Author Topic: Is Kendrick Lamar the best rapper alive? (Right now)  (Read 1265 times)

PLANT

Is Kendrick Lamar the best rapper alive? (Right now)
« on: September 20, 2012, 06:10:02 PM »
Seriously.  Is anyone better right now?

I say no.  

After I saw that shit he spit on Funk Flex, it really hit me that Kendrick is the best rapper in the game right now.  Im pretty sure when his album leaks/drops he is going to have a major buzz and we are going to hear a westcoast classic.  The west has not seen this much potential or hype since The Game dropped "The Documentary".  

Discuss.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 06:41:41 PM by PLANT »

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Is Kendrick Lamar the best rapper alive?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 06:13:27 PM »
lmao

Desert Lord

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 06:20:52 PM »
Seriously.  Is anyone better right now?

I say no.  

After I saw that shit he spit on Funk Flex, it really hit me that Kendrick is the best rapper in the game right now.  Im pretty sure when his album leaks/drops he is going to have a major buzz and we are going to hear a westcoast classic.  The west has not seen this much potential or hype since The Game dropped "The Documentary".  

Discuss.

i don't saw much potential in game when documentary dropped to be honest...
kendrick is another story, i'm curious to hear his album because he definetly got potential. but "the best rapper alive" goes a little to far imo
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 06:29:04 PM by Funk Lord »

Invincible

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 06:26:09 PM »
All the time Nas, Rakim, Ghostface, Masta Ace etc. are still alive, then no he's not.

Remedy360

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 06:27:42 PM »
Kenrick is one of my favorites, and you can make a case for "hottest in the game" or something like that, but best rapper? No.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 06:30:04 PM »
no

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 06:39:56 PM »
All the time Nas, Rakim, Ghostface, Masta Ace etc. are still alive, then no he's not.
do you feel they are better right now than Kendrick?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 06:40:21 PM »

KOOL G RAP, GZA, Chino XL, Mc Juice, Eminem etc. are also miles ahead of Kendrick

let's be real here, Kendrick failed at copying Lil Wayne early in his career and now that he became himself he's an above average rapper but nothing close to great.  The recipe was the dopest beat of the spring and even then I'll say he failed to do that beat as much justice as he could have.

PLANT

Re: Is Kendrick Lamar the best rapper alive? (Right now)
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 06:42:59 PM »
In terms of career hes obviously not better than Nas or Rakim or whatever, but I think hes the best rapper there is right now, and looking into the future, I feel like hes going to stay at that point. 

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 07:12:56 PM »
Hes good.  Every once in a while he makes a really good song.  Hes completely hit or miss (song by song) for me.  It makes me sad hearing some of the potential features on his upcoming album, but its not like the guy is selling cds out of the trunk of his car in a parking lot so I guess I understand why; it just wont encourage me to buy the album any.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 07:14:38 PM »

KOOL G RAP, GZA, Chino XL, Mc Juice, Eminem etc. are also miles ahead of Kendrick

let's be real here, Kendrick failed at copying Lil Wayne early in his career and now that he became himself he's an above average rapper but nothing close to great.  The recipe was the dopest beat of the spring and even then I'll say he failed to do that beat as much justice as he could have.

Im glad that trend in hip hop is almost over, if not completely.  Wayne was good in his own right but jesus h christ every rapper from new york to oakland was trying to sound like him for a time. 
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

papa-smurf

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 09:39:23 PM »
kendrick is dope but not the best rapper alive.im more into rappers like nas.suga free & etc

Jimmy H.

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 09:41:44 PM »
Of the new wave of rappers, I'd say he has potential to be one of the best. But it's way too early to be calling him "best rapper alive". We'll see what happens after his debut drops.

h2k4

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 09:44:03 PM »

Who's to say he's being himself?  When he first came out, he was talking sort of that Gangsta shit mixed with a little bit of what he's doing now.  A few people thought he was dope but overall felt that he was going to be in the shadow of Jay Rock.  Then he switched up his style to mimick Lil' Wayne and then the majority of the people hated him and said he was wack.  Now that he switched up his style again and claims he's just being himself, everyone loves him and swears up and down he's the West Coast savior.  Put the Dre tramp stamp on him and now everyone is riding his nuts.  Westcoast fans are so weird.

I always felt K. Dot was dope and had it in him to become a big name but it seems like his star power has risen because of his newly found relationship with Dre.  Sucks that Dre still has his thumb on the Westcoast.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 09:53:16 PM »
kendrick is far from being a Snoop