Author Topic: King T - "Thy Kingdom Come" (unrelased)  (Read 4135 times)

MarshColin

Re: King T - "Thy Kingdom Come" (unrelased)
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2012, 03:32:20 PM »
Great album, I downloaded it earlier this year and I've listened to it steadily ever since.  Bumps in the headphones nicely as well (Dre probably mixed and mastered all of the tracks).

It kinda reminds me of Game's first album, what with the Dre involvement and the notable guest appearances and all.  It definitely should have been released on Aftermath.

'The Chron' is one of Dr. Dre's best beats in my opinion.
based on the sound quality, i doubt the album was mastered.

Really?  The version that I downloaded has perfect sound quality save for '6 In Tha Mornin' which sounds a little quiet.  192kbps but it still sounds CDQ.

I thought so too until Ruthless Chronicles came out. Download the rip of that that was uploaded in this thread, and then download the 320kbps rip of Thy Kingdom Come that Okka hooked up in the spot. Compare the 5 songs on Ruthless Chronicles that were from Thy Kingdom Come with Okka's rip and you'll hear improvement. They're at the least mastered noticeably louder.

I'm interested in this King T's Greatest Hits to see if the quality is better on those tracks too. How the heck did "Bass" & "Diss You" not make his greatest hits though?!

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2012, 03:40:45 PM »
From the "Strait From Compton Greatest Hits" the sound quality is almost the same than the Ruthless Chroniclez
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2012, 04:16:50 PM »
anyone know what made King T snatch the chain from 2pac?  :D

johnnie360

« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2012, 04:32:34 PM »
Theres a press card posted with one tracklist. And someone also posted another official tracklist... So which ones the real one? What is the final tracklist?

BIGWORM

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2012, 06:46:37 PM »
anyone know what made King T snatch the chain from 2pac?  :D

I'm pretty sure he didn't snatch his chain. I heard he snatch the red rag off his head....

Will_B

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2012, 01:14:56 AM »
Theres a press card posted with one tracklist. And someone also posted another official tracklist... So which ones the real one? What is the final tracklist?

Well there's the OG tracklist with Got It Locked & That's Drama. Then the Greedy Green tracklist with 18 tracks. They're a German bootleg/compilation company that just keeps reissuing old or out of copyright music. It's nice they leaked those extra tracks tho.

P.s. the 2002 grouprip is sourced from the Greedy Green release too.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2012, 03:17:47 AM »
Great album, I downloaded it earlier this year and I've listened to it steadily ever since.  Bumps in the headphones nicely as well (Dre probably mixed and mastered all of the tracks).

It kinda reminds me of Game's first album, what with the Dre involvement and the notable guest appearances and all.  It definitely should have been released on Aftermath.

'The Chron' is one of Dr. Dre's best beats in my opinion.
based on the sound quality, i doubt the album was mastered.

Really?  The version that I downloaded has perfect sound quality save for '6 In Tha Mornin' which sounds a little quiet.  192kbps but it still sounds CDQ.
i guess you have a different definition of perfect ;)

just compare your download with the aftermath compilation from 1996

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2012, 10:10:25 AM »
http://www.sendspace.com/file/70r9zx

13 track version with tracks sourced from ruthless chronicles & kingdom come and promos from this thread.

maybe some 1 could get erfain to remaster it.

Will_B

« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2012, 11:37:58 AM »
http://www.sendspace.com/file/70r9zx

13 track version with tracks sourced from ruthless chronicles & kingdom come and promos from this thread.

maybe some 1 could get erfain to remaster it.

Thanks OG Jory, appreciate the work :)

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2012, 10:30:01 AM »
no probs.
still cant believe the album only got 3.5, def would of gave it a 4

MarshColin

« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2012, 10:43:13 AM »
Do you guys think that "Got It Locked" was not on the 2002 releases of the album because it already saw an official release as a single from Aftermath/Interscope and they didn't want to run into any legal problems so they left it off? I always thought it was strange that that track was left off, but it kinda makes sense now that I think about it.

Will_B

« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2012, 10:59:34 AM »
no probs.

Yeah I need to hear the OG a few times, but people def underrate King T's above average lyrical ability.

Sccit

« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2012, 01:32:09 PM »
Do you guys think that "Got It Locked" was not on the 2002 releases of the album because it already saw an official release as a single from Aftermath/Interscope and they didn't want to run into any legal problems so they left it off? I always thought it was strange that that track was left off, but it kinda makes sense now that I think about it.

Makes sense... Was the other track that didn't make the cut on the "Got it Locked" single, as well ?

dexter

« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2012, 02:02:43 PM »
What Did "The Source" Say In Their Review?
they gave the album 3.5 mics. imo it deserve at least four.

Soopahigh

« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2012, 10:44:51 PM »
no probs.