Author Topic: Is Kendrick Lamar the best rapper alive? (Right now)  (Read 1276 times)

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
Re: Is Kendrick Lamar the best rapper alive? (Right now)
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 02:13:50 AM »
In terms of career hes obviously not better than Nas or Rakim or whatever, but I think hes the best rapper there is right now, and looking into the future, I feel like hes going to stay at that point. 
I wouldn't say the best rapper, but he is one of the best right now, let's see if the album pushes him even higher

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 02:20:22 AM »
The "title" is definetely there for the taking since there hasn't been a great mainstream album for quite some years

doggfather

Re: Is Kendrick Lamar the best rapper alive?
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 03:10:08 AM »
Kenrick is one of my favorites, and you can make a case for "hottest in the game" or something like that, but best rapper? No.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P

Will_B

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 05:51:26 AM »
Maybe u could say one of the best newer rappers with his introspective shit

That's all that makes him standout IMO

The_Offence

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 06:08:33 AM »
i like kendrick but nipsey is a better rapper in my opinion. kendrick has some weird music that i can't listen too. you know those track where he does that weird voice ? i can't listen to that shit.

Will_B

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 06:24:48 AM »
i like kendrick but nipsey is a better rapper in my opinion. kendrick has some weird music that i can't listen too. you know those track where he does that weird voice ? i can't listen to that shit.

The Andre 3k thing?

The_Offence

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 06:30:16 AM »
All the time Nas, Rakim, Ghostface, Masta Ace etc. are still alive, then no he's not.

KOOL G RAP, GZA, Chino XL, Mc Juice, Eminem etc. are also miles ahead of Kendrick

let's be real here, Kendrick failed at copying Lil Wayne early in his career and now that he became himself he's an above average rapper but nothing close to great.  The recipe was the dopest beat of the spring and even then I'll say he failed to do that beat as much justice as he could have.

Who's to say he's being himself?  When he first came out, he was talking sort of that Gangsta shit mixed with a little bit of what he's doing now.  A few people thought he was dope but overall felt that he was going to be in the shadow of Jay Rock.  Then he switched up his style to mimick Lil' Wayne and then the majority of the people hated him and said he was wack.  Now that he switched up his style again and claims he's just being himself, everyone loves him and swears up and down he's the West Coast savior.  Put the Dre tramp stamp on him and now everyone is riding his nuts.  Westcoast fans are so weird.

I always felt K. Dot was dope and had it in him to become a big name but it seems like his star power has risen because of his newly found relationship with Dre.  Sucks that Dre still has his thumb on the Westcoast.
dre will always have his thumb on the west coast because he's a high ranking Illuminati member. this nigga is almost 50 and he's still god on the west coast. no way you can tell me dre is not in the Illuminati. niggas like dre, Oprah, jay z, p diddy, Russel simmons, eminem, will smith, 50 cent ect are all high ranking Illuminati members. some of these niggas are right under our noses with that shit and niggas are more focused on these new cats being in the Illuminati. look how powerful all these niggas got once they linked up with dre. look how powerful 50 & eminem became once dre excepted them into the devils world. movies, clothing lines, deals with coca cola. they don't let black people gain this much power unless they're doing some fucked up shit for the man.. a black woman like Oprah as one of the most powerful women in the world ? America don't let us gain power unless we're doing dirty work for them.. dre is one of the biggest Illuminati member that people over look. don't be shocked if you see this nigga dre running for the mayor of California soon. look how powerful eminem became in a short period of time. Oprah can call shots like shes the president my nigga. don't be surprised if Oprah becomes the first woman president.. this nigga dre had the world waiting on detox lmao, niggas are selling their asses to buy some beats by dre lol. this nigga is a high ranking Illuminati member that people over look.  people are focus on these lil new rappers wearing a shirt with some eyes on it. them niggas just doing that shit for attention. the real Illuminati members are the powerful niggas in the game. the ones that wouldn't wear a stupid shirt to call attention to themselves. think about bro. all this nigga has to do is say your name in a few interviews and your on your way to becoming a star.  are you kidding me ? a black man from compton with that much power  :D thats that Illuminati power!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 06:50:54 AM by The_Offence »

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 07:40:19 AM »
come on, my dude...this shit looks like a troll thread.

Kendrick is a good rapper...but he has a long way 2 go if he wants 2 be mentioned amongst the GREATS.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2012, 10:23:36 AM »
All the time Nas, Rakim, Ghostface, Masta Ace etc. are still alive, then no he's not.

KOOL G RAP, GZA, Chino XL, Mc Juice, Eminem etc. are also miles ahead of Kendrick

Big Daddy Kane, KRS-One, Pharoahe Monch, Chuck D, Gift of Gab, Tech N9ne, AZ, OC, Black Thought...

Even if we're being generous, there's at least 50 rappers who are better than him, probably a lot more...

PLANT

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 11:08:48 AM »

Kendrick is a good rapper...but he has a long way 2 go if he wants 2 be mentioned amongst the GREATS.
I never mentioned him amongst any greats.  I said I think hes the best rapper out right now.  Im looking at the rap game as a whole right now, thinking...there is nobody better than kendrick right now.  And his album hasnt even dropped yet.

PLANT

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 11:10:14 AM »

Big Daddy Kane, KRS-One, Pharoahe Monch, Chuck D, Gift of Gab, Tech N9ne, AZ, OC, Black Thought...

Even if we're being generous, there's at least 50 rappers who are better than him, probably a lot more...

No offense but I dont see any of these artist you mentioned dropping a better album than Kendrick anytime soon.  Chuck D?  Cmon dude, maybe in 88!

DJ Warrior

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 11:12:24 AM »

Invincible

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 11:40:05 AM »

No offense but I dont see any of these artist you mentioned dropping a better album than Kendrick anytime soon.  Chuck D?  Cmon dude, maybe in 88!

You can't say that till you've heard the album. It might be full of mainstream sounding bullshit. It is coming out through Aftermath after all.

pixtr

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2012, 12:09:09 PM »
even Jay Rock or Maylay are better than Kendrick