Author Topic: Suge Knight Continues To Help Victims  (Read 110 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Suge Knight Continues To Help Victims
« on: February 17, 2003, 07:13:31 AM »
Suge Knight Continues To Help Victims

Suge Knight Continues Campaign To Aid Victims of Violence.

Just weeks after providing funds for the families of two innocent children murdered in Compton and Pomona, Tha Row Records founder and CEO Suge Knight is once again assisting a family touched by the horror of violent crime. On Wednesday, February 5th, a bullet fired by a suspected gang member accidentally killed 57-year-old Betty Jean Rothchild as she left her home in South Los Angeles to purchase groceries for a church-sponsored dinner.

Knight is paying for the funeral expenses for Rothchild, who leaves behind two sons, 13 grandchildren and a great-granddaughter. Following the viewing at the Harrison-Ross Mortuary, Rothchild will be laid to rest on Saturday, February 15th, at 11AM at Mount Hebron Cemetery, 134 South Central in Los Angeles.

"Suge Knight didn't have to do this," says Marvin Rothchild, her youngest surviving son. "He could have just looked at the news, seen this as a tragedy and turned away. Instead, he has really helped our family. I appreciate what he's doing, and I want to meet him, shake his hand and thank him."

Knight has long assisted individuals in need. He was preparing to launch his tenth annual holiday toy giveaway when authorities picked him up just before Christmas last year, and each Mother's Day he hosts a brunch for single moms. In the past, Knight has also provided transportation to penitentiaries on Father's Day for children to visit their incarcerated dads, given turkeys to hungry families on Thanksgiving and donated the money to completely rebuild a playground destroyed by arson at a Head Start school in Sacramento.

Source:ThaRow.Com aka Deathrowisback.Com  

Trauma-san

Re:Suge Knight Continues To Help Victims
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 09:54:30 AM »
Yeah, I'm glad Suge does all this.  It shows he's got a soft side too.  I'm not gonna say anything bad about it, big props to him for helping out where he can.