Author Topic: Mobb Deep Sign to Jive Records for 10 Million !!!  (Read 410 times)

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
Mobb Deep Sign to Jive Records for 10 Million !!!
« on: February 17, 2003, 11:24:36 AM »
Mobb Deep Sign to Jive Records for 10 Million - Posted 2/17/2003 by jayo

It's official - Mobb Deep signs to Jive Records with a 50/50 deal meaning
whatever the record company makes, the mobb gets half!! and they got $10 million for signing with Jive. The Mobb is getting a good start to 2003. The new album should be out by the summer. March 2003 "xxl" magazine names mobb deep's new album as the 10th most anticipated album right now.

ballerstatus.net

---------------

i thought they signed with landspeed??

this is fucking incredible..all that money!!

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

HBKid_Jr

Re:Mobb Deep Sign to Jive Records for 10 Million !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 11:32:38 AM »
word thats a lot of money for a group thats only gone platnium once.  but good for pee an hav

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 11:56:25 AM »
i hope noyd was in on that. then we'd get noyd and havoc solos plus the group album.

damn the rest of 2003 is gonna be so dope. these releases plus the new big l double album. woo hoo!!!
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2003, 12:03:15 PM »
Dope news for Mobb Deep definately.

I didn't know about any Big L double album, what material they gonna use for that cause I thought they struggled to fill his last album didn't they?

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2003, 01:14:18 PM »
Dope news for Mobb Deep definately.

I didn't know about any Big L double album, what material they gonna use for that cause I thought they struggled to fill his last album didn't they?
some dude from the uk said he heard finesse on the 279 show talking about it and there was a 90% chance it would be coming out. they said they struggled to fill the big picture but i find that hard to believe because he still has at least 35 unreleased tracks with coc not to mention the bunch of tracks that were left off of lifestylez. i mean damn they didn't even put the full 98 freestyle on there but yet they put on two heist versions and then they went and remixed holdin it down with stan spit when party artys verse was much better. its ridiclous how they so much spent time redoing tracks and mixing in freestyles over beats when he still has alot of unreleased material left.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2003, 01:53:04 PM »
I don't know about this.  I'm sure Mobb signed to Jive, but not for 10 million and half the cut.  I don't know much about record company contracts but that sounds too good to be true.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2003, 03:05:07 PM »
It sounds pretty damn great for the Mobb, I hope it's true. Dope news actually, I'm lookin forward to that new album even though Infamy wasn't really classic shit

A Big L double album's gonna drop ? I've never heard bout that plus I did hear bout them struggling to fill up The Big Picture too, they even had the exact same version of "The Enemy" on it that's on the D.I.T.C. album

siccmade muzzic

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2003, 04:40:45 PM »
well there are 35 coc recorsdings so thats a double cd right there i would love to hear that they better release that shit

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2003, 05:11:25 PM »
well i never heard about a double BIG L album but its tight no matter what,  where did u hear it from smartass

Jome

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2003, 06:11:32 PM »
10 million for Mobb Deep?  :o

I don't believe that before I see the contract or Havoc confirms it.
If it's true, it's a strange deal.. Prodigy is gettin weaker and weaker.
Havoc is one of the most underrated producers ever.

eNgIeS

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2003, 11:38:19 PM »
big mobb deep fan here

I gotta qurestion  if they are worth that much thou. Coz are pure street & usually dont go more than platinum

Still maybe They will be promoted better by Jive & blow up more. Its a good deal that rather than getting crumbs off the table like most major labels do to  most artists they are giving them a proper & fair cut

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2003, 11:52:06 PM »
i hope its true and good for them.....but this shit sounds a lil too good to be true :-\

KVB

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2003, 01:10:43 AM »
Fake... I would like to see Mobb Deep sign to a major soon... but I'm pretty sure this isn't authentic.

PLANT

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2003, 05:20:48 AM »
Didnt Snoop get 26 million for bringin Doggystyle to MCA?

If thats true, I couldt definatly see Mobb Deep getting their 10 mil.  Besides Outkast, theyre my favorite, and one of the dopest groups out there.  Plus they're always on that street shit, which is becoming more popular thanks to Mr 50

fa bo lo us

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • im gangsta, yall just wannabees
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2003, 05:23:08 AM »
jive may have already heard some of the mobb deep stuff which has been in the making for a long while (murder musik soundtrack) and been impressed with it
'i never park my cl in the p's, coz the system in the back make it look like i got parkinsons disease'