Author Topic: The Game can be relevant again.  (Read 995 times)

red

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: The Game can be relevant again.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 11:46:10 AM »
Yeah, if he'd stop releasing his best works as mixtape material (ie: Make Up Sex, Only One, Monsters among others) and get that big ass Red Star off his face.  <<<my opinion

doggfather

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 11:53:23 AM »
well ,if Game sold 5 millionas of copies, then he was somewhat relevant back then, don't you think?

okay, maybe back in 2005, but not before 2005 or after, just 2005.

what about doc's advocate or the albums later?!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 02:02:40 PM »
all the albums debuted at number 1, LAX and DA are platinum

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 02:58:48 PM »
LAX didnt ^ Slipknot beat him by 1000 copies or somethin like that.

Blood$

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 03:19:32 PM »
Game can be relevant by being Game, by not hopping on trends sounding like other dudes

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 03:25:08 PM »
he never was.

Yup, someone who had their first album sell 5 million copies worldwide was never relevant, SMH, you say some retarded shit sometimes.

hamburger make bigg sellings too, but when you talk about quailty food you ani't mention, and ain't sayin hamburger is relavant...

Hamburger? Do you mean McDonalds?

I think the difference between "quality" and "relevance" is getting lost in translation for you.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 04:09:53 PM »
Bottom line, McDonalds is relevant...Game is not.

Remedy360

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 06:11:49 PM »
People are taking this way too far...I don't have to tell y'all how successful the Doc was. DA was a step down in that respect but still did very well. LAX was again a step down, but still went gold if I'm not mistaken, and My Life was all over the radio. Now RED was an awful album and a huge failure, but to say he was "never relevant" is a complete joke.

rayallen0

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 06:19:48 PM »
he never was.

Yup, someone who had their first album sell 5 million copies worldwide was never relevant, SMH, you say some retarded shit sometimes.

hamburger make bigg sellings too, but when you talk about quailty food you ani't mention, and ain't sayin hamburger is relavant...
...relevant means sales & popularity. Da fuck?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 06:46:59 PM »
No he can't. He has the BasedGod curse. Unless Lil B chooses to lift it it is hopeless for this guy

sorry man but Based God was old news a year ago

now it's all about GANGNAM STYLE

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 07:24:09 PM »
No he can't. He has the BasedGod curse. Unless Lil B chooses to lift it it is hopeless for this guy

sorry man but Based God was old news a year ago

now it's all about GANGNAM STYLE

CNBFTBGB

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2012, 03:09:19 AM »
LAX didnt ^ Slipknot beat him by 1000 copies or somethin like that.
yeah, but after a first recount in Soundscan history that Slipknot's label asked for

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

doggfather

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2012, 03:31:10 AM »
he never was.

Hamburger? Do you mean McDonalds?

I think the difference between "quality" and "relevance" is getting lost in translation for you.

my bad, relevant means to me he makin new trend/fashion in rap or hip hop, or he's got followers, he has new style of music/flow/vibe whatever new. At least everybody want some feat with him. A track'll be hit because of HIS feat.

Like the beatles or rolling stones in rock. After them nothin can be the same again.

Game ain't do these. He bring back some nostalgic nwa style. (and he ain't the best of that)

In my point he can't be relevant just because of selling 5 or 6 or 10 million cds.

he is mainstream, and he's rich and talented bussinesman (or dre and 50 who discovered him), but not relevant.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2012, 05:08:40 AM »
I see The Game as someone who was a just a fad and marketing gimmick.
A random rapper Interscope picked up off the streets of California and have him be a sort of "throw back" to the 90's when gangsta rap from Cali was on it's peak. They had him en-body the old cliche parts of the 90's west coast hip hop with his gangsta rap lyrics, features from the usual suspects in Cali and beefs which were all reminiscent of the days that Death Row dominated everything.

Yeah, I agree with this... I don't think he's totally irrelevant or anything, but his burst of fame was due to a lot of things outside of himself--
He had an album with excellent beats first off, then that gangsta image was still the cool thing at the time,
and he had the co-sign of Dre, 50, Em who were all on a roll around that time still...

Without those elements he's an ok rapper with a pretty cool voice, but just him rapping isn't that big a draw, he needs really good beats and the image...

It's not like with Snoop where people say stuff like, "I wish Snoop would start spitting like he did back on Doggystyle"...
Game was never really notable as a lyricist or as someone with an interesting style like Snoop,
he's more someone who got great beats and a cool image at the right time, when that image was the in thing...

doggfather

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2012, 05:43:10 AM »
I see The Game as someone who was a just a fad and marketing gimmick.
A random rapper Interscope picked up off the streets of California and have him be a sort of "throw back" to the 90's when gangsta rap from Cali was on it's peak. They had him en-body the old cliche parts of the 90's west coast hip hop with his gangsta rap lyrics, features from the usual suspects in Cali and beefs which were all reminiscent of the days that Death Row dominated everything.

Yeah, I agree with this... I don't think he's totally irrelevant or anything, but his burst of fame was due to a lot of things outside of himself--
He had an album with excellent beats first off, then that gangsta image was still the cool thing at the time,
and he had the co-sign of Dre, 50, Em who were all on a roll around that time still...

Without those elements he's an ok rapper with a pretty cool voice, but just him rapping isn't that big a draw, he needs really good beats and the image...

It's not like with Snoop where people say stuff like, "I wish Snoop would start spitting like he did back on Doggystyle"...
Game was never really notable as a lyricist or as someone with an interesting style like Snoop,
he's more someone who got great beats and a cool image at the right time, when that image was the in thing...

i feel the same with 50 cent too, not just Game.
(that's why i said "50 is overrated" in another topic)

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ