Author Topic: Isn't it something....  (Read 136 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Isn't it something....
« on: February 18, 2003, 07:55:53 PM »
...that we heard about 50 Cent signing to Shady/Aftermath just a few months ago and already his album drops....and it doesn't sound rushed either--it's a good album.  So why does it take so damn long for Rakim to drop or Crooked I or shit, any other rapper that takes forever to drop an album.  I know that 50 is mainly Em's project but STILL....you know that's gotta piss off other artists who have been waiting to come out for a while.....

S.G.V.

Re:Isn't it something....
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2003, 08:03:42 PM »
...that we heard about 50 Cent signing to Shady/Aftermath just a few months ago and already his album drops....and it doesn't sound rushed either--it's a good album.  So why does it take so damn long for Rakim to drop or Crooked I or shit, any other rapper that takes forever to drop an album.  I know that 50 is mainly Em's project but STILL....you know that's gotta piss off other artists who have been waiting to come out for a while.....
label politics...theyd rather put out a weaker rapper who has more mass appeal to bring in the money...theyd rather not stay true to hip hop and put out non-credible emcees...than the credible ones...

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2003, 08:06:41 PM »
that is something

Jome

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2003, 09:13:18 PM »
label politics...theyd rather put out a weaker rapper who has more mass appeal to bring in the money...theyd rather not stay true to hip hop and put out non-credible emcees...than the credible ones...

LOL

Nah, on the real though..
I don't think Dre wants to fuck Rakims album up.. 'cause if he did, he will forever be known as the producer who fucked up a legends legacy.
So he wants it to be a hiphop masterpiece, and even if GRODT was very dope, it wasn't a hiphop masterpiece.

And I think the beats Dre did for 50 was beats he had laying around.
He said himself that "Heat" had been laying around forever..

Soopafly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2003, 09:59:47 PM »
Rakims dropped 2rather weak albums n a  row now there is no way in hell Dre culd drop anythin weaker then any of those 2 ,and neither of those have really harmed rakims repuation.

Jome

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2003, 10:42:54 PM »
Rakims dropped 2rather weak albums n a  row now there is no way in hell Dre culd drop anythin weaker then any of those 2 ,and neither of those have really harmed rakims repuation.

Yeah, but this is Rakims last album, and there's no way Dre wants to be known as the guy who slammed the door in Rakims ass.
That's what I meant..
Dre wants a true classic.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2003, 06:17:32 AM »
his last 2 albums were'nt wack, the master was an incredible album

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris