Author Topic: Dre & Snoop should scrap current albums and drop "From Break Ups 2 Make Ups"  (Read 1899 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Dre & Snoop should scrap current albums and drop "From Break Ups 2 Make Ups"
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2012, 02:01:07 AM »
Nik is just being Political becuz he doesn't wanna offend his connects even if he knows wassup, he's not really being Real (can't really blame him tho). 

Buuuuuut........ Juicy J is a legend still crankin classics almost a quarter century in the game.  No reason why Dre & Snoop can't compete. 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iTJSVxxeA8I&amp;feature=youtube_gdata_player" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iTJSVxxeA8I&amp;feature=youtube_gdata_player</a>

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Dre & Snoop should scrap current albums and drop "From Break Ups 2 Make Ups"
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2012, 08:18:38 AM »
Stop ridin Dr. Dre like that, he's not the only legend and icon from Cali.  

And that sound hasn't evolved.  In fact, Cali (the westcoast) is the only place in the game that hasn't shown any growth or evolved (in the past decade).  And don't be actin like I'm sayin they need to copy the same formula as Three 6 and Lex Luger.  In real life as far as talent goes out there for Producing, y'all jah like suck balls foreal foreal

*edited for preciseness

he's not the only legend and icon from cali, but he is the biggest...as for cali not evolvin', lmao. maybe because u only listen to one style of cali music. bump some bay shit from 92' then '99 then '06 then from today and see if u notice the difference. shit, the new west sounds NOTHIN like 90s shit, and thats actually peoples main complaint. did u hear daz's new single? it sounds more like some dirty south shit than some west coast shit....so frankly, outside of a few artists who are still tryna preserve the 90s sound, most west coast shit today isn't west coast at all. it's time for a new west coast sound...an evolved sound with the same formula. dre re-created the west coast sound in '99, and it's about time someone does it again.....hopefully, dre can do it 1 last time. if not, our loss.
co sign.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

jman91331

« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2012, 08:24:12 AM »
I don't know about everyone else that posted in this thread about wanting to hear an album like Break Ups or Helter Skelter but as far as me, I wasn't saying an album like that would change the world or go 10 times platinum or some shit. I was just saying it would be cool to hear and a project like that and in my opinion would motivate Dre to get back to producing. The man made 110 milli last year mostly off headphones so I know it's probably hard to focus off music selling for $9.99 a pop when his cheapest headphones are around 10 times that. I know he making money off them shits kuz I have 2 pair personally and got everyone in my household a different pair of beats.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2012, 10:44:09 AM »
Who doesn't wanna c it happen tho

Jimmy H.

« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2012, 02:03:47 PM »
I don't think it's a money issue at all. He was working on the Detox for years before headphone money started pouring in and the results were about the same. Like I said, I sure wouldn't mind a Dre-Snoop collabo album but the energy needs to be there for that kind of thing and at the moment, it doesn't seem to be. If working with Snoop was what Dre needed to be motivated, it would have happened by now. They're in the studio together quite a bit. Truthfully, I just want that Dogg Pound album that he and Snoop were supposedly overseeing. That's a good start.

Sccit

« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2012, 03:22:23 PM »
Nik is just being Political becuz he doesn't wanna offend his connects even if he knows wassup, he's not really being Real (can't really blame him tho). 

Buuuuuut........ Juicy J is a legend still crankin classics almost a quarter century in the game.  No reason why Dre & Snoop can't compete. 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iTJSVxxeA8I&amp;feature=youtube_gdata_player" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iTJSVxxeA8I&amp;feature=youtube_gdata_player</a>

yet, i got other cats co-signin me.......i guess they not tryna offend my connects either. lol. make sense, homie.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2012, 03:24:51 PM »
Nobody said that we/people wouldn't check for it tho

Sccit

« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2012, 03:27:41 PM »
yea, but kurupt+daz, red+meth, em+royce etc. aren't icons on the level of snoop+dre. it's more like if nas and jay-z teamed up to do an album, only they dont have the same history as snoop+dre. i get what ur saying.....but the point i'm makin is, this would have a higher chance at blowin up than what we've currently been getting. even an album fulla songs like "boss life", "hard on the blvd", "imagine", "kush", "the wash" etc would be sufficient, in comparison 2 what were getting now.
But we're more likely to get what we're getting NOW if Snoop and Dre were to do a reunion album. Their work is going to be reflective of where they are at now so it's not likely to sound like all these 2002-2006 songs you're waxing nostalgic about. You're using the word "icon" like throwing it out means a guarantee of something special no matter what. There's plenty of "icons" that we all listened to when we were growing up that don't currently put out music we're interested in buying or listening to. The "iconic" aspect is more tied up to public perception than anything else. I use the examples of these other duos because it fits a far more realistic example of things and illustrates that solid chemistry and a strong collaborative history do not immediately equal timeless music in any context. The Jay-Nas comparison is a poor one, because while they are individually known as icons, they aren't known for their timeless collabos. I would say the Daz-Kurupt and Redman & Method Man comparison is far more effective in showcasing the realsitic outcome of the situation. You can make it to as big a crowd as you like or a smaller one but it's still a fanbase thing. DPG might have the smaller following than Dre-Snoop but the reunion was anticipated just the same to the people who were fans. To have Kurupt back in there with Daz and Daz doing the beats again. This was the situation that cats saw on paper as really being this exciting deal in terms of nostalgia and so with Dillinger & Young Gotti 2, Cali Iz Active, and Kurupt's Daz-produced solo "Same Day, Different Shit", everyone was thinking they were getting the kind of shit they got with Dogg Food, Streetz Iz A Mutha, and the original Dillinger & Young Gotti. And none of those projects, in my opinion, sucked. They just were underwhelming to the fans compared to what the album they had dreamt up in their heads. And it was the same with "Blackout 2". Truth be told, it was the same with The Wash soundtrack and Dre's work on Blue Carpet Treatment. People get these fanboy erections for names on a paper like "Oh! Snoop's new shit would be dope if it's all produced by Dre, Daz, Battlecat, DJ Quik, and Fredwreck and featuring Kurupt, Warren G, and all the old Death Row people" but you know what, he's made plenty of good shit without any of these dudes and made some songs with a few of them that the majority of y'all were just indifferent to. I mean, wasn't Kurupt and Quik's "Blaqkout" supposed to be the ultimate bring the West back collabo? I'm probably one of about five people on this board that actually really dug that project. Remember when "Book of David" was the album that this whole board said was going to be the "real" Detox? I'll be the first to admit that having names on a project can get me excited but the music needs to be there as well. I really enjoyed the last Snoop solo and am still bumping that collabo joint he did with Wiz so Snoop is good. Dre, when he's active, I'm always checking for. A collabo album between the two would be nice but "Detox" is still the album the public is expecting.

the problem with all that is the artists u mentioned NEVER had the world-wide commercial appeal of Snoop+Dre. i dont think u get it....Kurupt+Daz cant headline Coachella....never could. but its all good. i guess if ur satisfied with Snoop's last 2 efforts, then we share 2 completely different views. disagree 2 agree :D

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2012, 03:56:17 PM »
Nik u have to understand.  Nobody is trying to argue with u about a Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg album at the end of 2012 as hard as that is to believe for u (,and I get it).  It's just that old and tiring

The people still want it but if they not gonna release it then why think about it?  At this point in their lives/careers it's either put up or shut up, 2002 was almost 11 years ago (u know, when they mentioned it, or maybe it was 01' but u get the point).  While technically that's not that long ago, people still have their own lives to live and newer artists to listen to.  

I'm sorry homie
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 03:58:25 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2012, 04:11:34 PM »
So what is specifically your point here? Artists with worldwide commercial appeal don't drop albums that "miss" with an audience? No, Kurupt and Daz couldn't headline Coachella but that wasn't what I was driving at. My point was about overall audience expectations. They might put out an album that sells alright but when has Dre ever had a problem with sales? Detox isn't a clusterfuck because "I Need A Doctor" flopped.  

Sccit

« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2012, 10:11:55 PM »
So what is specifically your point here? Artists with worldwide commercial appeal don't drop albums that "miss" with an audience? No, Kurupt and Daz couldn't headline Coachella but that wasn't what I was driving at. My point was about overall audience expectations. They might put out an album that sells alright but when has Dre ever had a problem with sales? Detox isn't a clusterfuck because "I Need A Doctor" flopped.  

i'm saying the album would be quality...how hard is it really 2 get? lol

as far as sales goes, a lot of people are saying dre isn't releasing "detox" because he's scared it wont sell. whether thats true or not is unknown, but dont sit there and act like that aint been 1 of the theories bein thrown around.

Sccit

« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2012, 10:18:18 PM »
Nik u have to understand.  Nobody is trying to argue with u about a Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg album at the end of 2012 as hard as that is to believe for u (,and I get it).  It's just that old and tiring

The people still want it but if they not gonna release it then why think about it?  At this point in their lives/careers it's either put up or shut up, 2002 was almost 11 years ago (u know, when they mentioned it, or maybe it was 01' but u get the point).  While technically that's not that long ago, people still have their own lives to live and newer artists to listen to. 

I'm sorry homie

More people read these board than you think...so if u really want the album, i'd suggest u approach these threads wit a different mentality, my dude.

btw, the concept for this album was originally proposed in the mid-90's....it's sorta like "freddy vs jason". that movie was talked about for nearly 2 decades before it finally came 2 fruition. then when it was released, it did much better in the box office than any of the previous freddy or jason movies, despite the wait.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2012, 01:10:38 AM »
Yes, great comparison. A long-awaited slasher series mash-up that was horridly mediocre, made some money, and opened the door for God-awful shitty remakes of both movies. No thank you across the board on that one, buddy.

Sccit

« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2012, 04:44:38 AM »
Yes, great comparison. A long-awaited slasher series mash-up that was horridly mediocre, made some money, and opened the door for God-awful shitty remakes of both movies. No thank you across the board on that one, buddy.

i thought "Freddy vs Jason" was dope....good way for Freddy/Jason 2 go out. 8)

the remakes aren't part of the franchise, as far as the real fans concerned.