Author Topic: Dre & Snoop should scrap current albums and drop "From Break Ups 2 Make Ups"  (Read 1909 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Dre & Snoop should scrap current albums and drop "From Break Ups 2 Make Ups"
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2012, 09:43:49 PM »
Dre knows better. He'd rather sit home and collect checks instead of tarnish his legacy.

Apparently not.  "Detox" is an official Hip Hop punchline.  He fucked up his name a little bit by bullshitting people for so long.

Sikotic™

Re: Dre & Snoop should scrap current albums and drop "From Break Ups 2 Make Ups"
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2012, 09:45:11 PM »
True. I think he was talked into it by a lot of people though and last minute pulled the plug and told them all to fuck themselves.

If he was gonna drop that record, he shoulda did it in 04-05 back when he was still on a roll and back when record sales were a lil higher. He past his prime a while ago though.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:46:47 PM by S.I.K. »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2012, 09:58:43 PM »
True. I think he was talked into it by a lot of people though and last minute pulled the plug and told them all to fuck themselves.

If he was gonna drop that record, he shoulda did it in 04-05 back when he was still on a roll and back when record sales were a lil higher. He past his prime a while ago though.

Atleast he/we still have the Vault.  I'll still always dream about what Detox could be/could've been in 2012/2013.  In real life I was actually going to buy that album regardless (even if it leaked two months ahead of time)

It's actually kinda heartbreaking really

Jbladez23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2012, 10:01:09 PM »
Lets Be Reall, @ The End Of The Day, If Dre Dropped Detox, Break Up To Make Up, Dogg Pound Album, Shit If He Dropped Dr. Dre Presents All Jazz No.Funk + Fuk U... All U Shit talkers will go and buy it... Just enjoy what all west coast artistput out.. Becouse one day, these mofos wont be around to give u.any kind of music

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2012, 10:03:06 PM »
Lets Be Reall, @ The End Of The Day, If Dre Dropped Detox, Break Up To Make Up, Dogg Pound Album, Shit If He Dropped Dr. Dre Presents All Jazz No.Funk + Fuk U... All U Shit talkers will go and buy it... Just enjoy what all west coast artistput out.. Becouse one day, these mofos wont be around to give u.any kind of music

#realtalk

Sccit

« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2012, 10:25:02 PM »
lmao... Anyone who thinks a Dre/Snoop collabo album won't sell doesn't even warrant a response.

Dumb nigga. Why do you think Detox isn't out yet? It's not that Dre doesn't care or is lazy, it's that he's not going to sell 250k & say "Well, this is what y'all waited for".

If he was convinced the songs he made would sell millions, it woulda been out. What the fuck is Snoop Dogg going to bring to the table that Dre couldn't do alone? Snoop Dogg hasn't been good in over a decade lmao. Quit the marketing game, man. You're lost.

Dre couldn't put up numbers with Eminem on his track.

he sold more than 2 mill of I Need A Doctor, that's quite a number, especially in this digital era.

That's a good single. Nicki's "Starships" did five million. So I mean, it's not like it was a smash hit. However, it clearly wasn't enough of a push for Dre to think Detox would do a million in a week.

you're too young to understand the nostalgia factor....every1 who bought "the chronic" and "2001" who is still alive WILL buy a Dre/Snoop collabo album....like i said, you're simply too young to understand the history and what exactly those 2 names mean to west coast hip-hop...it's not like 2 randomly selected former platinum west coast hip-hop acts would be gettin together to put out some random ass joint album. this is Dre and Snoop... they're the pinnacle of west coast hip-hop. it's like if Pink Floyd re-united to put out a new album.....EVERY rock fan in the world would be on that shit. same with everyone on the west coast when it comes to this shit. i dunno how peeps react to Dre and Snoop out east, but i guarantee you, out here, there wont be 1 person who wont be talkin about it. yea, maybe the high school crowd wont exactly be enthused, but it'll be bigger than that. u just dont get it. not every1 who bought "the chronic" and "doggystyle" will buy "detox"....but like i said, guaranteed they ALL would be in line if a Snoop/Dre album dropped. i dont expect you to understand, and thats fine. if u were born in the 80's and grew up on this shit, u would get what i'm sayin without a shadow of a doubt.

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2012, 10:33:47 PM »
Smmfh.  If "Detox" came out with a whole album based around the sound of "Louis XIII" or "New Day" I would literally stick a burning hot iron rod in my right ear and set my tongue on fire at the same time.  Y'all really can't be serious saying that y'all really like that "West Coast Banger" sound in 2012.  NO FUCKIN BODY WANTS TO HEAR THAT SHIT ANYMORE, it's not 2000 anymore. 

Thats what's wrong with the West/Cali and has been for a long time now, the beat/instrumental game out there sucks.  There's absolutely no type of creativity out there and frankly if it wasn't for Nipsey branching out the sound on those "Bullets..." series and the new tapes from Kendrick Lamar and Jay Rock somewhat and most especially Dom Kennedy then there really wouldn't be anything at all to listen for out there. 

"That Good" by Glasses Malone has to be some sorta sick joke on Warren G or something.  I can boogie to anything no matter who it's by or what it sounds like at any given moment but that whole super played out 1950's Black Man Perm Pre-P-Funk George Clinton hair West Coast Banger sound just ain't where it's at.  Why do u think folks like DJ Quik and Tha Dogg Pound are still economically viable as they were 15 years ago is becuz nobody can do it better and the people don't really wanna hear too many/if anybody do it anymore.  Say what u want about the south but atleast the sound has been growing over time, u can't say that about the west.  Even the East updated the sound jah like. 

That West Coast sound's home BELONGS to RnB.  Every now and then it's okay for Rap but most of the time it's shitty.  U think it takes 2 minutes to make a Southern record, it takes even shorter to make a West Coast record. 

we dont expect u to feel that sound...u aint from the west. for u, you liked the cali sound when west coast hip-hop was the popular thing...when it was what was played all on the radio and all up in the clubs.....but for us cats out west, we live this shit. we didn't like west coast hip-hop in the 90's because it was the in sound, we liked it because it was the sound of our region. nowadays, rap music barely has a regional sound anymore....everything sounds the fuckin same. music from new york is interchangeable with music from cali, which is interchangeable with music from chicago, and so on. shits ridiculous.. the west coast sound has evolved a lot, and will continue to evolve......time does change, but the music? it remains the same.

Sccit

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2012, 10:37:57 PM »
At this point in their careers, anything they put out will most likely be a disappointment. No thanks.

People need to just enjoy the good shit they already made and stop looking for some uninspired music that they dont even wanna put out. Does anyone check for new Rolling Stones tracks? Nah, but they still appreciate the classics.

Hip-Hop as a genre is newer than other types of music but the same shit applies. Dre knows better. He'd rather sit home and collect checks instead of tarnish his legacy.

putting out "detox" with techno rap beats would be closer to tarnishing his legacy

putting out a snoop lion album with "reggae" songs would be closer to tarnishing his legacy

scrappin those ideas in favor of re-uniting for one final dre/snoop classic (this time together) would be goin out with a bang

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2012, 10:56:50 PM »
Shut up nik, u sound retarded, go 2 bed

Sccit

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2012, 11:03:49 PM »

we don't want west coast bangers in connecticut :'( :'( :'( :'(

lmao

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2012, 11:09:45 PM »
lmao

Foh lol.  U already know I've always fucked with the West tuff but tbt Nik, and don't lie.  That shit is mad corny.  It has nothing to do with the generation or any of that.  That whole sound is dated.  U could make a beat right now with that vibe and a muthafucka could swear on his or her moma's life that shit came out in 99'.  Everybody out there still sounds like they use Pro Tools Version 4

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2012, 11:23:03 PM »
lmao

Foh lol.  U already know I've always fucked with the West tuff but tbt Nik, and don't lie.  That shit is mad corny.  It has nothing to do with the generation or any of that.  That whole sound is dated.  U could make a beat right now with that vibe and a muthafucka could swear on his or her moma's life that shit came out in 99'.  Everybody out there still sounds like they use Pro Tools Version 4

whats corny? the signature west coast sound? u actin like a signature sound can't evolve.... it doesnt have to sound like that dated shit u talkin about. just like "2001" had a completely different sound from "the chronic"...but it was still that signature west coast shit. evolution is good. but to completely kill what u got goin and move on to the next best thing is on some bitch shit.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2012, 11:31:55 PM »
Stop ridin Dr. Dre like that, he's not the only legend and icon from Cali.  

And that sound hasn't evolved.  In fact, Cali (the westcoast) is the only place in the game that hasn't shown any growth or evolved (in the past decade).  And don't be actin like I'm sayin they need to copy the same formula as Three 6 and Lex Luger.  In real life as far as talent goes out there for Producing, y'all jah like suck balls foreal foreal

*edited for preciseness
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:49:02 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Sikotic™

« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2012, 12:26:04 AM »
Its slowly shifting for the better. But it is true that the west coast sound has been the same for way too long now. The whole thing has been dyin a slow death since about 03. Thats almost 10 years of irrelevancy.

I think things are lookin up though. Everybody in the west was lookin for Dre to come and save the day like he did in 99, but I htink its obvious that he's not gonna do it this time around. So you either sit and wait for him to make the west cool again in the eyes of most hip hop fans or you go out and make your own way. I think its shifting towards the latter.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2012, 12:27:51 AM »
i swear that is the goat gif you have in your sig.  her titties look so juicy