Author Topic: Throwback: Ghostface sayin the new Wu album is bullshit  (Read 1119 times)

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Throwback: Ghostface sayin the new Wu album is bullshit
« on: September 10, 2012, 08:50:06 AM »
http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/192283/ghostface-killah-on-new-wu-tang-album.jhtml

More people should express how they feel in stead of just being YES MEN.

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Throwback: Ghostface sayin the new Wu album is bullshit
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 02:19:31 PM »
Well then they should release a mixtape the day of the release with nothin but that hardcore shit on there and the other asian shit they do. 

But Ghost is right about RZA jah like.  The original version of "Dark Fantasy" sounded 'dumbed down' on the retail with all of that extra bs other than the intro i guess.  I assume it's shit like that and songs like that he's talking about. 

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 04:48:16 PM »
the music business is full of fakes and followers. one nigga do somethin' the next one try to do it too like u said too many fuckin' yes men and also outlets like youtube & worldstar allows a lot of bullshit music to surface unfiltered.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 07:53:46 PM »
thats how he felt, but wu-tang aint wu-tang witout rza.....if rza wants his hand in every track, thats on him. he's the producer and he should be able to decide which direction the production goes in. they simply aint on the same page, which is the main problem.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 07:56:29 PM »
thats how he felt, but wu-tang aint wu-tang witout rza
behind the boards YES

on the mic?  eh they can survive lol

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 07:59:07 PM »
thats how he felt, but wu-tang aint wu-tang witout rza.....if rza wants his hand in every track, thats on him. he's the producer and he should be able to decide which direction the production goes in. they simply aint on the same page, which is the main problem.

wrong.  chemistry is chemistry.  but he did say theyve done more tracks tho so he coulda just made the mistake of picking the wrong 1's, it does happen.  it happened with "Tha Doggfather" and other albums some of the time

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rKmxqd4ky-o" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rKmxqd4ky-o</a>

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 08:17:38 PM »

wrong.  chemistry is chemistry.  but he did say theyve done more tracks tho so he coulda just made the mistake of picking the wrong 1's, it does happen.  it happened with "Tha Doggfather" and other albums some of the time

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rKmxqd4ky-o" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rKmxqd4ky-o</a>

"Tha Doggfather" was a great album..as for this, they dont have chemistry the way they did in '95. u can tell by the interview.

Remedy360

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 08:30:30 PM »

"Tha Doggfather" was a great album..as for this, they dont have chemistry the way they did in '95. u can tell by the interview.

It's tough to expect a group with so many members to be on the same page forever..still sucks though.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 08:32:12 PM »
That album had the potential material to equal "Doggystyle" from a different angle (and from what I've heard that couldn't have been too far off ("IllMatc" > "It Was Written"???).  This is one of the two albums that nobody ever talks about.  He should've been proven he coulda worked without Dre, he had done it moderately up until that point.  Anyways, it's like crying over spilled milk so let it go.

They need me to Executive Produce their new album.  I could generate both the quality and the money and keep everybody satisfied with the final product.  The Wu Tang Clan be sleepin' on these forums

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 10:10:40 PM »
That album had the potential material to equal "Doggystyle" from a different angle (and from what I've heard that couldn't have been too far off ("IllMatc" > "It Was Written"???).  This is one of the two albums that nobody ever talks about.  He should've been proven he coulda worked without Dre, he had done it moderately up until that point.  Anyways, it's like crying over spilled milk so let it go.

They need me to Executive Produce their new album.  I could generate both the quality and the money and keep everybody satisfied with the final product.  The Wu Tang Clan be sleepin' on these forums

HBG™

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 03:11:38 AM »

see thats the problem right there. How can one dude's ego be so big that he decides to ruin the album for every other member.

and it would actually be dope to hear Wu-Tang on some different production for once!

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 03:56:28 AM »

see thats the problem right there. How can one dude's ego be so big that he decides to ruin the album for every other member.

and it would actually be dope to hear Wu-Tang on some different production for once!

Their solo albums have been over different production for over 15 years....

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 06:37:25 AM »

Their solo albums have been over different production for over 15 years....

yes but still a lot of it has been done by either RZA or something else similar in style. ol skool new york with a twist of crazy. lol

Also.. I want the GROUP to hop on different producers joints.

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 03:38:32 PM »
i think the main problem is that they aint lettin rza do his thing....instead, they tryna get swizz beats and neptunes and shit, and rza wants 2 keep it true to the authentic wu-tang shit, which some other members are tired of. just the difference in opinion goin in already fux with the chemistry and the probability of puttin forth their best effort. let the producer of the group produce. all the greatest albums were made that way.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 03:55:34 PM »
some of the beats was subpar but in order to create great shit the chemistry has to be there. me as a fan though, an album in the vein of wu tang forever would be epic. and no hbg your services are not needed. LOL
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.