Author Topic: Sticky Fingaz signs to scott storch's label  (Read 275 times)

antt213

• 'G'
Sticky Fingaz signs to scott storch's label
« on: February 17, 2003, 07:05:10 PM »
:: Sticky Fingaz & Master P Star in Lockdown //
Lockdown, the prison drama starring Master P, Sticky Fingaz, Richard T. Jones, and Gabriel Casseus, hits theatres nationwide this weekend. Centering around three friends wrongfully convicted or murder, Sticky Fingaz told The Source.com, "It's raw. It's an updated urban American Me. It looks so real and covers every dark aspect of prison life. It's really a dark movie and people are gonna leave like what happened was messed up, it gives people something definitely to talk about. It's really ill. Everybody did their thing on there."

Sticky also has a reoccurring role as "Kern Little" on The FX police drama The Shield and will also be starring as a hip-hop record executive in the UPN drama Platinum which debuts on April 14. Sticky is also working on his sophomore solo album, tentatively titled Decade ,which will be released on producer Scott Storch's label Independent Majors and D3 Entertainment. Sticky added, "Scott Storch is handling most of the production and I got some heat from Timbaland."

Decade is slated for a May release.

from the source.com
all hail the underground how that sound-xzibit

Jome

Re:Sticky Fingaz signs to scott storch's label
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 07:25:54 PM »
Dope news. Thx.

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 09:39:39 PM »
Yea, that news is Huge.!

Kirk Jones was an amazing album, with Storch behind the boards, this new shit will be bangin 8)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2003, 10:54:16 AM »
yo this is big news y'all, im shocked its only had 2 replies, sticky is real dope n gettin loads of storch beats! n timbo, cant wait for this to drop

peace

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2003, 12:43:04 PM »
Wow good news!
Thanks bro, used to love sticky back in the grimy dayz of hiphop and mah youth...
...not bad on screen too  :)
Life is all good,

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2003, 02:14:23 PM »
This should be good.  I don't see Sticky over the typical Tim beat but Scott should lace him with enough bangers to make a good album.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2003, 04:55:42 PM »
This should be good.  I don't see Sticky over the typical Tim beat but Scott should lace him with enough bangers to make a good album.

word, timbo betta not hook him up with that typical recycled bullshit beats of his, but if he comes with heat like the beat for cry me a river, sticcky gon be blessed!

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2003, 07:49:53 PM »
Yea, that news is Huge.!

Kirk Jones was an amazing album, with Storch behind the boards, this new shit will be bangin 8)

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

Jome

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2003, 08:26:22 PM »

word, timbo betta not hook him up with that typical recycled bullshit beats of his, but if he comes with heat like the beat for cry me a river, sticcky gon be blessed!

Nah, I think Sticky is better on some grimey rugged beats.
His voice is way to dark for Timbo's usual techno-hippop beats that he does for Aaliyah/J.T. & Missy.
But I know Timbo can do the darker sound too, he's flexible.. if he can do dope beats for Red & Meth, then he can lace Sticky too.