Author Topic: Pusha T, Raekwon, Joell Ortiz - Tick Tock prod. by RZA  (Read 864 times)

Sccit

Re: Pusha T, Raekwon, Joell Ortiz - Tick Tock prod. by RZA
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2012, 09:06:01 PM »
pusha t is clearly associated with VA rap, and reps it more than NY. he was bred and truly belongs to the va rap scene. i mean dude grew up basically next door to Timbo & Pharell. that's VA's finest right there (with Missy, devanté & Teddy Riley). that's like saying dominique wilkins is from france cause he was born in paris...

missy?  please leave her off that list :D

missy wasnt bad back n the day

Lady of Rage is from Virginia and she takes a big fat cleveland steamer on Missy Elliot.

Lady of Rage identifies with the west

that's not what she says on Afro Puffs

she's a west coast rapper ala kurupt, 2pac, d.o.c, outlawz, roscoe, xzibit etc.

Blood$

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2012, 01:02:11 PM »
Pusha T has yet to drop a weak verse.

Invincible

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2012, 02:17:18 PM »
This isn't produced by RZA by the way

10. Tick, Tock (Pusha T, Raekwon & Joell Ortiz)
Produced by Frank Dukes & S-1

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2012, 12:06:02 AM »
pusha t is clearly associated with VA rap, and reps it more than NY. he was bred and truly belongs to the va rap scene. i mean dude grew up basically next door to Timbo & Pharell. that's VA's finest right there (with Missy, devanté & Teddy Riley). that's like saying dominique wilkins is from france cause he was born in paris...

missy?  please leave her off that list :D

missy wasnt bad back n the day

Lady of Rage is from Virginia and she takes a big fat cleveland steamer on Missy Elliot.

ugh terrible visual
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2012, 02:30:06 AM »
-Beat is fire ...I like the atmosphere

-Ortiz doesn't fit the song

Pusha T has been on a roll , unfortunately he's likely to release your today's average hip pop album ( with faggot RNB singers and all) ...

Imagine an album full of this / New God Flow type of songs

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2012, 10:39:57 AM »
dope....how come pusha t is puttin out all this new shit, but no malice is never heard of as a solo artist? shits weird

It's pretty obvious actually...Pusha took the oath, sold out and runs with devil worshippers.  Malice changed his name to No Malice and found God.

Blood$

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2012, 12:34:01 PM »
dope....how come pusha t is puttin out all this new shit, but no malice is never heard of as a solo artist? shits weird

It's pretty obvious actually...Pusha took the oath, sold out and runs with devil worshippers.  Malice changed his name to No Malice and found God.

I'm not gonna argue that statement right there, but Pusha isn't exactly "mainstream" status quite yet on his own like on the level of Kanye, Big Sean, etc.

Sccit

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2012, 02:21:08 PM »

interesting.....but they're comin out with another Clipse album, tho. hows that guna work?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2012, 02:16:40 AM »

interesting.....but they're comin out with another Clipse album, tho. hows that guna work?

Don't know...but if I was malice, I'd stay away.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2012, 03:14:18 AM »

I'm not gonna argue that statement right there, but Pusha isn't exactly "mainstream" status quite yet on his own like on the level of Kanye, Big Sean, etc.

He may not be KONYAY status popularity wise, but you have to understand that he was basically pulled out of obscurity (clipse rode the pharrel wave a decade ago, which I thought was dope btw) and is all over the work of arguably the biggest name in hip hop today. I'm not saying that Pusssha isn't a talented dude or that he doesn't grind...but if you look at music from an industry perspective, you know that label heads won't put someone on for nothing, and if you see someone explode popularity wise (and yes, Pusssha fits this...his features have increased 1000% compared to say 5 yrs ago) and is all over the #1 act's work, that there is a price to be paid.

KONYAY is blatantly into satanic shit, and anyone in his clique is highly suspect. Clipse always made the Cain and able references, and with malice obviously having integrity and proclaiming his faith in God, changing his name (a huge deal, a rappers name is their brand which takes years to establish, and to change it is generally a majorly bad idea career-wise), etc....let's just say I hope he sleeps with one eye open.

Another good example is 2chainz...wasn't he titty boy from ludacris' clique back in the day? Pulled out of complete obscurity; was a rapper / hype man that no one ever acknowledged (luda was tight, but his clique was unknown outside of Chingy and shawnna or shante or whatever that chicks name was) over a decade ago and now is all over the mainstream, features increased probably 1,000,000% from a decade ago even though Luda was a top act at the time. Now, 10+ years later, well after luda's peak, his former hype man is the industry's favorite guy? Again, if you pay attention to the people that run the industry, they don't just walk up to a dude like 2chainz' broke ass apartment in Atlanta and ask if he wants to be a superstar...his fame comes with a price, and his sudden rise to being featured everywhere was probably not cheap.

Blood$

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2012, 12:20:24 PM »

He may not be KONYAY status popularity wise, but you have to understand that he was basically pulled out of obscurity (clipse rode the pharrel wave a decade ago, which I thought was dope btw) and is all over the work of arguably the biggest name in hip hop today. I'm not saying that Pusssha isn't a talented dude or that he doesn't grind...but if you look at music from an industry perspective, you know that label heads won't put someone on for nothing, and if you see someone explode popularity wise (and yes, Pusssha fits this...his features have increased 1000% compared to say 5 yrs ago) and is all over the #1 act's work, that there is a price to be paid.

KONYAY is blatantly into satanic shit, and anyone in his clique is highly suspect. Clipse always made the Cain and able references, and with malice obviously having integrity and proclaiming his faith in God, changing his name (a huge deal, a rappers name is their brand which takes years to establish, and to change it is generally a majorly bad idea career-wise), etc....let's just say I hope he sleeps with one eye open.

Another good example is 2chainz...wasn't he titty boy from ludacris' clique back in the day? Pulled out of complete obscurity; was a rapper / hype man that no one ever acknowledged (luda was tight, but his clique was unknown outside of Chingy and shawnna or shante or whatever that chicks name was) over a decade ago and now is all over the mainstream, features increased probably 1,000,000% from a decade ago even though Luda was a top act at the time. Now, 10+ years later, well after luda's peak, his former hype man is the industry's favorite guy? Again, if you pay attention to the people that run the industry, they don't just walk up to a dude like 2chainz' broke ass apartment in Atlanta and ask if he wants to be a superstar...his fame comes with a price, and his sudden rise to being featured everywhere was probably not cheap.

that sounds on point to me, IMO Pusha is taking the same approach then as Nas by basically playing both sides of the fence just to stay "alive" in the game