Author Topic: Gulf War II : Why????  (Read 213 times)

DeaDSouLjaH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Gulf War II : Why????
« on: February 15, 2003, 11:46:39 AM »
alrite.. guys i guess this topic mus ave been overplayed... but i have to do a paper presentation in class on this topic.. .. and i wanted to see a general reaction from everyone ... coz i am pretty sure that there would be ppl from both camps comin out in support of what they believe in ..
so could u guys pls temme why there is gonna be another GULF WAR II and the consequences if such a war does take place??

Awards:
Most Improved (January)
Emcee of the Month(February)
Battle Emcee of the Month(February)
Rhyme of the Month(February)

Record:17-8-1
[/color]

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Gulf War II : Why????
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2003, 02:24:36 PM »
Why a Gulf Way II?

A better question is why not?

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2003, 09:02:36 PM »
I think the reason is because when we were bombed sept 11th, the president felt an obligation to the american people to secure our country; america's never been attacked before (save pearl harbor) on this level, and so we waged a 'war' on terrorism since terrorists were responsible.  Numbers of terrorists are growing all over the world, and it would be simple for like-minded terrorists to cause similar damage in america (blow up a stadium, etc.); so the president stepped up efforts world wide to stop terrorism.  Saadam is a guy who should have been dealt with years ago, because he has dirty hands and would glady support terrorists, and probably does.  Since he's in support of terrorist actions against the u.s., he gets attacked also.  Even before sept 11th (WAY before) he hadn't been complying with the premises in his peace agreement with the u.n., and the consequences of that are that there is no longer peace.  We'd been letting him slip for years, but with the american homeland no longer as secure as we imagined, threats like him need to be eliminated to lessen the potential for future problems.  

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2003, 11:38:56 PM »
I think the reason is because when we were bombed sept 11th, the president felt an obligation to the american people to secure our country; america's never been attacked before (save pearl harbor) on this level, and so we waged a 'war' on terrorism since terrorists were responsible.  Numbers of terrorists are growing all over the world, and it would be simple for like-minded terrorists to cause similar damage in america (blow up a stadium, etc.); so the president stepped up efforts world wide to stop terrorism.  Saadam is a guy who should have been dealt with years ago, because he has dirty hands and would glady support terrorists, and probably does.  Since he's in support of terrorist actions against the u.s., he gets attacked also.  Even before sept 11th (WAY before) he hadn't been complying with the premises in his peace agreement with the u.n., and the consequences of that are that there is no longer peace.  We'd been letting him slip for years, but with the american homeland no longer as secure as we imagined, threats like him need to be eliminated to lessen the potential for future problems.  

Well said

Big BpG

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2003, 12:52:10 AM »
very well said trauma. To me... we have no reason to go to war... yes, september 11th will always be in our history, but starting a war only  makes it worse. The big turning point was Powells speech. He showed us pics of buildings with semi trucks next to them... he told the american people that these were plants to create weapons of mass destruction... now tell me this.... if you saw those pics (the pics he used to PROVE that iraq had weapons) without powell telling u what they were, what would you see. To me, I saw an arial picture of a building with semi trucks next to them... there was no proof of WEAPONS... only he said that there was... to me... this dates all the way back to the early 90's... president bush just wants to finish what his dad didn't... we talked about it before he got elected and now he is finding a way to make it happen... I honestly dont believe that we are in any threat, in fact, we haven't been threatened... we are threatening... and iraq should be scared, our government is creating a threat from iraq, which doesn't exist (iraq has said nothing to alarm us)... so now we have to go the hardware store to buy stuff for our windows...so we dont get killed by the gas you see.... fuck war... its dumb... WE ARE THE ENEMIES IN THIS WAR... not Iraq... the govt tells us otherwise.

-Bluey

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2003, 12:58:58 PM »
Hmmm; I guess what I said WASN'T very well said, then, because your conclusion is totally different than what I put.  Peace~

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2003, 02:22:16 PM »
I think both were well said, and represent the logical arguments on both sides. I dont think I can add to them other than to say I agree with what blue said about bush making things worse, as seen by the recent escalation in security scares. War is wrong.
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

closetothalimit

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2003, 08:51:12 PM »
personally i just think it's america trying to tell another nation how to run itself politically like they did in the vietnam war, again its gonna cost innocent lives and again its a pointless war that could be easily avoided.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2003, 10:33:51 AM »
Bush is just tryin to finish what his daddy started back in 92...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2003, 11:41:54 AM »
Saadam is a guy who should have been dealt with years ago, because he has dirty hands and would glady support terrorists, and probably does.  

I guess thats the difference between me and you Trauma. I dont think thousands of innocent lives are are worth being sacrficed over possibilities, and hypothetical scenerios.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2003, 12:32:14 PM »
9-11 was a hypothetical scenerio on 9-10...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2003, 05:21:04 PM »
There had already been terrorist attacks on US soil for years before 9/11. Can u please tell me when Iraq has launched an attack on American soil?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2003, 08:38:26 PM »

I guess thats the difference between me and you Trauma. I dont think thousands of innocent lives are are worth being sacrficed over possibilities, and hypothetical scenerios.

What possibilities? Hussein has already killed tens of thousands of Kurds. He is a brutal tyrant and needs to be removed so democracy and human rights can be introduced to the Arab world. Hopefully the rest of the region would follow the model of a democratic Iraq.

Immortal

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2003, 10:36:45 AM »
word to trauma and bluecrip , those 2 reasons are good enough for me. War shouldnt happen in today's society, but its just life. The winner takes all, and the loser just becomes a sucker.

apoc
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2003, 10:43:59 AM »

What possibilities? Hussein has already killed tens of thousands of Kurds. He is a brutal tyrant and needs to be removed so democracy and human rights can be introduced to the Arab world. Hopefully the rest of the region would follow the model of a democratic Iraq.

Despite your media's insistence, I dont think Saddam Hussein is an idiot.
He killed thousands of Kurds, with the helicopters your govt sent him.

And if your govt is concerned with brutal tyrants why has it done its utmost to install said tyrants into power when it coiincided with your interests? Noreaga? Pinochet? The Shah of Iran? These are all the products of the United States. Your $2 Billion a year ensures brutal tyrants like Egypts Hosni Mubarak remains in power. Your govt is not concerned with democracy and human rights. When it sends its F-16s to Israel to use on Palestinians that tells me that they are not concerned with human rights.

So I ask, what gives the US the moral justification to go around policing the world, when it has been responsible for half the problems that exist today.

- Lewis Carroll