gave us countless classics to play and as a fan I am great ful but it's time to make way for the new really talented Westcoast rappers, that's all I'm saying.

I don't think u get what I'm sayin.... If dre and snoop wanna continue makin music, it's a better idea for them to stick together and bang out a joint album, as opposed to Dre making imitation new age hip-hop and Snoop transforming into a reggae artist... It makes more sense in every way. All I'm sayin
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 04:31:23 PM by NIKCC »

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2012, 04:30:27 PM »
What new talented rappers are there from the West Coast is what I'm saying tho? The only younger rappers that are worth listening to are using the older rappers formula. The rest are boo boo. They don't be talkin about shit on the mic. What the fuck you expect us to wanna hear, Tyga, Toot it & Boot it, Cat Daddy? Get that bullshit the fuck off my speakers. Hell yeah the majority of us on here wouldn't mind hearing the OGs get together & do an album. Who wants to here a mothafucka on the mic recite some meaningless ass lyrics over a recycled European styled beat or a basic ass fruity loop beat? If that's what floats your boat that's kool but don't down talk those that wouldn't mind hearing some quality music. Old, young, I don't give a fuck I just want good music. Rap is not sports, long as a mothafucka got a voice they should be able to make music if they choose. Rap is the only genre where people talk that too old shit, any other type of music older artist albums will be sittin on the shelf right next to the newer artists.

Real spit

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2012, 04:37:24 PM »
LOL. No way would a Dre/Snoop album sell. You only think it would because you've been on this forum so long & see so many people HERE talk about those two artists. Outside of this forum, Snoop is beyond irrelevant other than a funny personality that smokes weed & Dre couldn't put up numbers with Eminem on his track.

I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy it or want it. But these are two successful ass artists who have nothing left to prove or give to the fans. They're not wasting their time to give people on this forum what they want, while kids my age & younger who are the only ones buying albums are just waiting for Kanye or Drake to come out.

bouli77

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2012, 04:48:32 PM »
Dre couldn't put up numbers with Eminem on his track.

he sold more than 2 mill of I Need A Doctor, that's quite a number, especially in this digital era.

Sccit

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2012, 04:59:08 PM »
lmao... Anyone who thinks a Dre/Snoop collabo album won't sell doesn't even warrant a response.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2012, 08:58:12 PM »
lmao... Anyone who thinks a Dre/Snoop collabo album won't sell doesn't even warrant a response.

Dumb nigga. Why do you think Detox isn't out yet? It's not that Dre doesn't care or is lazy, it's that he's not going to sell 250k & say "Well, this is what y'all waited for".

If he was convinced the songs he made would sell millions, it woulda been out. What the fuck is Snoop Dogg going to bring to the table that Dre couldn't do alone? Snoop Dogg hasn't been good in over a decade lmao. Quit the marketing game, man. You're lost.

Dre couldn't put up numbers with Eminem on his track.

he sold more than 2 mill of I Need A Doctor, that's quite a number, especially in this digital era.

That's a good single. Nicki's "Starships" did five million. So I mean, it's not like it was a smash hit. However, it clearly wasn't enough of a push for Dre to think Detox would do a million in a week.

Sikotic™

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2012, 09:26:08 PM »
At this point in their careers, anything they put out will most likely be a disappointment. No thanks.

People need to just enjoy the good shit they already made and stop looking for some uninspired music that they dont even wanna put out. Does anyone check for new Rolling Stones tracks? Nah, but they still appreciate the classics.

Hip-Hop as a genre is newer than other types of music but the same shit applies. Dre knows better. He'd rather sit home and collect checks instead of tarnish his legacy.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2012, 09:40:41 PM »
Smmfh.  If "Detox" came out with a whole album based around the sound of "Louis XIII" or "New Day" I would literally stick a burning hot iron rod in my right ear and set my tongue on fire at the same time.  Y'all really can't be serious saying that y'all really like that "West Coast Banger" sound in 2012.  NO FUCKIN BODY WANTS TO HEAR THAT SHIT ANYMORE, it's not 2000 anymore.  

Thats what's wrong with the West/Cali and has been for a long time now, the beat/instrumental game out there sucks.  There's absolutely no type of creativity out there and frankly if it wasn't for Nipsey branching out the sound on those "Bullets..." series and the new tapes from Kendrick Lamar and Jay Rock somewhat and most especially Dom Kennedy then there really wouldn't be anything at all to listen for out there.  

"That Good" by Glasses Malone has to be some sorta sick joke on Warren G or something.  I can boogie to anything no matter who it's by or what it sounds like at any given moment but that whole super played out 1950's Black Man Perm Pre-P-Funk George Clinton hair West Coast Banger sound just ain't where it's at.  Why do u think folks like DJ Quik and Tha Dogg Pound are still economically viable as they were 15 years ago is becuz nobody can do it better and the people don't really wanna hear too many/if anybody do it anymore.  Say what u want about the south but atleast the sound has been growing over time, u can't say that about the west.  Even the East updated the sound jah like.  

That West Coast sound's home BELONGS to RnB.  Every now and then it's okay for Rap but most of the time it's shitty.  U think it takes 2 minutes to make a Southern record, it takes even shorter to make a West Coast record.