Author Topic: G.O.O.D. Music - "Cruel Summer" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 2043 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: G.O.O.D. Music - "Cruel Summer" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2012, 06:33:42 PM »
New God Flow is the shiit!

Portugoal

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2012, 10:14:45 AM »
I was really looking forward to this album, but I'm very disappointed... Not worth the money :(

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2012, 10:58:34 AM »
Anyone got new God flow with the ghost verse?

sofdark

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2012, 08:08:03 PM »
There isn't one Mos Def track here. Fuck.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 08:53:01 PM by sofdark »

MistaNova

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2012, 08:26:14 PM »
Well I finally listened to this album in full and it's an okay album I guess.

IMO the first half is great (for the most part) but the second half is where things start collapsing and that Kid CuDi track was pretty much the final nail in the coffin.
If I were to point to a certain track where things start falling apart I'd say probably Higher. Now I do like that track but my expectations for it were a lot higher (no pun intended) considering that it had Pusha T, The-Dream and Ma$e (one of the few 90's rappers I actually still like) leaving me somewhat disappointed and after that the rest of the album got progressively boring to me.

Overall I'd give it a 6/10. My expectations for the album were relatively low (possibly lower than the expectations others had) from the get-go and the album pretty much met them. Only tracks that really knocked my socks off were Mercy & Cold.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2012, 12:09:27 AM »
Well I finally listened to this album in full and it's an okay album I guess.

IMO the first half is great (for the most part) but the second half is where things start collapsing and that Kid CuDi track was pretty much the final nail in the coffin.
If I were to point to a certain track where things start falling apart I'd say probably Higher. Now I do like that track but my expectations for it were a lot higher (no pun intended) considering that it had Pusha T, The-Dream and Ma$e (one of the few 90's rappers I actually still like) leaving me somewhat disappointed and after that the rest of the album got progressively boring to me.

Overall I'd give it a 6/10. My expectations for the album were relatively low (possibly lower than the expectations others had) from the get-go and the album pretty much met them. Only tracks that really knocked my socks off were Mercy & Cold.

Man "Higher" could be my favourite track on the album, Mase kills it in my opinion. After a few spins I can enjoy this album front to back, "New God Flow" could be one of the top 10 songs of the year with that Ghost verse.

MistaNova

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2012, 12:42:42 AM »
Man "Higher" could be my favourite track on the album, Mase kills it in my opinion. After a few spins I can enjoy this album front to back, "New God Flow" could be one of the top 10 songs of the year with that Ghost verse.

Higher is a great track. While it wasn't quite what I was expecting, it's still one of the better tracks on the album.
Coincidentally my friend (who I borrowed the album from) said the exact same thing about New God Flow, then he said he wanted a Ghostface album completely produced by Premo lol.

Blood$

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2012, 12:05:23 PM »
"The One" is pretty dope too, I've been playing that one a lot lately

was definitely a quality release, the poster it comes with is cool too

run-of-the-millian

• 'G'
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2013, 01:52:25 AM »
That song Higher really lives up to it's name!!!  :laugh:

And Ma$e's verse... wow.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HXAo12l69I0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HXAo12l69I0</a>