Author Topic: Z-Ro - Angel Dust (Discussion Thread)  (Read 440 times)

Blood$

Z-Ro - Angel Dust (Discussion Thread)
« on: October 07, 2012, 11:32:03 AM »
it's been out there about a week now, here's my review:

01. Never Been – 4/5, Great way to start the album. The verses, hook, and production are on point.
02. These Days – 4.5/5, This track is 2+ years old and should have been on his last album but it’s still very dope regardless.
03. I Just Wanna Say – 3.5/5, Good song lyrically but Z-Ro has touched on this subject on better songs in the past.
04. Truth Is – 4.5/5, Strong cut lyrically and substance-wise, definitely a standout already.
05. DiccOnU (Feat. B.G. & Mr. Mac T) – 3.5/5, Raunchy track for the females that is clearly older and unreleased since incarcerated rapper B.G. is featured.
06. Love It (Feat. Lil Flea Of Street Military) – 3/5, The hook borrows some well known 2Pac lines. It’s an OK song overall, possibly a grower.
07. Phuq Wit Me – 3/5, It’s straight but sounds throwaway-ish.
08. Young Nigga – 3.5/5, Another song with a great deal of substance, once again very 2Pac inspired.
09. Time – 5/5, This is vintage Z-Ro material. The third verse is possibly one of his best of all time.
10. Heaven – 4/5, The production is a little different for Z-Ro on this one but he does it justice.
11. Jaccers Wanna Know (Feat. Mike D) – 4.5/5, Old school, signature H-Town music. Screwed Up Click member Mike D makes a memorable cameo. These two always put together dope tracks.
12. Take My Time (Feat. Lil Flip) – 3/5, Sounds like this could have been left off their joint album from 2005.
13. When I Get Free) – 4/5, Once again Z-Ro pays homage to 2Pac while relating his own past struggles with jail life.
14. Today (Feat. K-Rino) – 4.5/5, Powerful closer for the album. Z-Ro and K-Rino both deliver hard-hitting verses and an excellent hook. These two need to collaborate more often in the future.

OVERALL RATING: 3.75/5

sav

Re: Z-Ro - Angel Dust (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 12:06:51 PM »
He didn't even knew what was gonna be on the album... hopefully this time it's his last album on R-A-L. And I want that project with Slim Thug.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 05:53:15 PM »
He didn't even knew what was gonna be on the album... hopefully this time it's his last album on R-A-L. And I want that project with Slim Thug.
ral didn't include him in the mix ?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 10:04:49 PM »
gonna smoke and bump this tomorrow  8)
The West is Back

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 10:41:40 PM »
didn't even know this was comin' out...i will check it out.

IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 11:52:15 PM »
whats this like compared to his last disc?
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 11:25:42 AM »
^ I've read that this album is just leftovers, I haven't heard other Z-Ro albums except ABN, but it's cool, like BloodMoney said 3.5-4/5

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 12:03:24 PM »
whats this like compared to his last disc?

Meth > Crack > Angel Dust > Cocaine > Heroin

in terms of his drug albums lol

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 12:09:55 PM »
It's not bad definitely worth the listen
The West is Back